RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 17, 2024, 05:36:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 217140 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1005 on: September 13, 2013, 09:18:55 AM »

Plants vs. Zombies (PSN) - Ahh yes, I don't like the fog levels one bit...

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1006 on: September 13, 2013, 12:56:49 PM »

Played about 150 days in the Floris M&B mod. Spent like fifty days as a freelance fighter gathering up some renown and gear, then I deserted from my Swadian lord, taking all his sweet ass gear, and went and became a vassal to the Vaegirs. We're at war with Khergit's at the moment, and I've just been running around picking off their smaller war parties while our main force takes castles.

When shall his new form be revealed?
JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #1007 on: September 13, 2013, 02:24:04 PM »

Hmm, odd, was my last post deleted? I finished off Puzzle Agent 2, found it to be better than I thought it would be.

Edit: Nope, looks like I just posted it to the wrong topic.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 02:27:30 PM by JSoup » Logged
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1008 on: September 14, 2013, 09:59:47 AM »

Ended my turbo spree in WSOP: Full House Pro.
I am about halfway thru level 74.

Took a short break yesterday and finished up WRC: Powerslide.

Now starting up Dark. Got a copy from Oman yesterday for free Wink

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1009 on: September 14, 2013, 10:08:18 AM »

Plants vs. Zombies (PSN) - Hi, I'm Link and I'm an alcoholic.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1010 on: September 14, 2013, 02:12:48 PM »

Lol.   Maybe you and my son can carpool together.

A good friend was gracious enough to loan me Red Dead Redemption.  I've been super excited to start playing this game, and I finally got my hands on it.  But...

So I started playing and I've got to say, the description of this game as GTA in the Old West is about an apt description as one could get.  My problem is that I am finding it boring.  In an open world game I am used to a slow story, but usually the world is interesting enough to get me interested until the story sucks me in, yet I am unable to find one thing in this world that is interesting.  It looks like the average playtime of this game is about 30-35 hours, so I want to give it a fair shake (in this case 6 to 7 hours) before I give up the ghost.

Anyone else have this problem?

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1011 on: September 14, 2013, 05:52:14 PM »

Lol.   Maybe you and my son can carpool together.

A good friend was gracious enough to loan me Red Dead Redemption.  I've been super excited to start playing this game, and I finally got my hands on it.  But...

So I started playing and I've got to say, the description of this game as GTA in the Old West is about an apt description as one could get.  My problem is that I am finding it boring.  In an open world game I am used to a slow story, but usually the world is interesting enough to get me interested until the story sucks me in, yet I am unable to find one thing in this world that is interesting.  It looks like the average playtime of this game is about 30-35 hours, so I want to give it a fair shake (in this case 6 to 7 hours) before I give up the ghost.

Anyone else have this problem?

Haven't played it but that's pretty much what Yahtzee said about it.

I've had that problem with quite a few open ended games lately. It's like, the world isn't fun or interesting enough for me to want to explore it (L.A. Noire), or if it is interesting, the game simply won't let me have fun ( Assassin's Creed 3, Mafia 2). So instead of WANTING to explore and play and destroy, it feels like a freaking chore to slog across the maps like a good citizen so I can to get to the next mission.

Been playing more Mount and Blade like it's crack, weird how this game has been doing this to me in waves for years. I'll play it nonstop for a couple weeks, burn myself out, and back away slowly. Then, 5-6 months later, it pulls me back in. Lost my first big battle on my current character, thought I could take on an army of 800 bandits with ~150 of my own troops, didn't quite work out so I got captured, lost my crack army, and lost a good horse.

Such is life...Soon I need to start my own Kingdom, but want to build up a little more strength.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 05:57:39 PM by The Infinite Leon » Logged

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1012 on: September 15, 2013, 09:31:37 AM »

Major League Baseball 2K6 (360) - I am getting back into this after my initial Plants addiction.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1013 on: September 15, 2013, 06:55:54 PM »

Finished Dark - I enjoyed it. Keep an eye on the bargain bins for this.

