RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 11:17:11 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | 2 Suggestions 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2 Suggestions  (Read 1999 times)
Sensei_Fu
Jaguar CD

Stats
« on: March 18, 2005, 11:32:32 AM »

Is it possible to have a "View Posts since last visit" option when viewing threads?  

Also, you may want to put a link to the chat on the front page the same way you have the forums linked.  More people would use chat that way.  
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 11:32:54 AM by Sensei_Fu » Logged
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 12:02:51 PM »

Well, all threads you've read appear as read. And at the bottom of the mainscreen you can click 'mark all topics read'. So if you do that every time before you leave, you can see which posts are new the next time.

We used to have a link to the chat at the front page, but it didn't really make a difference. I suppose we could bring it back, seeing how it doesn't take more than a few lines, but don't expect it to generate more traffic.
Sensei_Fu
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 09:12:34 AM »

Well, all threads you've read appear as read. And at the bottom of the mainscreen you can click 'mark all topics read'. So if you do that every time before you leave, you can see which posts are new the next time.

We used to have a link to the chat at the front page, but it didn't really make a difference. I suppose we could bring it back, seeing how it doesn't take more than a few lines, but don't expect it to generate more traffic.

Thanks for responding, but  this isn't the same thing.  If possible, I'd like to be able to hit a link and it would show a list of all topics I haven't read.  You'd have more people reading more topics this way as they'd be visiting the site more often.  

Sensei_Fu
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 09:15:04 AM »

2 more ideas.  This site should have a button where you can jump to the last post in the thread or a button to take you to the first post in the thread that you have not read.  

I know you can go to a specific page and waste time scrolling down, but this isn't the same.  

The easier it is to read the threads the greater participation you'll have.  
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 09:19:47 AM »

For the last post hit the "end" key on the keyboard. For the first hit the "home" key.  |D

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length