RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2024, 01:20:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 217281 times)
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #900 on: August 25, 2013, 01:58:22 PM »

I think my World of Warcraft career is entering it's twilight.  It's been harder and harder to find the desire to log on.  7 years of playing the same game will do that to you.
JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #901 on: August 25, 2013, 03:03:31 PM »

I've only been playing for nearing two years and have been unsubbed for a few months now. I'm kinda in the same boat. I'd like to play, but I'm having a hard time justifying paying for it. Looking into maybe getting a second hand Guild Wars 2 account, give that a try.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #902 on: August 25, 2013, 05:09:49 PM »

I think my World of Warcraft career is entering it's twilight.  It's been harder and harder to find the desire to log on.  7 years of playing the same game will do that to you.

I've been playing when they give me free game time. I got a free ten days back a little after MoP came out, in which time I zerged to 90 and got geared enough to do heroics. Then they gave me a free week not too long ago in which time I got geared enough to make it through all the raid content via the raid finder. It's still a solid game in my book, great time waster, but those little tastes of MoP have been more than enough to feed my craving, and are actually fun games in of themselves (eg setting the goal of seeing all the raid content in under a week, having to weigh gear options and getting outright lucky in places in order to do so).

I do really like how much content they put into this Xpack, lots of stuff for everyone to work on. If I was single I'd doubtless still be wiling my nights away with the old guild, but after I left it seems like it all fell apart. I only had one old friend still playing regularly in my last week on, a few more would pop on every other night or so. Definitely in its twilight, WoW.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #903 on: August 25, 2013, 07:06:14 PM »

World Series of Poker: Full House Pro - no clue when this leaves the beta stage but i hae been making a half hearted attempt at playing instead of letting my 360 sit there.

Finished Ice Age Village

Still working on Uno & Friends... kinda

Started working on Angry Birds Rio again. Should be pretty short having done it more or less once already.

Finished the online for AC: Brotherhood.

Finished the DLC in Halo 4 on release day (unless i already mentioned that before.)

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #904 on: August 26, 2013, 08:43:44 AM »

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (360) - Heading to the end of Act 1.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #905 on: August 26, 2013, 01:21:10 PM »

Took a small break from my second Bioshock Infinite playthrough to give the copy of Battlefield 3 that I got in the latest Humble Bundle a try.

It't everything that I expected it would be.  A very competent, VERY good looking shooter with a largely unbelievable story with some pretty generic and forgettable characters.  This is usually a turn off but this is one kind of game that I play for the experience and not the story/characters.  The shooting is fun enough that I would consider playing the MP a bit, which I usually don't bother with.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #906 on: August 26, 2013, 11:22:00 PM »

Took a small break from my second Bioshock Infinite playthrough to give the copy of Battlefield 3 that I got in the latest Humble Bundle a try.

It't everything that I expected it would be.  A very competent, VERY good looking shooter with a largely unbelievable story with some pretty generic and forgettable characters.  This is usually a turn off but this is one kind of game that I play for the experience and not the story/characters.  The shooting is fun enough that I would consider playing the MP a bit, which I usually don't bother with.

i'd definitely recommend the multiplayer, that's what the battlefield series is famous for. the single player is playable but the story is so mediocre that it's really not worth putting in the time. it has some awesome moments, but overall the game is made for the multiplayer.

if you're up for it message me sometime and i'll jump in with you, i play almost daily anyway.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #907 on: August 27, 2013, 08:54:21 AM »

I'm still chugging away in Tales of Vesperia, and will be for a while still, I'm only about 16 hours in. This game is great though. The story is always moving, and the frantic Tales battle system makes grinding pretty tolerable (most battles take less than a minute, many under 30 seconds).

I know this is silly but one of my favorite things about Tales games is the heal-all spell called "Nurse." In Symphonia the nurses march through doling out HP to everyone like they have a duty to. It is really cool (you can see them on the left in the pic below). In Vesperia it is quite different. The nurses are ghost-like and they frolic through the battle area tossing off HP like it was confetti. It is quite beautiful and I love it every time it happens.

[img width=595 height=470]http://lparchive.org/Tales-of-Symphonia/Update%2007/36-1z6632e.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 12:52:08 PM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #908 on: August 27, 2013, 09:00:27 AM »

That looks pretty cool. I've been wanting to give the Tales games a try, but I don't know where to start. Apparently Xillia is a good jumping off point from what I've read.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #909 on: August 27, 2013, 09:18:28 AM »

That looks pretty cool. I've been wanting to give the Tales games a try, but I don't know where to start. Apparently Xillia is a good jumping off point from what I've read.

Haven't gotten my hands on Xillia yet. I can vouch for Symphonia and Vesperia, and I've heard great things about Abyss.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #910 on: August 27, 2013, 10:30:04 AM »

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (360) - Halfway through Act 2.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #911 on: August 27, 2013, 12:12:14 PM »

Bit of Mount and Blade: Fire and Sword.

Jumped right back into things with my rebel warlord. I managed to capture a few fortresses and now they produce these baller marksmen called "Seymen" (teehee) that mow down everything that comes near them. I've been running around laying waste to anyone who messes with me, and have my eye on some of the bigger cities. Not sure if I can take them though. That is the one main thing about this game, with the advent of firearms you can't just stand on a roof in full battle armor and laugh as you mow down peasants, because the peasants can take you down in one shot from a long way off...

When shall his new form be revealed?
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #912 on: August 27, 2013, 07:15:48 PM »

Between boxing eBay sales i've been playing Bejeweled something or other on the phone. It is essentially the phone version of Bejeweled 3.

Need to do some console gaming!

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #913 on: August 28, 2013, 09:12:18 AM »

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (360) - Starting Act 3.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #914 on: August 28, 2013, 09:13:38 AM »

Between boxing eBay sales i've been playing Bejeweled something or other on the phone. It is essentially the phone version of Bejeweled 3.

Need to do some console gaming!

Trade ya - I'll do the boxing and Bejeweled in exchange for console gaming.

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length