RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 29, 2024, 10:16:11 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | A few rejected submissions, and some questions. 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A few rejected submissions, and some questions.  (Read 1959 times)
Javy
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« on: March 15, 2014, 01:25:18 AM »

-"Car Racing LCD, Tennis LCD, Basketball LCD, 2 different Baseball LCD, Space Invaders LCD, Brick Game 9999 in 1, and Grand Prix Brick Game, were rejected for the following reason:

Needs more information"

Most of these are really old, they have no manual and barely any info themselves. Just because they're not in the handheld museum website, they aren't approved?
If I could at least upload a photo along with the submission to differenciate it from the ones in the database...
What else can I do?

I couldn't find pics (much less any info) for any of them around the web, except for the Space Invaders game:
http://www.bonanza.com/li...2-PERSON-ARCADE-/42237170

-"Pokemon Pikachu was rejected for the following reason:

Needs more info"

Really? Pokemon Pikachu 2 is already in the database, why not add the first one too?

https://en.wikipedia.org/...ki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Pikachu_2

-"Your submission for Quiz Wiz General Knowledge was rejected for the following reason:

We (the staff) decided not to include the Quiz Wiz in the DB so this doesn't belong here"

May I ask why?

I also find extremely annoying that I have to start from scratch when I want to re-submit something that was rejected or was asked to submit in a different section. Is all the info from my previous rejected submission deleted?
Having to look for the item in my house, after it was stored, is a pain. And even more, finding and typing the info I had already researched the first time around.
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 02:32:38 AM »

I can vouch for Brick Game being a thing. That thing is pretty much infamous.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 08:42:42 AM »

I didn't see these submissions, so I can't give any specific reasons they were rejected, but in general, we need some basic info on everything that comes into the DB to avoid confusion and duplicate entries. We understand that some older/obscure stuff doesn't have much info on them out there, so in the future, take a picture or even better, a scan of the item. Then when you make the submission, put a comment on it stating you have an image of it. Then once its approved, submit that image to the entry.

And the Quiz Wiz was taken out of the DB because we decided it wasn't a video game. There's no video, so its more of an electronic toy, which we don't track.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 09:36:39 AM »

Like NES_Rules i didn't see them but the reasons for rejection he listed are pretty much spot on.

For example if you do a search for Car Racing we have 2 DB entries with the same title. Both from the same company presumably made years apart.
Those little handhelds are a dime a dozen and constantly are remade and/or reskinned.

Battleship and Hangman are two i specifically remember since my cousin had them as a kid and someone else submit an entry for them years ago. I knew the images submit were not of the original entry i made so i touched base with the user and let them know that their games were newer and needed a new game page.

As for Pokemon Pikachu if the submission had limited information it wouldn't be the easiest thing in the world to verify. Searching google for Pokemon Pikachu returns pretty useless results for cross reference.

The 9999999999999999999999 in one another generic handheld that has probably hundreds of variants.

And the Quiz Wiz was originally listed as its own system in the database. But as NES said it was removed because it didn't seem to meet the sites basic requirements for a "video"game*.

I can understand why you are frustrated with the rejcected subs but i can also see why they were all rejected. In this instance i think the approver could have either PMed you to ask about submitting images (should you have declined that would have been basis for rejection also) OR given you more details on what kind of information that was needed upon resubmittal to have the submission approved.

Hopefully you will resubmit and get them accepted. Just remember if you are submitting a mostly blank page (due to age, rarity, or the fact that it has literally no info) just be sure to add in the Sub notes that you have images to include as soon as it is approved. And be sure to upload those images or the entry could be removed.

*I don't want to have to start accepting Electronic Battleship or that Monopoly game with the ATM card (so people don't have to do math) into the DB. lol Tongue

Javy
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 04:24:42 PM »

Alright, thanks everyone!
I'll eventually submit them again with pics.

monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 07:08:02 PM »

Don't feel bad, I get stuff rejected from time to time. We are here to help (and my we I mean the moderators not me) and always willing to help out.

ApolloBoy
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 01:31:58 PM »

I'm curious as to why you brought this up now as opposed to several months ago when I sent you those PMs.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 02:04:55 PM »

I think I also originally rejected some of your submissions asking for images, which you provided image links for afterwards for some of the LCD titles.

Javy
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 08:16:45 PM »

I'm curious as to why you brought this up now as opposed to several months ago when I sent you those PMs.

Never got a chance to just sit down and type : /

I think I also originally rejected some of your submissions asking for images, which you provided image links for afterwards for some of the LCD titles.

Actually, that was another item that I had submitted and was accepted. Taking pictures of the LCD games are still on my to-do list.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 11:34:11 AM »

You can also tell us why there isnt a lot of info in the submissions notes. On the old stuff I understand about no info but on Pokemon Pikachu submit all the info you can even if you have to look stuff up. Saves the staff from having to look it up. We approve 1000's of submission the less we have to look up the better. Also in the submission notes you can say you will submit pictures once the item is approved.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length