RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2024, 05:18:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Twilight Princess Wii Variations Issue 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Twilight Princess Wii Variations Issue  (Read 2368 times)
Dog
N-Gage

Stats
« on: December 29, 2013, 04:50:28 PM »

How do we know 00101 is the first print?

The reason I ask is because I have a variation currently not in the database. I have a non-selects Twilight Princess that is 00100.

Was it just assumed 00101 is first print, and 00102 is second print?

Because we have a "First Print" and "Second Print" variation in the database, I have no idea how to handle my variation.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 07:19:06 PM »

You can submit an edit for the one currently in the database, and if that gets approved you could then submit your variation.

Dog
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 12:01:44 AM »

What edits do I make though? As an example, it will not let me add my variation due to the selects version it seems. It says my variation is already in the database (Its not). I don't know what edits I need to get everything in order between the current three variations.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 12:03:31 AM by Dog » Logged
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 12:52:51 AM »

Can you post some scans, and include the back to see the UPC? That is what I would suggest so any of the DB guys that look at the thread can be helpful. Someone higher up the food chain than me would need to address it, but showing proof would be a good start.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 02:07:16 AM »

I think it was assumed those were first print and second print, and in fact the supplemental upc number there is where it was printed, I believe. If you can provide a back scan in the least, I should be able to sort out the differences. If not, just change the Variation title to something unique and I'll sort it out.

Dog
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 06:58:27 AM »

Here is a scan for you. I actually didn't think my scanner was going to be large enough. Now that I know it is, I might try to take scans of some games missing them when I get back from vacation. Let me know if its not high enough quality. I had to compress it because the original was over 150MB.

http://i.imgur.com/ABebabp.jpg
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 02:58:03 PM »

Here is a scan for you. I actually didn't think my scanner was going to be large enough. Now that I know it is, I might try to take scans of some games missing them when I get back from vacation. Let me know if its not high enough quality. I had to compress it because the original was over 150MB.

http://i.imgur.com/ABebabp.jpg

just need to comment on your scanner, how does it even make a 150MB picture? that must make it take ages to scan to get all that detail, you should lower the quality settings because you'll never need it that high.

pic came out good, i'm sure shadow will be able to figure it out. for future reference if you add pictures to the database you have to resize them to 550 pixels on the short side (keep the aspect ratio so it doesn't stretch). another reason to lower your scanner settings for rfgen because you have to shrink them down so far anyway Wink
Dog
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 03:16:45 PM »

I think I started at the second highest quality setting (1200 dpi) without realizing just how large it was going to be. I think I lowered it to 300dpi after I noticed the file was being rejected for being too large on imgur. I've never really had to use my scanner before. I also used .png originally because its a lossless compression instead of the lossy .jpeg. That probably also made a difference.

I'll resize it to 550 pixels on the short side for any future scans, thanks =)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:27:33 PM by Dog » Logged
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 03:26:23 PM »

no problem! and that's just for the database submissions, stuff on the forums is fine at anything especially if it's on imgur or somewhere else. if you uploaded it directly to rfgen in your post then it would auto-resize to like 800x600 or something though
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 06:58:55 PM »

Well, first thing I noted was a Player's Guide offer that's not on the others... Haven't seen much else different besides the UPC. Did it come with an insert for a guide offer?

Dog
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 07:49:01 PM »

I unfortunately flew out of town already. I'm actually typing this from the free airport wifi in Aspen while I wait for my connecting flight. I can see if my boyfriend happens to have this variation and see if he has an insert. I know if an insert was included I would have it back home - since I'm the original owner of my copy. I won't be back home though till roughly January 20th though.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 07:51:09 PM by Dog » Logged
Dog
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 10:40:36 PM »

I just checked this. There is a Players Guide insert. Should I take a picture of it?
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 11:31:18 AM »

Forgot to add it. I need to fix the Variation Titles/Release Types, but for now here ya go:
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-132-S-00013-B

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length