RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 27, 2024, 09:26:56 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Analogue Nt 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Analogue Nt  (Read 3582 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: March 12, 2014, 06:16:04 PM »

It seems that there is a new NES/Famicom compatible coming out soon: http://www.analogueintera...com/index.php/analogue-nt

From the site:
NES.
FAMICOM.
RGB: VIDEOPHILE.
HI-FI: AUDIOPHILE.
FOUR PLAYERS.
NO EMULATION.
The NES. Often called the most iconic video game system of all time. Today, to experience its greatness, options are limited and riddled with compromises. The Analogue Nt sets a precedent. It opens a door to the highest quality way to experience the NES and Famicom. With a library of nearly 2000 titles, the NES and Famicom are home to some of the most significant games ever created. A rich and diverse history is waiting to be explored. We created the Analogue Nt to experience this pivotal part of gaming history with the quality and justice it deserves.

The Analogue Nt is designed around the heart and brain of the original NES. We've completely reengineered the original NES while remaining true to the original hardware. This means you’ll be experiencing the NES with the hardware it was designed to be played with.

The Analogue Nt is precision fabricated from a solid block of aircraft grade aluminum. Engineered with an uncompromising attitude to quality. There has never been another video game system like it.

We know there are lots of questions and we cant wait to share all of the details with you. We’ve got features and details that are going to blow everyone away. We promise we won’t disappoint. We will be unveiling all the fine details and taking orders at the end of March. Stay tuned.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 06:22:19 PM »

It is a pretty cool looking system. I have the distinct feeling that they are going to ask a batshitcrazy amount of money for it though.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 06:58:20 PM »

I'm right there with you. With RetroZone's HDMI NES due out at a reasonable price this year and the Retron5, it seems like it will be tough competition. If they do a small run I would still anticipate a sell out due to the design.

I am often shocked at what Rose Colored Gaming charges for custom GBA's and carts and they sell out rather quickly.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 10:41:46 PM »

Must say, that's one good looking console. It looks like it will be expensive though.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 06:39:18 AM »

It looks good but I couldn't help thinking the slogan should be "Famiclone parts at Neo Geo prices."

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 01:29:17 PM »

Looks pretty awesome, but definitely expensive.  I saw a few FDS games, but it doesn't mention anywhere that it will play them.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 07:15:54 PM »

It looks like the Famicom slot is situated where there would be no problem attaching an FDS RAM adapter.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 08:57:49 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if they sold a suped up one to match the system.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 07:55:18 AM »

Looks like the price is set at $500:

http://time.com/87809/ana...-as-a-500-luxury-machine/

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 03:31:10 PM »

500 for that or a Xbox One or PS4.......yeah.....looks awesome but WTF.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 04:41:51 PM »

It's a boutique product to be sure. Too rich for my blood, but interesting nonetheless

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 08:29:46 PM »

It's $500 and you have to buy an HDMI adapter separately. No thanks.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 08:33:36 PM »

not worth it at all...it's not like having HDMI support would do much for the games, they were still designed for 80s CRT tvs. you could probably get the NES, famicom, and FDS for less than that
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 12:45:21 AM »

I wouldn't pay 500 for this thing even if it didn't have input lag. It's not going to save a lot of space if you still have to use your original carts anyway. If you're worried about malfunctions, you could put some time in to learn how to clean the systems/games and disable the lockout chip which is easy considering I did it with 0 hassle. Hi fi audio? Just use a TV with audio outputs and connect some speakers to it and there you go, best sound quality an 8 bit system can have. The only other argument for buying it would be for aesthetic purposes which is really poor reasoning. This thing is a glorified Nintoaster.
Banards
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 08:03:54 PM »

The designer in me thinks its gorgeous, but I really like the styling of the original just as much, especially the door on the front.
I collect for the nostalgia, this just wouldn't scratch that itch.
I'm guessing this is made for hipsters who have the money to burn.

I wonder where they got the chips, think they salvaged them from old units? I wonder if that'll inflate the Nintendo bubble a little more, or are there so many NES/Famicom systems out there that it wouldn't matter if a few hundred of them were taken out of circulation?

No matter where you go, there you are.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length