RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 09:25:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | How often do you purchase new games? 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How often do you purchase new games?  (Read 1519 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: March 19, 2005, 04:15:01 AM »

So are you the type of person that always has to be ahead of everyone, get the game and beat it ASAP and tell everyone about it?

Or will you get a game around the release but not day of, who wants to put up with fighting the crowds and searching for a copy of the game anyways?

Do you only buy a very few games when they are still hot off the presses. Only that special few get your $50.

Are you the miser who gets all his/her gaming pleasure and keeps a much fuller wallet buy waiting it out until the game is used and 1/5 the price of its way to high release price?

tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 08:19:16 AM »

it depends....if its something awesome that i really want (halo 2, etc) then i will get it on launch day....if its not that important ill wait until i can find a deal on it

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 08:29:08 AM »

Well, I get new games regularly, but only after they've dropped to 20 bucks. I can't remember the last new game I got at release price. It was probably Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic last year.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 08:53:03 AM »

So far my assumptions have been correct

The only games i have payed full release price for have been.
Bubble Bobble '99 (N64) $60
Animal Crossing (GCN) $50 (Was actually a birthday present)
Psi Ops: The Mind Gate Conspiracy (Xbox) $50
Mortal Kombat Deception Kollectors Edition (Xbox) $60 (may have been 55)
Halo 2 Limited Collectors Edition(Xbox) $60 (may have been 55)
Donkey Konga (GCN) $50
Everything else has pretty much been $20 and under with the exception of maybe another handful of games.
Virtua Fighter 4 (PS2) $28 being one of them.

I would probably get more games closer to their releases if I had the money.
If it is a game i really want i will greatly restrict all of my buying until i have enough to get it.
Which was the case with MK: Deception.

Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 11:22:05 PM »

I only buy games brand new when its something I'm really looking forward too otherwise I wait until the price goes down.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 08:21:23 AM »

I very rarely buy games for full price. Like every one else there are some big ones that I will buy.

I bought FFX for full price and still have not played it  :-/

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005, 09:18:55 AM »

I bought FFX for full price and still have not played it  :-/

I got Metroid Prime 2: Echoes for christmas and still have yet to play it, but that's probably because I still need to beat the first one.

When it comes to buying games right when they're released, that usually only happens at Christmas and my birthday.

- Zac
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 10:09:02 AM »

I rarely ever by games at full price. I've got plenty play that I can wait till the price drops. I did buy Donkey Konga for full price. Hell even Halo 2 I got on sale at Target.

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2005, 12:42:09 PM »

If it's a game I know I'll actually play I get it upon release. If I think it's gonna be a seller I pre-order. There really aren't too many new games I want though. I did buy all of my DS stuff (and still do) as it's released (if I want it).

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 04:22:48 PM »

Since 9/10/99, I have bought exactly one game on the day of release (or anywhere near it).  That game was San Andreas.  I almost never buy games right when they come out because I see it as a huge waste of money since I have so many other games I have played very little of, never played at all, or that I could still buy at a much cheaper price in the meantime.

two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2005, 03:45:30 AM »

i really do not buy games on release unless it's something I really want, The last game I bought on release was Yoshi's Touch & Go.

danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 02:59:31 PM »

I got Metroid Prime 2: Echoes for christmas and still have yet to play it, but that's probably because I still need to beat the first one.

When it comes to buying games right when they're released, that usually only happens at Christmas and my birthday.

Metroid Prime 2 completely destroys Metroid Prime 1.

I also got MP2 for Christmas and I beat it 100% in about a week (of close to non-stop play).

Truly a great game, I was not disappointed. (and this was when I stopped playing video games because they were wasting my time, thankfully I have relinquished that idea)

The last game I bought close to release was Zelda: The Minish Cap, although I bought MGS3 at Wal-Mart for $40 a few weeks ago.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 03:02:06 PM by danvx6 » Logged

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
terzi
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2005, 06:44:36 PM »

My answer would have to be inbetween ''Usualy get it the day of or shortly after'' and''I can count on my fingers how often i buy new''.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length