RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2024, 03:22:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Red Light Is Touchy? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Red Light Is Touchy?  (Read 1123 times)
Atari6600
Memorex VIS

Stats
« on: November 15, 2013, 11:51:14 PM »

So my soon-to-be-roommate moved the TV over to my place since her current roommate has his own TV.  Anyway, the red light on the Super Nintendo wouldn't turn on.  But my friend and I just got the Super Nintendo working again.

So I have a few questions to keep this old beauty running properly:

1. What does it mean if the red light randomly doesn't turn on and other times randomly does?

2. Does this mean it needs some form of cleaning? (I have a cleaner kit)

3. In case I need to take the bus out to Play N Trade, how much do they charge for repairs on a Super Nintendo?

I really want to keep this up and running...it was bequeathed to me by a childhood friend I've known for 19 years now and I want to keep it running smoothly so I can continue enjoying it for years to come...and I will shell out for repairs if I have to.
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 12:34:49 AM »

Clean the power adapter part that plugs into the back really well with rubbing alcohol and qtip. Clean the area on the Super Nintendo the same way, and then let it dry for a few minutes, and then try it. The usual issues is the power adapter. If that does not work, you can always try another power adapter, because it might have a short in it.

kaysow
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 07:55:20 AM »

yeah, my ac adapter is giving me problems too. if it's not been in use for a while (weeks+) i find it'll work when the brick is elevated, placed on a tv bench or something.

Atari6600
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 07:39:10 PM »

Alright I'll look into that.  Can I buy any Retro Bit brand adapters if I wind up needing a new one, or do they only come attached to systems?
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 03:28:11 AM »

no you can buy replacement adapters, they are widely and easily available
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 04:16:54 AM by Fokakis79 » Logged

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 11:02:36 AM »

Yeah, people think a ton of electronics "go bad" when its really just the easily replaceable power adapter.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length