RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 17, 2024, 01:36:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 23 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 216987 times)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1065 on: September 26, 2013, 10:04:07 PM »

Yesterday I was playing some Skyrim since I loaded up on mods through my phone. Anyway I ran into M'aiq the Liar on the road between Whiterun and Windhelm when a dragon attacked! So I got to beat the crap out of this flying reptilian with everybody's favorite and the most elusive npc at my side.

It was awesome.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1066 on: September 27, 2013, 07:56:31 AM »

Diablo 3 (PS3) - Started the second act. Still lots of fun.

GTA V (360): Started the game and played for about an hour. Plays just like the PS3 version, but had some slow texture loading during the intro. It could just be my old 360.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1067 on: September 27, 2013, 09:49:21 AM »

Cut the Rope: Experiments (WP7) - This is kinda more fun than I thought.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1068 on: September 28, 2013, 08:34:24 AM »

Plants vs. Zombies (PSN) - Working on Survival mode, also grinding out my Zen garden.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1069 on: September 28, 2013, 09:44:08 AM »

Helped Tynstar with Puzzle Bobble Live last night.

Also played Fishdom 3 on Win8
Tetris Blitz on WP8
Ascend on XBLA.

Loading Ascend: Hand of Kul right now.
Saw a tweet from the company that they had worked on the disconnect issues and everything should be better. Hoping that is the case. All things considered they were not that bad but it would be great if they were gone. This is one of the best XBLA games i have played in quite some time.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1070 on: September 28, 2013, 10:23:01 PM »

Farting around on my laptop and I just realized how to play Dungeons of Dredmor.  This game is awesome.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1071 on: September 28, 2013, 10:45:12 PM »

Going through Sonic Generations for the 360. I keep forgetting that classic Sonic lacks the homing attack, which has cost me a small fortune in rings, if not a life or two. Otherwise, I'm finding the game... okay. Not particularly exciting or revolutionary, but not horrible either. I'll likely put this on the back burner in a few days and get back to Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.
Necrosaro
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1072 on: September 29, 2013, 09:47:45 AM »

Finally finished off Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F with the Platinum trophy. I'm not capable of passing every song on Extreme; so going for 100% is out of the question.

Speaking of which, if anyone still wants the physical copy of Project Diva F, you'd best go grab it now, because it will only go up in price from here on out, very low print run. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until the digital version gets a sale, and knowing Sega, who knows if that will ever happen.

I'm planning on going through Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix next month since I missed the series on PS2. I dunno if this will be my thing.

I need to get into the Ratchet & Clank series. I've been playing the Jax and Daxter collection and quite frankly, I find it a little underwhelming and frustrating. I really don't like the controls much.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1073 on: September 29, 2013, 10:31:55 AM »

You don't understand how much endgame content there is. There's TONS. Gearing up for raiding, gearing up for PVP, achievement hunting, mount collecting, reputation grinding, and on and on. The game starts at 90 until it starts at 100.

Today I've been working on getting geared up enough to see the new raid. The newest patch introduced an island with epic loot laying all over the place, so I'm not too far off.

I'm sure there's a lot more than I can imagine. I wasn't saying there isn't. All I'm saying is how there's quite a lot of leveling content as well, for which there is hardly any time as the levels fly by at an incredible rate.

Interesting thing I've noticed: I've taken Herbalism and Mining as two easy professions. Whilst in the same zone, my herbalism levels much faster than my mining. I can be somewhere with Iron ores which won't level me anymore (grey) and yet the herbs right next to it (Khadgar's whiskers & fadeleaf) are still leveling my herbalism, even though it's 60 levels higher than my mining.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 10:34:40 AM by Sirgin » Logged
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1074 on: September 29, 2013, 10:34:45 AM »

Sounds like wow doesn't focus on the level grinding and more on the everything else grinding.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1075 on: September 29, 2013, 10:35:54 AM »

Cut the Rope: Experiments (WP7) - I am close to the end of World 1.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1076 on: September 29, 2013, 05:00:21 PM »

Sounds like wow doesn't focus on the level grinding and more on the everything else grinding.

Entirely this. They realized long ago that they could spend tons of time developing the leveling aspects of the game, but that people are just going to blow through it to hit the level cap and get geared. The game is way less fun, in my opinion, with the 'queuing' system. Used to be you had to slog your way to dungeons in order to run them, nowadays people just sit in the main cities and wait for the queue to pop. It makes the world way smaller.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1077 on: September 29, 2013, 05:14:52 PM »

The game is way less fun, in my opinion, with the 'queuing' system.
Do you mean the way it is now? Because I can see how you don't really have to do anything to level using random dungeons. You get great gear, lots of xp and never have to leave Stormwind. Sell the stuff you don't need on the AH, rinse repeat. All the way up to 90.

The reason I was "complaining" is because random dungeons and daily quests give so much xp, I'm leveling faster than I can do the quests in a zone. I guess I could skip dungeons and daily quests entirely. But skipping dungeons especially is a bad idea, as they're only in your queue list for a couple of levels. After that you're overleveled, can no longer queue for them, and pretty much have to wait until you can solo the dungeon to do the quests.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1078 on: September 29, 2013, 06:44:11 PM »

Just ascended for the second time in Ascend: Hand of Kul.

I started with Dark. Basically the tank. Fire magic, high strength low speed.
Moved to Void. Ice magic, slow others use lots o magic.
Heading to Light now. All about attack speed and crits. Lightening magic. Stuns others.

My Dark character i maxed the level on (20) and spent a ton of souls upgrading Fireball and used the Legacy pillar to carry over a weapon to my next character. I went through much of this run with limited or no  weaps/armor. I only used whatever i picked up and didn't repair it. So when it broke it got sold.

My Void character also got maxed out at the new level cap (25). Mostly spent souls repairing/upgrading weaps/armors. Didn't find a better weapon. Did however decide i wanted to keep the armor i ended up with. Bought a few more Legacy pilars so i could keep my helm, armor, boots, gauntlets.

I'll run Light to the next level cap (30. Seeing a trend?) and hopefully i can find some substantially better gear and start upgrading spells again.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1079 on: September 29, 2013, 10:12:16 PM »

The game is way less fun, in my opinion, with the 'queuing' system.
Do you mean the way it is now? Because I can see how you don't really have to do anything to level using random dungeons. You get great gear, lots of xp and never have to leave Stormwind. Sell the stuff you don't need on the AH, rinse repeat. All the way up to 90.

The reason I was "complaining" is because random dungeons and daily quests give so much xp, I'm leveling faster than I can do the quests in a zone. I guess I could skip dungeons and daily quests entirely. But skipping dungeons especially is a bad idea, as they're only in your queue list for a couple of levels. After that you're overleveled, can no longer queue for them, and pretty much have to wait until you can solo the dungeon to do the quests.

Yeah that's what Blizz has done to the game. It used to be your primary method of leveling was wandering through the zones. Now there's PVP xp and the queuing system which take away the "world" from the "World of Warcraft."

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length