RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 09:20:07 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | February Retro Community Playthrough - Parasite Eve 0 Members and 15 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print
Author Topic: February Retro Community Playthrough - Parasite Eve  (Read 32731 times)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2014, 04:39:52 PM »

Been pacing myself out quite a bit for this game. Just got to day 5 this morning.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2014, 04:53:53 PM »

Been pacing myself out quite a bit for this game. Just got to day 5 this morning.

You're on a good pace then. As I said before, this week's playthrough is a little shorter and includes the optional Warehouse.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2014, 09:55:28 PM »

Just finished the game. I know, naughty boy. That's one of the perks of being a playthrough committee guy.

I'm not going to say anything about what's beyond the checkpoint for now.

I will leave this tip behind:

Spoiler (hover to show)

I'll write more about this later in the month, but I just want to say I absolutely adored every minute of this game, and I'm so glad the community chose it and that I was able to visit the retro side of the fence to check out this masterpiece. Talk to ya'll later, enjoy the rest of the game!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 09:58:35 PM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2014, 08:13:00 AM »

Got it saved at the start of Day 3 now. The park was really creepy, really reminded me of Silent Hill with all the grey. I'm at level 14 right now Fleach so I'll see how this day goes since I'm at about the same level as yourself.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2014, 08:30:46 AM »

Glad you enjoyed the game GrayGhost. I think it's a pretty tough title to put down. I agree with your "spoiler" message and this will be something good to talk about later.

Nice work Crabby! Hope you are still enjoying it.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2014, 12:54:24 PM »

I've been wondering, is anybody else using all of their BP on Active Time?
Yes, I am. I just started Day 4 and I don't have any problem with my inventory. I chuck all my Medicines and Cure P's, etc. and all my Junk goes to storage.

I haven't upgraded or modded too much of my stuff as I haven't had any trouble fighting since I died in Day 1. I'm assuming the Junk Gun is either hard to find or you need a lot of Junk and Tools and Mod Permits to get it, so I'm saving all that stuff just in case.

I've only found 1 Normal Trading Card and 0 Rare Trading Cards. Maybe it's coming up, maybe I missed some, just putting it out there.

I have a two questions that I'll hide here
Spoiler (hover to show)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2014, 12:59:21 PM »

I have a two questions that I'll hide here
Spoiler (hover to show)

Well I know the first one:
Spoiler (hover to show)

As for the second question, I would also like to know the answer to that one.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2014, 01:00:04 PM »

In answer to your questions Mr. Greenwood...

Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 01:06:40 PM by singlebanana » Logged

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2014, 01:06:18 PM »

In response to question number two...

Spoiler (hover to show)

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2014, 01:07:26 PM »

Good to know Disposed. I'm sure you're probably right, though that is rather unfortunate....... Sad sad panda

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2014, 01:14:02 PM »

Yay for gameplay discussion and using the spoiler tags. Wink

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2014, 03:14:32 PM »

Damn Warehouse Boss! Going to come back to him after grinding out a bit at the museum.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2014, 03:32:27 PM »

Damn Warehouse Boss! Going to come back to him after grinding out a bit at the museum.

Spoiler tag on page 7 with a strategy if you need it Mike. Good luck!

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2014, 09:29:01 PM »

i think the charms are just there to hint at a love interest that Maeda has for Aya.
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #119 on: February 19, 2014, 05:37:08 AM »

finally caught up to the end of the week 2 checkpoint, now onto week 3! should have that done tomorrow.

it just keeps getting better, i'm really happy i'm playing through this one finally. getting way more use out of the PE powers now (before i mostly just used the weapons). that hospital boss on the roof was really annoying though, i died once on it because i was unprepared, and the second time because i didn't know what to do during the cutscene that followed. what a stupid death that was, i looked up a walkthrough after the next attempt because i didn't want to go through it all over again over something that should have been so simple, they really don't give you a lot of time to explore at that point.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length