RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 11:14:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | February Retro Community Playthrough - Parasite Eve 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: February Retro Community Playthrough - Parasite Eve  (Read 32753 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2014, 05:22:31 PM »

I think that the sewer is a little aggravating because it is the least linear part of the game. You're given a lot of freedom in this area and as a result, there is a bit of backtracking and repetitive encounters. The bats can be annoying, but there is usually enough room to move to avoid their beam. You can gain a really great ability off a weapon down there that can obliterate those bats. The boss battle down there is also a little lackluster compared to the others, but still a great game.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2014, 06:53:21 AM »

Hooray!

Whatever was affecting my PS1 seems to have resolved itself- no loading problems or jittery fmv playback.

Have just finished Day 3.  

UPDATE: So, up to Day 5 in the Sewer control room.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:30:15 AM by Raidou » Logged
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2014, 10:42:10 AM »

Made it to the current checkpoint. Got my ass handed to me by the boss of the warehouse, but I got through thanks to having two revives in stock. I hated to use them, but I had two more at the station.

Thank you Banana for the pro-tip of using the Burst attribute. It really does spread out the damage dealt.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2014, 11:12:34 AM »

Got up to day 3 yesterday. I thought I'd be a little further but it took me FOREVER to find the Zoo Key. Just one of those things I missed and I started to check the other areas and I was searching every bench and garbage can in Central Park.

I like how the fighting picked up in day 2. I still haven't upgraded my equipment much. I threw out my first gear set and I've only found 2 tools. I'm sure that will pick up soon too.

I'll put a big dent in it today.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2014, 01:36:48 PM »

Woke up at 3:30 and couldnt sleep this morning so I popped in Parasite Eve and made it to Day 2. Saved when you first enter the Museum right now.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2014, 03:23:48 PM »

Good to see everyone progressing. Stay with it and if you get stuck, don't be afraid to ask for tips. I actually finished it a few days ago, since I have to set up the checkpoints. It's good to the end and worth the time.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2014, 12:39:40 AM »

I got my first Game Over at the end of day 4 right after the boss fight. Kept running around like a ninny looking for the right place to go.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2014, 06:44:31 AM »

I got my first Game Over at the end of day 4 right after the boss fight. Kept running around like a ninny looking for the right place to go.

You haven't really been following this thread, have you? Wink

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2014, 08:21:25 AM »

What levels are you guys by the time to finish the game?

I'm level 13 or 14 at the end of Day 3. I feel I need to be stronger for what lies ahead.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2014, 08:25:24 AM »

I've read anything over 30 is good for the end of the game, which I got to naturally without grinding. I've also read that after 35 (I think) the amount of XP required to level up jumps dramatically, so even though the level cap is actually 99 most people get stuck in the mid 30s.

I've been wondering, is anybody else using all of their BP on Active Time? I have and I don't regret it for a second. I haven't really missed the extra inventory slots and I'm typically ready to shoot again as soon as I pump off the first turn of shots.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2014, 08:54:04 AM »

I've read anything over 30 is good for the end of the game, which I got to naturally without grinding. I've also read that after 35 (I think) the amount of XP required to level up jumps dramatically, so even though the level cap is actually 99 most people get stuck in the mid 30s.

I've been wondering, is anybody else using all of their BP on Active Time? I have and I don't regret it for a second. I haven't really missed the extra inventory slots and I'm typically ready to shoot again as soon as I pump off the first turn of shots.

I finished the game at Level 34 without any grinding. I actually never used my BP on active time and put all of it toward the attack of my end game weapon. ATK power ended up around 109.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2014, 08:55:47 AM »

I made it up to this week's checkpoint over the weekend.  I had a rough time with that Warehouse boss.  I wasn't aware that my armor had an effect that automatically uses healing items when my health gets low, so I blew through all of my healing items except for a couple of revives.

I've been splitting my BP between Active Time and Inventory slots.  I actually just added an effect to my current weapon (First strike?  something like that) that lets me start every battle with a full Active Time bar.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2014, 09:07:59 AM »

The first strike add-on is great and one of the 3 I used on my endgame weapon, this can be taken off the weapon found on the first screen before going into the Warehouse. I also used "burst" which has been talked about in previous posts (and was part of the last spoiler I posted, if you need to locate it) and is highly effective (especially on the Warehouse boss). The third add-on is from a weapon off a certain boss in the Museum (next section of playthrough). I won't give anything away here.

Here are some hints for the Warehouse boss if anyone needs them:

Spoiler (hover to show)

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2014, 09:58:18 AM »

Yeah, I took your advice and added the Burst effect to my weapon also.

Do you remember what weapon and armor you ended up using as your endgame gear?  I looked at some weapon stats, and looks like the SG550 and G3A3 are the best rifles without having access to the Chrysler Building.  There are more powerful handguns, but I didn't want to sacrifice the range that a rifle offers.  I've been sticking with the SG550 and applying all my upgrades to that.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2014, 10:04:51 AM »

I used the G3A3 for endgame. I agree, range is super important in this game and so I also stuck with a rifle. I also prefer the single shot as it doesn't slow me up from moving quickly after the shot is fired. Saved all of my upgrades until Day 5 and then applied them. I believe I used the N Suit (can be found early in Museum, next section of playthrough) for endgame armor.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length