RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 11:23:23 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | February Retro Community Playthrough - Parasite Eve 0 Members and 35 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: February Retro Community Playthrough - Parasite Eve  (Read 32801 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2014, 03:52:21 PM »

So I purchased a memory card yesterday, played through to the second day while saving along the way. Read my kids some bedtime stories, can back and turned my game on, and the saves were faulty......... I ended up taking my PSOne with LCD screen and played downstairs last night until I got back to the Central Park entrance. This is literally the 3rd time I've played Day 1. I'm not sure what the issue is with saving on my PS2 with a PS1 memory card, but it really doesn't want to cooperate. I'm going to hook up the PSOne to my TV tonight or tomorrow and push through.

Expect the Week 2 goal on Friday. Since the month ends on a Friday, the 28th, I'll set it up so that we finish in 4 weeks. Excited to hear what people think about the game after the first week.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 06:47:21 PM »

MITOCHONDRIA DON'T WORK THIS WAY!

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 08:06:04 PM »

I sure this game screwed up a lot of Biology grades.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 09:27:46 PM »

I beat Day 2. The gameplay is pretty fun so far and the strategy is pretty simple. Just run away from enemies, let them attack, dodge it, them shoot them in the face. Upgrading weapons and armor seems like a cool system of customization, but I've only found Defense+ items for my armor. The last boss dropped a bunch of them so I'm saving them for the Day 3 armor. Been using the ever trusty M16A1.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 09:54:57 PM »

Any readers out there? Parasite Eve was originally released as a novel and adapted into two manga books as well as a film. The game is sequel to the events of the book.

Parasite Eve

Movie

Wow, I never knew about that.  I'm not much of a reader, but I'll probably try to at least find a summary of the novel.  Might have to check out the movie too if it has English subtitles.

Yes. The movie is subtitled.

And Rich is right about the bad biology stuff in this game. Maybe med school drop outs were on the consulting team?

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2014, 11:57:50 PM »

Finished Day 2 tonight in 2 hours 1 minute. Guess all those redos made me quicker. So far I've found a ton of mods and tools, but I have yet to use any, just storing them since my M16 seems to be effective. Anyone know if there is a strategy to save them and do a big modification at the end? Just curious for those who have played before.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2014, 02:38:38 AM »

Finished Day 2 tonight in 2 hours 1 minute. Guess all those redos made me quicker. So far I've found a ton of mods and tools, but I have yet to use any, just storing them since my M16 seems to be effective. Anyone know if there is a strategy to save them and do a big modification at the end? Just curious for those who have played before.

i'm playing the opposite way, using things pretty much right away. we'll have to see how it pans out with the different style of play.
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2014, 08:45:12 AM »

i'm playing the opposite way, using things pretty much right away. we'll have to see how it pans out with the different style of play.

Same here.  I just don't have enough inventory space to hold on to everything.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2014, 08:58:02 AM »

It's all about ditching the unimportant things. Like meds. Smiley

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2014, 09:02:16 AM »

I'm playing the middle ground here. I keep a weapon I like, and tweak certain things eventually.

Might put more time into the game over the weekend. I'm not too far from the first checkpoint so I doubt I'll lag behind everyone.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2014, 09:03:54 AM »

Yeah, I've had to resort to that.  They're not really necessary when you have healing powers.  I've been trying to keep the 'junk' items since I read you can unlock some special items if you collect enough of them.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2014, 09:35:56 AM »

Yeah, I've had to resort to that.  They're not really necessary when you have healing powers.  I've been trying to keep the 'junk' items since I read you can unlock some special items if you collect enough of them.

Wow, really? I'll have to look into that.

I do know that you have to play through the game a second time to get to the "final battle." I thought that might be too much of a push for the playthrough, especially since a lot of people really wanted to play both games this month.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2014, 09:43:15 AM »

Yeah, I've had to resort to that.  They're not really necessary when you have healing powers.  I've been trying to keep the 'junk' items since I read you can unlock some special items if you collect enough of them.

I do know that you have to play through the game a second time to get to the "final battle."

Really?  I had no idea.  I might actually do that once I finish this playthrough.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2014, 09:54:38 AM »

Yeah, Rich is right. Once you beat the game you unlock a new mode called EX Game.

http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/psx/pe/exgame.shtml

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2014, 10:10:58 AM »

Ah, I knew the EX mode was essentially the New Game+, but didn't know about the extra 'dungeon' area and the proper final boss fight.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length