RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 11:17:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | February Retro Community Playthrough - Parasite Eve 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: February Retro Community Playthrough - Parasite Eve  (Read 32770 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2014, 10:33:40 AM »

I'll add achievements, beat EX Game and obtain "junk" gun. Of course I think it would be cool for people to get the real ending, but I also want to be able to discuss the game as we play through it together and prefer that people don't play ahead. Maybe some of you can go back after the month is over.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2014, 10:49:51 AM »

No problem, I'll wait until March to do the second playthrough.  It's probably better that way since I'm also playing Kingdom Hearts this month.

There's an optional Warehouse area that is accessible at the start of Day 5.  Not sure if it's really achievement material, but I figured some here would like to know about it.  It's missable, and I believe there's some good loot inside.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2014, 10:52:49 AM »

I'll read up on it. Thanks.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2014, 10:58:27 AM »

Optional boss in Warehouse on Day 5. Added to achievements.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2014, 11:40:24 AM »

Checkpoint #2 is up. Smiley Let's talk about the game so far. Thoughts?

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2014, 12:03:56 PM »

Hard to really discuss the plot having only played up to Day 2 (I'll play some more tonight or tomorrow), but I like the twist on biological science the game takes on. I'm reminded of movies like The Andromeda Strain which I really enjoyed.

I like the action and combat which are more hands-on than Final Fantasy, but use a similar waiting/turn based approach.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2014, 12:15:09 PM »

Yeah, the combat style is interesting for sure. I do like it, and appreciate the various screens for combat. Some are tougher than others and I do get a little agitated at times when the enemies are large and the space is tight. There seems to be a different strategy for the different enemies, so that's a really nice touch.

I LOVE the cut-scenes on this game. They are really detailed for such an early system and make New York come to life. It's too bad I didn't know this game was set around Christmas or we would have played it around then. Probably best that we are playing it now though, since something so involved is really tough around the holidays.

I'm still a little stumped about the weapon upgrades at this point and actually haven't done any. There is kind of a quick description, but it's not very detailed.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2014, 06:21:01 PM »

Just got my Parasite Eve copy, gunna start it tonight. I've heard great things and looking forward to the fun!
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2014, 06:28:15 PM »

ARGH I've wanted to play this but with my internship I don't think I'll have the time Tongue
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2014, 06:44:03 PM »

I think we are actually ahead of schedule on the game, and it doesn't appear to be that long. It would be pretty easy to catch up at this point. Lots of dialogue and mediocre action so far.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2014, 05:47:39 AM »

I think we are actually ahead of schedule on the game, and it doesn't appear to be that long. It would be pretty easy to catch up at this point. Lots of dialogue and mediocre action so far.

Mediocre? I really like the action in this game.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2014, 08:18:51 AM »

What I mean is that there seems to be an ample amount of cutscenes and dialogue in ratio to the action. Just wish there was a bit more action. The gameplay is great, that just kind of came out wrong.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2014, 01:22:58 PM »

So I went ahead and started on the next chunk of the game and have already hit checkpoint 2.  Took about another 2.5 hours, bringing my total game time so far to right around 5 hours.

I found out that any upgrades you give to weapons or armor can be carried over to new ones by using a tool and adding the stats in the 'Plus' column to the new weapon.  Since any weapon upgrades get added to the 'Plus' stats, you can essentially carry these upgrades over from weapon to weapon.  Pretty nice, and eliminates feeling like you need to stock up on upgrades to add to your endgame weapons.

Also wanted to add a tip that should help some from having to replay a certain boss fight.  Not really a spoiler, but I'll put it in spoiler tags anyway:
Spoiler (hover to show)

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2014, 04:53:33 PM »

I too have already made to to Day 5 after playing last night and a little today. I have to say that I am really enjoying the game and the boss fights have gotten a bit more complex and fun. I've longed a little less than 4'45" so far and still haven't done any weapon upgrades. Ha!

One thing I really like about this game are the weapons. I'm a little partial to range over power and number of bullets, since it gives me a better chance to be mobile and fire further from enemies. Rifles fire a little slower, but knowing the enemies and firing at the right time is key.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2014, 02:03:00 AM »

Range also effects damage- shooting from point blank seems to do more damage than from further away.

@Disposed Hero: Yeah, it took me 3 attempts to avoid that trap (last time I played)!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length