RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 17, 2024, 05:19:59 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 217115 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1020 on: September 17, 2013, 01:08:27 PM »

Spent a few hours gaming with a buddy last night and testing out his Atari Jaguar. Had a blast playing all of these gems: Cybermorph, Tempest 2000, Iron Soldier, Cannon Fodder, Bubsy, Raiden, Kasumi Ninja, Trever Mcfur, Syndicate, Soccer and one last game that I can't seem to remember. It was a fun night. Cannon Fodder was my favorite Smiley

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1021 on: September 17, 2013, 01:50:43 PM »

Major League Baseball 2K6 (360) - Just wrapped this up, might go back to Plants now.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1022 on: September 17, 2013, 09:50:42 PM »

Played some more FarCry 3 Blood Dragon - it is still fantastic only 2-3 hours in so far though

Started and finished Glacier Blast on Win8. It was free, fast(1-2 hours at most) and more or less easy. Works for me.

Started Modern Combat 4 on the phone. Looks pretty damn good for a phone game. Also looks like it will be super fast. Just did a 10 player achievement tonight and was able to nab 3-4 other ones through normal play.

More Sims on the phone.

And turboing poker again.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1023 on: September 18, 2013, 10:49:30 AM »

Plants vs. Zombies (PSN) - Working on collecting 49 plants. After that it's on to the Tree of Wisdom.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1024 on: September 18, 2013, 01:29:37 PM »

Holy damn, sometimes playing DOTA 2 can feel like a huge waste of time!

So, first off, as a newbie you start off in the low tier games. Whenever you queue for a game (often takes 3-4 minutes) you end up in the low tier pool with other noobs. Fine. But to get to a higher tier, you have to play matches and/or win games. Not sure exactly what determines you can go to the higher tier, but you need to play. Fine again.

But I SWEAR atleast half the fucking matches get ruined by people abandoning them!!! grrr Atleast 30% of the games I play end up being not recorded because idiots do an "early abandonment" after being killed once. WHY?!? Why even enter a game if you're not going to play or if you just leave once you get killed.

Super frustrating, let me tell you. Things supposedly get a lot better once you reach the higher tiers (less people quitting suddenly) but at this rate it'll take ages just to GET to the higher tiers!

Either all these people are a) idiots who don't realize they need atleast 1 hour for a game of DOTA. b) selfish pricks who don't care that they're ruining other people's matches. c) using windows 95 machines, or netbooks and dial-up connections and can't stay in-game for more than 2 minutes at a time.

I'll be really pleased when I no longer have to play with people like this.

/rant

EDIT: I haven't even mentioned that even though I select Western European servers and English language; half the games I play are filled with russians who refuse to speak English and then insult me in russian because I'm not following their (russian) instructions. Yeah.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 01:31:25 PM by Sirgin » Logged
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1025 on: September 18, 2013, 01:43:24 PM »

EDIT: I haven't even mentioned that even though I select Western European servers and English language; half the games I play are filled with russians who refuse to speak English and then insult me in russian because I'm not following their (russian) instructions. Yeah.

i see things like that all the time in FPS too, players from other regions playing in my region's servers. sometimes they know english, but if you try to explain to them what lag is they don't understand at all. there are servers in every region, i don't get why other players need to jump to other regions.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1026 on: September 18, 2013, 02:44:38 PM »

Reminds me of when Blizzard opened the SC2 servers up worldwide. You didn't need to buy a copy from Taiwan just to play on the KR server. Only the pros and some others did it. Then everybody could do it for free and the Korean server became the insanely bad mannered NA servers + lag.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #1027 on: September 18, 2013, 03:22:42 PM »

Beat Rogue Legacy... I need to get away from my computer for a while.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1028 on: September 18, 2013, 04:16:19 PM »

i see things like that all the time in FPS too, players from other regions playing in my region's servers. sometimes they know english, but if you try to explain to them what lag is they don't understand at all. there are servers in every region, i don't get why other players need to jump to other regions.

Russia has the internet?
:-P

Poker Servers crapped out again. Probably doing another lame mini update for a promotion they have going on with potato chips.

Played Sims on the phone again for a bit. Mostly just sent my people off to work/school and started construction on a building.

Started Angry Birds Star Wars 2. So far it isn't too bad. I'm still anticipating it will be a miserable grind before i finish it though.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #1029 on: September 18, 2013, 04:27:51 PM »

I don't get it either. I honestly don't do that much online gaming, but holy crap is this game loaded with russians. I guess it's really popular over there? But if it is so very popular, then why aren't they playing on russian servers??

They type in russian alphabet, too, which means you can't even begin to make sense of what they're saying. It's like trying to read chinese.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1030 on: September 18, 2013, 05:51:52 PM »

I don't get it either. I honestly don't do that much online gaming, but holy crap is this game loaded with russians. I guess it's really popular over there? But if it is so very popular, then why aren't they playing on russian servers??

They type in russian alphabet, too, which means you can't even begin to make sense of what they're saying. It's like trying to read chinese.

There were a couple large Brazilian guilds on my WoW server (which was an American West Coast server that I shouldn't even have been on) who would blather at each other over the trade channel in Portuguese constantly. Eventually it just stopped, so I don't know if they got banned or wised up and moved servers or what, but yeesh.

When shall his new form be revealed?
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1031 on: September 18, 2013, 07:37:12 PM »

There were a couple large Brazilian guilds on my WoW server (which was an American West Coast server that I shouldn't even have been on) who would blather at each other over the trade channel in Portuguese constantly. Eventually it just stopped, so I don't know if they got banned or wised up and moved servers or what, but yeesh.

i used to play the free-to-play game Combat Arms, and they had massive issues with hackers. and, not even being racist about it, the majority of the hackers were from south america. almost anytime someone was hacking, it was the person speaking spanish. it got so bad that the Devs actually banned all IPs from south america. they claimed it was due to lag issues, but they didn't ban any other regions which were farther away.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1032 on: September 18, 2013, 10:29:04 PM »

Finished Toy Story 3 on the 360 with my daughter.  Well, the game doesn't really have a traditional ending, but I did beat the Haunted Bakery, which is the final unlockable level of the game, so I'm calling it.

Started Drakkhen for MS-DOS last night.  Man is that game unforgiving.  Pretty, though (compared to the other versions of the game).

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1033 on: September 19, 2013, 08:48:33 AM »

Plants vs. Zombies (PSN) - Working on the Tree of Wisdom.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1034 on: September 19, 2013, 09:22:25 PM »

Finished everything in Angry Birds Star Wars 2... except play for 24 hours. And since i can't disable screen lock on my phone i will have to actually play unless i can find some work around.

FarCry 3: Blood Dragon - Put another couple hours into this tonight. I freed all the garrisons, did all the rescue/hunt side quests and finally started doing the story related stuff.
Blew up the damn and made some omelettes.

Going to relax with Sims on my phone and some TV before bed.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length