RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 03:17:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | iOS/Android Gaming 0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: iOS/Android Gaming  (Read 6077 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: November 07, 2013, 08:27:32 PM »

So I've become a fairly avid iOS game the last few months. I don't know if anyone else does much but I thought it could be good to have a thread devoted to this since it is the up and coming market of mobile gaming.

Talk devices, games, prices, sales, strategies, etc.

I'm currently playing the hell out of Plague Inc., and trying to last more than 20 turns in Starbase Orion.

Today I tried out a cool (and free) semi-adventure game called Sword & Glory. I'm also trying to decide what my next "big" (5-10$) buy will be. I'm looking at Autumn Dynasty, which is a pretty highly vaunted RTS, Battle of the Bulge, which is a highly vaunted hexagonal WWII strategy game, or the Bastion port. Thinking I'll wait on a sale for Battle of the Bulge since the devs are releasing a new game soon and that usually comes along with a price drop for older games.

Anyways, this thread may just become my personal blog, but I figured we could use some discourse on these...smaller games.

When shall his new form be revealed?
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 08:28:33 PM »

Also, why the hell does it hurt so much to spend .99 cents on a game on my phone when I'm constantly plopping down $60 for PC or console games?

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 12:26:15 AM »

Really enjoyed Ghost Trick, not playing anything amazing right now though since I'm too wrapped up in Avenger Aliance on my phone these days.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 06:38:16 AM »

Deleted most of my games, but I kept and still play, Plague Inc.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 08:29:40 AM »

I just installed Tiny Death Star. Great game for the train ride in to work.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 09:04:04 AM »

I had downloaded a few games on my finance's WP7, but then it it broke. So now there is two Androids in the house. Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja are all I'm rocking. Although I was thinking about downloading Wordament.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 10:18:14 AM »

I just installed Tiny Death Star. Great game for the train ride in to work.

If I hadn't spent too much time playing Tiny Tower I would be all over that. Looks like it's just a reskin of the same game though.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 11:35:46 PM »

Also, why the hell does it hurt so much to spend .99 cents on a game on my phone when I'm constantly plopping down $60 for PC or console games?
Maybe because most of those games are terrible made for sitting on the toilet and hoping you spend another 300$ to get a new piece of candy in the game.
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 10:51:30 AM »

Tiny Death Star is great.  Been playing The Simpsons for a while now.  It's the only time management game I've played for an extended period of time. Plants vs Zombies 2 is great (so is 1 if you haven't played it).  Here are a bunch of my favs:

Super Hexagon-I dare you to beat my score in this
Robot Wants Kitty-simple MetroidVania type game with surprising replayability
Spaceteam-multiplayer only, one of the best free games you can play with a small group of people.  Tablet recommended
Girls Like Robots-Puzzle game where you need to put the 2 things that like each other near each other.  Girls Like Robots
Super Crate Box-Awesome.  Like a cross between Mario Bros and Contra
PDA Games-Platformer from Behemoth games.  TONS of levels, free, and fun
Burnout Crash.  Game wasn't great on console but it works on mobile VERY well

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 06:35:44 PM »

I picked up The Organ Trail today for $2.99. As it's name implies (kinda), it's the Oregon Trail set during a zombie apocalypse. Very challenging and very engrossing.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 08:42:20 PM »

I picked up The Organ Trail today for $2.99. As it's name implies (kinda), it's the Oregon Trail set during a zombie apocalypse. Very challenging and very engrossing.

I saw that game on Steam and though it looked funny.  Didn't know it was on mobile too.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 11:23:01 PM »

Also picked up Magicka. It's a side scroller "spell-shooter." You mix and match natural elements to cook up spells and blow up your enemies. High speed but intuitive action.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 12:51:28 AM »

I will say that XCOM: Enemy Unknown is a great game, so if for some reason you can't get it on PC/Mac, the iOS port looks sport on so worth the asking price.

NxCmp
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 02:06:51 AM »

I will say that XCOM: Enemy Unknown is a great game, so if for some reason you can't get it on PC/Mac, the iOS port looks sport on so worth the asking price.

Was SOOOO happy to see them go back to the original and terror from the deep (my favorite) days.

Need computer or other I.T. related help ? Send me a PM, would be glad to help.
monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2013, 02:45:54 AM »

I don't really play anything on my phone other than the few free games MS offers for Windows phones and I don't play them much anyway. I carry my 3DS everywhere I go so when I have a few minutes of free time I'll game on that. 99% of the apps I have are news related or fantasy sports related. I find the quality of the games on ios/android/wp just aren't very good and not worth paying for at all.

EDIT: I LOLed a bit when I posted and my little buddy popped up down there with nothing but WP games on it. I played Bioshock Infinite and CoD Ghosts today (well, and Batman but that's on Wii U) but spent a minute with each of those games between falling asleep before my pre-work nap and my toilet visits.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 02:49:37 AM by monkees19 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length