RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 16, 2024, 06:24:38 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | February Modern Community Playthrough - Kingdom Hearts 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: February Modern Community Playthrough - Kingdom Hearts  (Read 17965 times)
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2014, 08:19:54 AM »

Played around with the Gummi Ship, and yeah, the interface is not easy to learn (or re-learn!!), but can be a lot of fun when you start getting more interesting Gummis. Also, why can't I save multiple plans so I don't have to sacrifice a custom design each time I try to make a new one?

The game is open-ended obviously. The checkpoints I've posted are just the way I did it. Feel free to blaze your own trails.

Good- I was running out of ways to stall the inevitable. Collosseum here I come!
[img width=256 height=192]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r534/Blood-Spattered_Angel/scarabsmall.jpg?t=1391433329[/img]
Scarab
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2014, 09:19:51 AM »

So far I've played up to the part where I'm supposed to leave Traverse Town.  Yeah, the game is pretty much an exercise in frustration up until Sora meets Donald and Goofy.  I finally get to a point where the game starts being fun, and I need to hang it up for the night because it's getting late.  Figures....

I think I made it all the way to the Jungle area when I played this game years ago, and I still ended up quitting, so I guess I still have some frustrations to overcome.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2014, 12:23:57 AM »

Beat first boss @ Collosseum
Sealed Wonderland
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2014, 07:21:30 AM »

I'm going to tackle another two worlds later today or tomorrow. I'm so happy to be getting to the meat of the game now. The intro bit on Destiny Islands was tiring. I actually dreamed about finding those darn mushrooms last night. Ugh...

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2014, 07:49:32 AM »

I had a little time over the weekend to play.
Spoiler (hover to show)

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2014, 02:06:21 PM »

I attempted Wonderland today and what do you know... Another fetch quest and camera problems. I played about half an hour then gave up. I managed to find the clues for Alice's trial, but it wasn't fun.

I'm really trying to like this game, but it just isn't working for me.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2014, 02:45:52 PM »

I attempted Wonderland today and what do you know... Another fetch quest and camera problems. I played about half an hour then gave up. I managed to find the clues for Alice's trial, but it wasn't fun.

I'm really trying to like this game, but it just isn't working for me.

Stick with it man. It really picks up after Wonderland. This game literally gets better and also easier the more you play it. You'll hit a turning point, just like I did. You will gain abilities as you go that add an immense amount of ease to gameplay. Even the gummi ship rides become skip-able eventually.

Just like you had to coax me through The Wind Waker, I can do the same for you with this game. Wink

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2014, 03:55:31 PM »

I'll play to the end. There's no question about that.

The only complaint is that so much feels like a chore so far.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2014, 07:50:22 PM »

i might pick up a copy of this on friday, don't count me in yet but foreshadowing i might play Wink
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2014, 11:35:45 PM »

It seems I've crash landed in the Deep Jungle. I didn't mean to. I wanted to go to the next area which I'm guessing is the Colosseum, but the game wouldn't let me go there. Do you have to go back to Traverse Turn then to the next location? I don't understand. Can someone explain this?

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2014, 02:27:04 AM »

Deep Jungle is the next story event, and yes, I made the same mistake of crash landing there.  You can, however, leave as soon as your party reunites in the tent and you won't crash land again.

The Collosseum is to the left of Traverse Town on the worlds map and so from Wonderland:

Wonderland > Traverse Town > Collosseum OR
Wonderland > Deep Jungle > Collosseum (harder path)

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2014, 07:21:47 AM »

But do I have to go back to Traverse Town in order to go The Colosseum?

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2014, 07:58:38 AM »

You shouldn't have to Fleach. I did the Colosseum first, didn't even know about Deep Jungle yet. I would recommend doing the Colosseum first as the "arena mode" you play through there is a good way to know if you're powerful enough to proceed through the game and a perfect place to grind if you aren't. No penalty for dying, the only drawback is you don't get munny from downed enemies there. The trade-off is you get more xp from the heavies than you would if you just grinded in Traverse Town. I actually did both. Boy I am rambling about grinding here, but it was a major thing for me as I was woefully underpowered when I got to the Colosseum. I had to grind from level 13 to 18 (which was maybe a little too much but the game's been a breeze since then).

Also from what I've read the Colosseum boss is the hardest in the game, and having done three or four bosses after him, I agree so far.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2014, 08:30:40 AM »

I'll reunite with Donald and Goofy and try to go to the Colosseum, but last night the game literally didn't let me go there.

My path was this: Traverse Town > Wonderland > Colosseum

Should my path have been: Traverse Town > Wonderland > Traverse Town > Colosseum?

Maybe because I don't have the manual for this game I'm having such a hard time with an otherwise overly easy game. I'm relying on a walkthrough because I can't figure this game out. The forest scene in Wonderland confused the heck out of me. One puzzle was to hit the tree and stand under the shrinky fruit to take it. I would never have guessed I had to do that. On Destiny Island when I had to collect coconuts I said to myself, "well coconuts grow on trees so I better climb up and find them." Nope. You have to hit the trees to knock them down. Perhaps that would naturally come to some, but not me.

I guess I just can't think the way the game wants me to and I'm definitely not the target demographic for this.

That being said, I'm not disliking the game. I'm neutral about it. I'll finish the game, but I'll be a challenge.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2014, 09:15:15 AM »

I just finished Wonderland and have made it to the Colosseum.  This is the second or third time I've attempted to play through this game, and I've always had the same frustrations that Fleach is having.  For me personally, there isn't one single game breaking flaw, it's just a lot of minor things that take away from the overall experience.

Does anybody know if there is some way to turn off the auto-lockon thing?  It always wants to lockon to whatever the camera is facing, so I always end up swinging at inanimate objects or enemies that are on the other side of the room instead of the enemy behind me that I'm actually trying to hit.

And yeah, I remember having a lot of trouble with the Colosseum boss years ago.  Hopefully I'll have better luck this time!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length