RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 31, 2024, 01:21:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | That nasty-ass NWC cart on eBay 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: That nasty-ass NWC cart on eBay  (Read 1760 times)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« on: February 01, 2014, 05:44:04 PM »

This is a collecting site people, how have we not discussed this?*

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-...221364371100?roken=TitjJm

This is a relisting, I saw it last week at like $95k or something. Here's NA's coverage:
http://nintendoage.com/in...amp;Blog_Id=1&Id=1293

To those of you who would like to have a NWC cart in your collection, would you be proud showing off something as haggard as this?

*My apologies if it has been discussed in another thread.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 05:51:59 PM »

Considering a nice grey NWC has just recently sold for $17.5k, and another is for sale now for $16k, this one would be worth well below that. This whole debacle with this cart is just making a bit of a joke out of the whole thing with the silly offers, and new ridiculous starting price.

Honestly, all this has done is produce bad articles by uninformed news outlets.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 07:29:58 PM »

Even at 5K I would want that in my collection. I am not huge on condition but damn!

If I found a NWC cart in the wild that thing would be on ebay before I got home.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 11:05:10 PM »

Considering a nice grey NWC has just recently sold for $17.5k, and another is for sale now for $16k, this one would be worth well below that. This whole debacle with this cart is just making a bit of a joke out of the whole thing with the silly offers, and new ridiculous starting price.

Honestly, all this has done is produce bad articles by uninformed news outlets.

Yes. I can't believe people actually believed those were legit bids. It would take 10 seconds to google previous sales to get a good average price of what it should have gone for. But, this specific copy got a lot of mainstream media coverage, then a bunch of people started throwing troll bids at it. The auction ended and instantly articles were coming out "Rare Nintendo Game sells for 100K!" all while failing to realize that an item is not 'bought' until its been paid for. Only a couple of authors actually made new articles (like the pricecharting blog) after the fact when the 'buyer' backed out. Most of them were unedited and did not bring this new, very important detail to light. The whole point of an auction is to put out bids, if the bidder doesn't pay then it gets redone.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 10:31:52 AM »

I can't believe Nintendoage fell for it either.   It made their front page.  They of all people should have known it wasn't legit.

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 02:27:13 PM »

Yeah, even taking it's rarity into account I don't see that happening when good condition carts have gone for far less. I imagine I'd be proud of that rare a game to, even in shitty condition but I don't see getting that much money out of it.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 02:28:16 PM »

Even at 5K I would want that in my collection. I am not huge on condition but damn!

If I found a NWC cart in the wild that thing would be on ebay before I got home.

I wouldn't unless I was desperate, I'd want to sit on a find like that for the bragging rights XD

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 03:48:02 PM »

I love that someone wrote MARIO across the front.

Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 06:21:28 PM »

How about the no label gold cart that sold for $100K?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/N...Adult-Owned-/281253143194

There has been some discussion about whether listings like these are a means of money laundering or are legit.  I'd like to swing over to Laramie to ask the seller.  Unfortunately for us, this draws attention to the hobby, making it much more difficult to find great buys in the wild.  Seems every sought after game on eBay anymore is sold at an escalated Buy-It-Now price, and they're just going to keep going up.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 04:33:59 PM »

It might have been "sold", but probably not paid for.   I'm fairly sure those were troll bids

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length