RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 29, 2024, 10:16:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | AtGames products question 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: AtGames products question  (Read 1786 times)
sektor75
N-Gage

Stats
« on: November 30, 2013, 05:34:27 PM »

Apologies if this has been asked (Mr. Searchy didn't find anything), but I was wondering what the consensus is on the AtGames products.  For example, they have the 30 game handheld that has built in Master System and Game Gear games, but there's no way to play carts or add extra games. However their 80 game handheld does have an SD card slot and they also have the Genesis console that is basically a plug and play system but it has a cart slot.

So would these be items we would add to the database as TV Games/plug and plays? Would the Genesis one technically be a console since you can play actual Genesis carts on it?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/sektor75.png[/img]
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 03:31:46 AM »

i've never heard of them, but that sounds a lot like pirate carts but in a standalone handheld form...which wouldn't be allowed in the database. if the genesis one is just a third party genesis console, and doesn't play anything else (and no pirated stuff in it) then i would guess that could be added as hardware to the genesis section, that's where most third party stuff goes for the systems.
kaysow
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 07:27:31 AM »

i have one of their licensed stationary megadrive clones. haven't seen anything like that in the db tho so i've held off on submitting that, mostly cause i didn't know whether it's a variation of the original megadrive or it's own thing. it's named simply the "Sega Mega Drive" but it's really just a shitty emulator, altho it CAN actually read original retail carts.

ApolloBoy
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 02:39:06 PM »

i've never heard of them, but that sounds a lot like pirate carts but in a standalone handheld form
They're actually officially licensed by Sega so they would be fine in the database. Those that have a Genesis/MD cartridge slot should be included in the Genesis/MD section while the others can go in the Plug and Play section.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 03:44:28 PM »

i've never heard of them, but that sounds a lot like pirate carts but in a standalone handheld form
They're actually officially licensed by Sega so they would be fine in the database. Those that have a Genesis/MD cartridge slot should be included in the Genesis/MD section while the others can go in the Plug and Play section.

oh they're licensed? weird, well then ya that would be acceptable of course!
sektor75
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 11:37:14 PM »

They're definitely legit, I just wanted a ruling on what category they fall into before I started submitting willy-nilly  Cool

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/sektor75.png[/img]
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 03:34:34 AM »

Just wondering, what's the reasoning behind unlicensed NES games being allowed? Like Color Dreams and Tengen and whatnot?
ApolloBoy
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 04:29:32 AM »

Just wondering, what's the reasoning behind unlicensed NES games being allowed? Like Color Dreams and Tengen and whatnot?
I think it's mainly because those were sold through "legitimate" channels. A lot of stores sold Tengen games right alongside licensed releases, for example.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 04:54:10 AM »

what apolloboy said, and that i feel unlicensed is more of a technicality, whereas pirate games are usually blatant knock-offs or copies of existing games...though some tengen ones can be like that.
sektor75
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 07:57:25 PM »

I just submitted the two handheld units to the database, hopefully whoever reviews them sees this thread so as not to be completely confused at WTF these are.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 06:50:09 PM »

They are crappy emulated systems. I have the 80 game genesis with the cart slot.  Bought it because Sega gave its blessings but they shouldn't have games play up to speed but the sound is like a dieing whale... ill upload the Comic Zone on a Gen and then on a Gen Classic so you can hear it.  As for the SD card slot on the hand held it lets you play ROMS that are in the .bin format, but they are not in any kind of order. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length