RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 03, 2024, 03:17:23 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | What systems do you have 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Print
Author Topic: What systems do you have  (Read 30153 times)
totalgridlock
Memorex VIS
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2008, 07:26:20 AM »

Nowhere near as many as other people here, but:

Nintendo NES
Nintendo SNES
Nintendo 64 (dark gray)
Nintendo GameCube (purple)
Nintendo GameBoy Advance SP (classic NES version)
Nintendo DS Lite (black)
Sony PlayStation 2 Slim (black)
Sony PSP Slim (black) (on timeshare with my brother)
Microsoft Xbox 360 (premium version)

Not counting the several PCs I have lying around set up for different eras - one current XP Crysis-ready machine, one Win98 machine and one DOS machine for when I'm feeling particularly retro.

There used to be more, including PS1 (replaced with PS2), GB, GB Pocket and GB Color (replaced with GBA SP), Mega Drive (sold... big mistake) and Commodore Plus/4 (died and sadly missed).  Definately going to pick up another MD and Plus/4 at some point.

Looking for a good condition Commodore Plus/4.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2008, 11:56:29 AM »

Mega Drive (sold... big mistake)
Never sell systems (even when another system can replace it, like: GBC & GBA) because sometime in the future you'll always regret doing so Wink
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2008, 12:17:52 PM »

Never sell systems (even when another system can replace it, like: GBC & GBA) because sometime in the future you'll always regret doing so Wink

Amen to that!  laugh

Or, never destroy systems. You'll regret that too. (I miss my original GBA, GBC Pokemon Special Edition, and Genesis 3)  Cry

Personally, I have never sold a system, but I have 'killed' some.  evilhappy

Tell me about your variants...
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2008, 12:32:40 PM »

Or, never destroy systems. You'll regret that too. (I miss my original GBA, GBC Pokemon Special Edition, and Genesis 3)  Cry
You destroyed all of those? And if yes, how?
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2008, 12:35:51 PM »

You destroyed all of those? And if yes, how?

Game Boy Advance: Got pissed cause I kept dying on Sonic Advance, and I hurled it to the floor.
Game Boy Color: Platinum Pokemon Special Edition: Can a GBC survive a 27 ft drop? NO, IT CAN'T!!
Genesis 3: Still works, but is missing the case and has a/v out mod. I was going to try making a ben heck protable out of it.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2008, 12:44:21 PM »

Can a GBC survive a 27 ft drop? NO, IT CAN'T!!
These newer systems are truly good for nothing. How can these manufacturers expect us to have fate in them if they keep producing these feeble machines?!?

You and I both know the original Game Boy could survive a 27 ft drop without even breaking a sweat.
I'm sure that if there'd be some serious research done, you'd find that with every generation, these things get weaker and weaker.

In the not so distant future we'll have to be careful not to let our handhelds fall on a pillow 1 ft below Roll Eyes
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2008, 12:46:48 PM »

Can a GBC survive a 27 ft drop? NO, IT CAN'T!!
These newer systems are truly good for nothing. How can these manufacturers expect us to have fate in them if they keep producing these feeble machines?!?

You and I both know the original Game Boy could survive a 27 ft drop without even breaking a sweat.
I'm sure that if there'd be some serious research done, you'd find that with every generation, these things get weaker and weaker.

In the not so distant future we'll have to be careful not to let our handhelds fall on a pillow 1 ft below Roll Eyes

Now, the GBC was a piece of ddodle. But!... My friend and I had a different GBC and we submerged it in water, torched it, burnt it, kickied, dropped bricks on it, and even took axes to it. And it still worked. Guess what killed it... blowing it up with octane booster!

stang_crazy
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2008, 11:15:15 PM »

i currently have

PS1
PS2
PS3
PSP
genesis (1st model)
genesis (2nd model)
GBA
ds lite
N64
gamecube

wanting to get rid of the ps1, and the 2 genesis though
modest9797
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2008, 12:19:09 AM »

It could survive a blast from a shotgun.
Tan
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2008, 12:39:29 AM »

It could survive a blast from a shotgun.

That's a relative statement though. Sure it could stand a .410 loaded with #8 birdshot at say 30 feet, it may even still work. A 12 gauge with buckshot at 10 feet would obliterate it and you'd never find all of the pieces. Wink
Tan
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2008, 12:47:40 AM »

Amen to that!  laugh

Personally, I have never sold a system, but I have 'killed' some.  evilhappy

You mean like this Pentium II that had the tenacity to die before it's time?  Smiley

If a metal cased (which 10 years ago were built like tanks) PC couldn't survive a 12 guage with double buck or 20 gauge using 3" magnums, what chance does a plastic Game Boy have?

* pentium-tan2.jpg (51.07 KB, 599x557 - viewed 335 times.)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 12:58:48 AM by Tan » Logged
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium

WWW Stats
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2008, 01:00:42 PM »

@Tan: Haha, that was actually you who shot that PC? Shocked

Trying to vent the frustration, I'm sure Tongue PC's give too much trouble, consoles are the way to go Smiley
Tan
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2008, 05:03:24 PM »

@Tan: Haha, that was actually you who shot that PC? Shocked

Trying to vent the frustration, I'm sure Tongue PC's give too much trouble, consoles are the way to go Smiley

Three of us actually. It wasn't my PC, but I knew what was coming when on a day of clay shooting he threw the tower into the back of the truck to bring with us.  Wink
Kollision
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2008, 11:24:16 PM »

Atari 2600
Sega Master System 1, Tec Toy
Sega Mega Drive 1, Japanese
Sega Genesis 1, US
Sega CD 2, US
Sega 32X, US
Sega Saturn, Tectoy
Sega Dreamcast, US