RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 09:23:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | February Retro Community Playthrough - Parasite Eve 0 Members and 18 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: February Retro Community Playthrough - Parasite Eve  (Read 32739 times)
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2014, 03:46:53 AM »

Range also effects damage- shooting from point blank seems to do more damage than from further away.

@Disposed Hero: Yeah, it took me 3 attempts to avoid that trap (last time I played)!

the manual explains that and also adds that shooting up close increases the chances for a critical hit
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2014, 10:46:58 AM »

Whew! After reading this, it seems I just got lucky.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2014, 06:39:17 PM »

Hey Retro buddies! I finished KH on the modern side and am going to start PE tomorrow night. Is anyone playing on PS3? I'd like to but I want to make sure there are not any bugs/glitches, as there sometimes are with PS1 discs in a PS3. A quick google search didn't turn up anything, so I think I'm safe.

I can't wait. I've always wanted to play this game!

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2014, 07:11:33 PM »

Are you using the original game on the backwards compatible PS3, or the downloaded version? Either way, I doubt you'll encounter detrimental bugs or glitches.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2014, 07:25:20 PM »

I'll be using the actual PS1 disc in a PS3.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2014, 08:05:16 PM »

I'm playing my disc on my PS3. No problems so far. Virtual Memory cards ftw!

Fleach. All PS3s are backwards compatible with PS1 discs. They only removed PS2 emulation.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2014, 10:46:52 PM »

Awesome! Glad to have you Ghost.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2014, 10:49:27 PM »

Fleach. All PS3s are backwards compatible with PS1 discs. They only removed PS2 emulation.

Really? I thought the original PS3 was the only one that played Playstation games.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2014, 10:56:21 PM »

Really? I thought the original PS3 was the only one that played Playstation games.

Yes. I only have an 80GB Slim model and its played every PS1 disc I've tried. PS1 emulation is software based, and the PSOne Classics would not work without it (outside of a full port). The PS2 emulation they got rid of is hardware based. It was basically a PS2 on a chip inside of the launch models.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2014, 12:51:00 PM »

been watching my friend (Stigzilla) play it this weekend and there's been no problems that i've noticed. the only thing is if you're playing on an LCD with the PS3 it adds black bars to the left and right to keep the aspect ratio of the original. which is good but at the same time a little annoying, if you were to play it on the PS2 it stretches to fill the screen which i kind of prefer.
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2014, 01:25:11 PM »

been watching my friend (Stigzilla) play it this weekend and there's been no problems that i've noticed. the only thing is if you're playing on an LCD with the PS3 it adds black bars to the left and right to keep the aspect ratio of the original. which is good but at the same time a little annoying, if you were to play it on the PS2 it stretches to fill the screen which i kind of prefer.

If you hit the PS button on the controller you can change it to stretch to fill the screen, as well as check out some other cool options. I also enjoy that stretched out mega-pixely look Wink

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2014, 10:18:43 AM »

Got up to Day 2 last night. Not a lot to complain about.

I love the battle system, I usually don't care about stories, but it grasped me in the first minute and I'll actually pay attention to it, and I really like the setting and atmosphere.

I also like the difficulty. I've died 3 times and it doesn't hold your hand with a checkpoint every other screen and items don't have a neon sign indicating that you can pick it up. (But I guess the coddling of gamers really started after the PS1.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:38:09 AM by JerryGreenwood » Logged
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2014, 12:06:20 PM »

I've heard from a few people, but how is everyone else coming along in the playthrough this week?

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2014, 08:52:43 PM »

I started the game tonight and got through the first day and started the second. Even though I'm not that far in, I love the combat system. I can't wait to play further tomorrow and I'm going to have to really be careful not to blow through this title, I'm eating it up already!

I never played RPGs until about two years ago, and this game always intimidated me, even in my PS1 glory days. I didn't play RPGs, and a Horror/RPG hybrid was so intimidating to me! Even so, it had a mystique that made me always want to play it.

So just think, in 2014 that we can take a game from 1998 that sets out to blend Survival Horror and RPG elements on the PS1. The chances of it being near-unplayable were high in my mind. But I'm finding out just like you guys that this game hold up amazingly well.

If only it weren't so unintentionally funny it would almost live up to that mystique that scared me away from it in high school. Oh my, those pre-rendered cut scenes!

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2014, 09:23:52 PM »

If only it weren't so unintentionally funny it would almost live up to that mystique that scared me away from it in high school. Oh my, those pre-rendered cut scenes!

I like the cutscenes actually but what makes me laugh is the way everyone walks
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length