FarCry 3 Blood Dragon - Loving everything about it so far.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1014 on: September 15, 2013, 08:46:23 PM »

Been playing more Mount and Blade like it's crack, weird how this game has been doing this to me in waves for years. I'll play it nonstop for a couple weeks, burn myself out, and back away slowly. Then, 5-6 months later, it pulls me back in. Lost my first big battle on my current character, thought I could take on an army of 800 bandits with ~150 of my own troops, didn't quite work out so I got captured, lost my crack army, and lost a good horse.

Such is life...Soon I need to start my own Kingdom, but want to build up a little more strength.

Which M&B are you playing?  I only have With Fire and Sword, and while it is fun the guns pretty much kill the game, and with the exception of the Poles the rest of the kingdoms make me sick.  What a crappy time to be alive.

But Winged Hussars rule.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 08:51:03 PM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1015 on: September 16, 2013, 07:12:40 AM »

Saints Row 4 (360): Finished the game. The humor/parodies are great and the gameplay really reminds me of crackdown, but it does feel a little like more of the same. Over all I'd give it a low A score.

Rayman Legends (360): More of the same, but still a great game to play with my wife.

Puppeteer: I've only played about 10 minutes but damn what a great looking game. This game will surely end up on a PS3 hidden gems list.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1016 on: September 16, 2013, 09:33:00 AM »

Plants vs. Zombies (PSN) - Closing on the end of Adventure mode.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1017 on: September 16, 2013, 12:59:08 PM »

Didn't end up playing a ton of Blood Dragon last night (Unfortunately)

Ended up going back to F1 2010 to grind out online ranking with a friend for a little over an hour then i started turboing WSOP: FHP again.
I think i started that around 9-9:30 PM so after almost 16 hours of turboing i have gone from level 74.5 to just under level 80.

I still need about 835,000 XP to hit level 100 so...
about 165 hours with only 2 players.
93 hours with 4 players
or 55 hours with 9 players
Since we usually have 4-8 in the lobby i am figuring 70-80 more hours of turboing.

Or i could actively play for about 20 hours versus one other person and be done..... I think i will keep turboing

Also been playing Sims Freeplay on my phone. Outside of the game seeming to arbitrarily not save things i bought for my Sims or buildings i have started construction on (but still keeping the money) i am enjoying it.

I've primarily been ghost hunting when they are not at work. I have almost captured all the ghosts for a second time which gives me a big town bonus of some sort. Then i'll have to find a new hobby for a new sim. Unless there is some other bonus after ghost hunting.

I've also been ignoring most of the rest of my town and had to struggle with kicking a baby out of my town when i realized it was going to take another 24 hours to make it stop being a baby and i could not send one of my sims to work because i had a baby. The guy who ended up staying out and baking the birthday cake(so the useless baby can become a "preteen") isn't even related! Shit the rest of the people don't even like him!

Have i become the lowest common denominator of gaming?
A freemium Sims cellphone game..... achievements "Gotta catch 'em all!"

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1018 on: September 16, 2013, 01:02:29 PM »

Which M&B are you playing?  I only have With Fire and Sword, and while it is fun the guns pretty much kill the game, and with the exception of the Poles the rest of the kingdoms make me sick.  What a crappy time to be alive.

But Winged Hussars rule.

Warband. By far the best "version," although I have played a lot of Fire and Sword. The guns do change gameplay pretty drastically and make the early game tough, but once you can field a full contingent of veteran riflemen you're pretty much unstoppable (though yes, Winged Hussars are the exception and will just kill everything). Even so, it can be annoying to be fighting like 15 peasants with 150 crack troops and randomly get shot out of your saddle from across the map. You have to stay to the back of the action as opposed to the Medieval games where you're running around getting 50-60 kills a battle.

I've been trying out the various highly regarded Warband mods. Brytenwalda, 1257 AD, Prophecy of Pendor, and currently mostly into Floris.

One thing that's got me pissed is the "fix" to the trade system. In the last patch they made it pretty much unprofitable to play as a trader by closing the gap between pricepoints. While it was very easy to make money this way, it worked perfectly to get a character geared and off the ground.

I can't imagine why the devs thought this was such a problem that they needed nerf it into the ground. It takes away an entire way of playing a character for like no reason.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 01:06:00 PM by The Infinite Leon » Logged

JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #1019 on: September 16, 2013, 02:02:27 PM »

Completed the story in Saints Row: The Third. Not sure how I feel about the whole thing, really.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length