RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2024, 01:29:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 217293 times)
Seno
Sega CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #885 on: August 22, 2013, 10:55:28 AM »

Tomb Raider (PC) Just completed it - really well done game but I would have been annoyed if I hadn't picked up on a steam sale as its quite short.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #886 on: August 22, 2013, 12:02:49 PM »

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (Xbox) - Just wrapping this up now.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #887 on: August 22, 2013, 07:00:58 PM »

Beat Assassin's Creed III. Loved some aspects, hated many more.

When shall his new form be revealed?
JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #888 on: August 22, 2013, 07:43:03 PM »

That's another game I've been meaning to give another try. I'd never played an AC before AC3 and I just couldn't grasp the controls. I'm not sure if it just takes time to fully get them or what, but it was frustrating enough that I quit an hour or so in.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #889 on: August 22, 2013, 08:28:36 PM »

That's another game I've been meaning to give another try. I'd never played an AC before AC3 and I just couldn't grasp the controls. I'm not sure if it just takes time to fully get them or what, but it was frustrating enough that I quit an hour or so in.

Yes the controls can be wonky. Combat is visually pleasing but a bit boring, all just counter counter counter. They did make it a little more interesting with added types of elite enemies, but meh.

My least favorite thing is the one button run/climb thing. In a game where you're meant to chase people all the time it's a damn sight annoying to have your character randomly climb up anything you get remotely near.

JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #890 on: August 23, 2013, 02:21:00 AM »

Think I'll give Saints Row 3 another shot, maybe I'm in a better mind to play it now.

Also, I think I'm done with Hitman: Absolution. I'm just not enjoying it, the whole thing plays like a chore and a half.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #891 on: August 23, 2013, 05:21:26 AM »

more Battlefield 3 multiplayer. i'm working on unlocking all the attachments for weapons, winning all the awards, and finishing all the assignments before Battlefield 4 is released. down to one class specific gun left, the M39 EMR. i hadn't used this one more than once in all my 600+ hours on this game, no idea why, it's already my favourite for that class. after that i'll get to the cross-class guns which shouldn't take too long because i can use them with all classes at once.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #892 on: August 23, 2013, 11:20:03 AM »

Big Bumpin' (Xbox) - Wow, I'm glad I played this on Xbox instead of 360. I really didn't like this game, nor would want to earn achievements in it.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #893 on: August 23, 2013, 02:33:09 PM »

Also, I think I'm done with Hitman: Absolution. I'm just not enjoying it, the whole thing plays like a chore and a half.

That's how I felt about it. They just completely trashed the open ended feel of the earlier games, which I loved!

I played through the last few levels of Hotline Miami where you play as the biker guy.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #894 on: August 23, 2013, 02:41:52 PM »

more Battlefield 3 multiplayer. i'm working on unlocking all the attachments for weapons, winning all the awards, and finishing all the assignments before Battlefield 4 is released. down to one class specific gun left, the M39 EMR. i hadn't used this one more than once in all my 600+ hours on this game, no idea why, it's already my favourite for that class. after that i'll get to the cross-class guns which shouldn't take too long because i can use them with all classes at once.

Really wish you were on X360 - I finished off most of mine there too.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #895 on: August 23, 2013, 03:29:42 PM »

ACII is the best in the series. ACII is just fantastic, AC1 is crap tho. Ezio is to me one of gaming best characters
JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #896 on: August 23, 2013, 06:01:25 PM »

That's how I felt about it. They just completely trashed the open ended feel of the earlier games, which I loved!

I want to like it, I really do. But it's like they designed this nice playground and there is only one, complicated way to get from point A to point B and it's in no way intuitive or fun to figure out which path is the correct one for navigating your way from the sandbox to the blacktop. Yeah, I could probably figure it out given enough time, but why? It doesn't feel fun or rewarding in the least.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #897 on: August 24, 2013, 09:03:55 AM »

Doom 3 (Xbox) - We should leave Mars alone and not colonize it...

Necrosaro
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #898 on: August 24, 2013, 09:26:36 AM »

I want to like it, I really do. But it's like they designed this nice playground and there is only one, complicated way to get from point A to point B and it's in no way intuitive or fun to figure out which path is the correct one for navigating your way from the sandbox to the blacktop. Yeah, I could probably figure it out given enough time, but why? It doesn't feel fun or rewarding in the least.

Hmm. Interesting. That's how I feel about it so far from watching some Let's Plays of it. Doesn't really do anything particularly well, just feels like a 'been there, done that' sort of thing. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is quite good and I'm liking it, though it's hard as fuck for me (had a lot of trouble with the first real boss, Barret).

I bought Guacamelee! since it's like 50% off on PSN this week. I'm not really into Metroidvania platformers any more, but this one seems ok for the price. Smiley

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #899 on: August 25, 2013, 08:15:23 AM »

Black (Xbox) - Man, Criterion really need to make another shooter. Maybe see what they can do with Medal of Honor.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length