RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 07:14:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Legend of Zelda X Dynasty Warriors (Hyrule Warriors) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda X Dynasty Warriors (Hyrule Warriors)  (Read 2617 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« on: December 18, 2013, 01:37:19 PM »

Yup, that's what I am thinking right now...HUH!?!
Revealed today during the Nintendo Direct broadcast.

Will this crossover be good? Time will tell.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 08:37:43 PM »

It's not a cross over. It's a Spinoff made by Tecmo. It's also not Zelda Wii U. This is a placeholder and a different project. 

Also this looks badass and day 1
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 09:05:13 PM »

Instant purchase, even if I don't own the system. Also, this is more Ninety-Nine Nights and less Dynasty Warriors.

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 09:28:36 PM »

Sheesh... I just got started onA Link Between Worlds, and now this is on the horizon.

I'm never gonna leave the cellar at this rate.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 09:31:57 PM »

Instant purchase, even if I don't own the system. Also, this is more Ninety-Nine Nights and less Dynasty Warriors.
I've never really delved into either of those game series myself, looks like I finally will next year.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 11:11:50 PM »

I could write a doctoral thesis on Dynasty Warriors alone. Grin

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 11:24:31 PM »

I have Dynasty Warriors 5 on Xbox, perhaps I should fire it up and see what I think.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 11:50:56 PM »

Looks like fun.  I'm almost sold, Nintendo.  Make a few more games and I might actually buy a Wii U

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 10:14:37 AM »

I have Dynasty Warriors 5 on Xbox, perhaps I should fire it up and see what I think.

Dynasty Warriors 5 will feel quite a bit different than the newer titles (6+), but at least you'll get an idea for the type of gameplay.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 01:22:36 PM »

Maybe I'm wrong and I'm probably a hater...

Hasn't this exact game been released like a zillion times before? You just close your eyes and mash buttons and kill everything on the screen.

I don't see the appeal, but I'm probably a hater.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 01:43:14 PM »

...and yet, they still sell millions in Japan.

It's actually quite different than that, especially with the latest iteration (Dynasty Warriors 8 ). They've slowly evolved it into more of a rock/paper/scissors system now for combat when it comes to officers, and the combat requires you to actually think and react on higher difficulty levels. With that being said, you can just mash on lower difficulties, and if you're not playing it directly or involved in the story of the game at all, it's not that much fun.

They did a fantastic job with Gundam and the Dynasty Warriors series (based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms, a Chinese literary classic). I haven't had a chance to try out the One Piece or Fist of the North Star series yet.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 02:34:13 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2013, 02:25:18 PM »

Not really my jam but interesting to see Nintendo willing to license their product

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2013, 02:46:24 PM »

I'm not familiar with Dynasty Warriors, but to me the Zelda game looked a little like a Devil May Cry style of game. I understand I'm in the minority, but it's my least favorite type of game.

I spent my hard earned $60-$70 on Devil May Cry when it came out. It was the most disappointing moment in my gaming life. That game had a lot of hype and all I did was mash the attack button for a few hours until I beat it. I kept thinking, hoping, and praying that something else would happen but nothing did. I still cannot believe that flat game got such praise. It was the least fun I've had beating a game. Then, a bunch of clones and sequels came out and I lost my faith in the future of gaming. Devil May Cry and it's brothers sit very sour with me. If Dynasty Warriors or this new Zelda game is more like chess than Devil May Checkers, then I can get down with it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 02:48:04 PM by Dezorian » Logged
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2013, 10:43:44 PM »

I'm not familiar with Dynasty Warriors, but to me the Zelda game looked a little like a Devil May Cry style of game. I understand I'm in the minority, but it's my least favorite type of game.

I spent my hard earned $60-$70 on Devil May Cry when it came out. It was the most disappointing moment in my gaming life. That game had a lot of hype and all I did was mash the attack button for a few hours until I beat it. I kept thinking, hoping, and praying that something else would happen but nothing did. I still cannot believe that flat game got such praise. It was the least fun I've had beating a game. Then, a bunch of clones and sequels came out and I lost my faith in the future of gaming. Devil May Cry and it's brothers sit very sour with me. If Dynasty Warriors or this new Zelda game is more like chess than Devil May Checkers, then I can get down with it.
DmC is steaming pile of shit that cheapened the combat and made the characters boring and a terrible plot. DMC1,3,4 and Bayonetta are fantastic action games. DMC3 is considered by most to be the best while DMC 4 has maybe the best combat. DMC1 on PS2 has not aged as well.  Bayonetta is miles ahead of DMC but considering both series are from the same man only makes sense he evolved it. DmC failed as a game from combat to character to story and IMO even the aesthetics. Capcom and NT insulted the DMC series insulted the fans and mocked them along the way(even as far as saying anyone who liked DMC Dante was gay..seriously yes they even photos hoped a pic of Dante with the Brokeback Mountain picture) and in the end was a mediocre game at best and failed and deserved to fail.

That said DMC series and Dynasty Warriors are nothing alike. DMC is fight a few enemies in a small area while solving a small puzzle and platforming(DMC,Rygar and Castlevania Lament of Innocence is what God of War series ripped off). DW like Sengoku Basara is attacking waves and waves of enemies in large areas and mash. It can be fun but also very repetitive. Personally Basara series is much better.  Typically these games last 3-4 hours at most which is why theu often throw in a few extra characters to play as with different abilities and story..tho the stories are often half assed and cheesy but it's often on purpose or just bad translation.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 10:48:23 PM by Ryudo » Logged
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2013, 10:46:17 PM »

Sunk countless hours into Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes and Samurai Warriors 3 on the Wii... so was super hyped for Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 and Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper for Wii U, the main reason I wanted a Wii U even... man was I disappointed. You'd be amazed at how much enjoyment was sucked out of the games with Tecmo Koei not bothering to dub the games. Hopefully this will see Tecmo Koei regain my faith.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length