RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2024, 03:15:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 217316 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #855 on: August 16, 2013, 12:08:15 AM »

Beat Far Cry 3. I chose the "bad" ending, but they deserved it. Wink

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #856 on: August 16, 2013, 09:19:28 AM »

Game Room: Pitfall! (WP7) - I am getting so frustrated with the horrible touch screen controls...

Necrosaro
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #857 on: August 16, 2013, 06:38:42 PM »

Playing Ducktales: Remastered. I rarely buy download-only titles, but this HD remake of the NES classic is too good to pass up.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #858 on: August 16, 2013, 07:48:34 PM »

DOTA 2 is pretty awesome. I'm getting slightly better at playing Warlock. If you can advance up to a tower with creeps and the golem, you've got a pretty good chance of taking it down. The golem is also great for last hits. I usually go for Bottle, Ring of Aquila, Tranquil Boots, Vladmir's Offering, Mekansm and Veil of Discord for items. It's the luck of the draw whether or not your team is any good, though. If you have bad luck, someone on your team will disconnect after a few minutes. Sad

I've tried to play a bit of Quake Live after maybe 1+ year of not playing. Did a few games, but the game sucks now. It's vastly less popular than 1-2 years ago. All the semi-casual players such as myself have evaporated. Good luck trying to find a game against people who aren't going to totally kick your ass. The game is so much more fun against people of your own skill level.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #859 on: August 16, 2013, 09:26:41 PM »

I am really digging Tales of Vesperia.

A buddy of mine and I have a "thing" for RPGs wherein you can have a dog as a party member. So when I played Persona 3 I was like "dude it's a dog with a f*cking knife in its mouth!" and when we both played Dragon Age at the same time we agreed that the Mabari Hound was the best party member in the game. Other such games worth mentioning would be Suikoden I and II (technically a wolf I know but as the song goes: I don't care. I love it.) and Fable II.

So when I started playing Tales of Vesperia I was taking screenshots on my phone and sending them to him with messages like "DOG IN PARTY" "HE'S SMOKING A F*CKING PIPE!!!" "HIS SPECIAL MOVE IS CALLED SONIC DOG. BEST GAME EVER"

So anyway that's my dumb story. Thanks Addicted for the recommendation. If anyone wants to recommend other RPGs where you can have a dog in your party, let's hear 'em! 

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #860 on: August 16, 2013, 11:34:23 PM »

Playing through Mario 64 again, controls are the woooorst! Lol and the penguin race was pissing me off for so long. I'm at 24 stars right now.
JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #861 on: August 17, 2013, 12:55:54 AM »

I'm finding Hitman: Absolution to be rather fiddly, but I think I'm enjoying it.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #862 on: August 17, 2013, 08:55:12 AM »

Playing through Mario 64 again, controls are the woooorst! Lol and the penguin race was pissing me off for so long. I'm at 24 stars right now.

I hate that penguin.  Just thinking about that race makes me angry.

Lovin' Interstate '76.  At first I was a little put off by the flat-poly cut scenes (though with a Glide enabled VC they look better), but the sound direction is so spot on I've gone from annoyed to charmed.  Gonna see this one to the end for sure.  Now I just need to figure out how to get pics...

Speaking of great sound direction, Saints Row: The Third is really curing my bacon.  What a great game.  I almost fell off my couch after the S&M club scene.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 11:57:11 AM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #863 on: August 17, 2013, 08:57:59 AM »

Game Room: Pitfall! (WP7) - I am closing on my last Gold medal.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #864 on: August 17, 2013, 12:17:44 PM »

24 hours into Project X Zone.
It's starting to realyl wear off on me...
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #865 on: August 17, 2013, 12:32:54 PM »

Beat X-Com on Normal on my iPhone with about zero challenge. Not sure if I got lucky with the randomized stuff or just knew what I was doing this time around, but it barely posed a challenge whereas back when I played Normal on my PC I barely scraped out a win.

Going to try a more difficult setting now.

Also been diddling along through Assassin's Creed III, doing the Homestead missions and the shipping missions so I could open up sea convoys and make the big moneys. An entertaining enough pastime but I don't have much to do with all the extra money...In AC2 there were all the upgrades to make to the castle, but now I hardly see the point. Guess I can buy the weapons and uniforms that are crappier than the ones doing the main mission gave me...but seems kind of pointless.

Also played a little Symphony of the Night for old time's sake and because I wanted to see it on my new big ol' tv. Good as ever.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 12:36:04 PM by The Infinite Leon » Logged

When shall his new form be revealed?
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #866 on: August 17, 2013, 01:02:21 PM »

Speaking of great sound direction, Saints Row: The Third is really curing my bacon.  What a great game.  I almost fell off my couch after the S&M club scene.

THANK YOU. SR3 is one of my top games of this generation, but a lot of people who played it here despised it. Can't wait for IV.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #867 on: August 17, 2013, 10:21:38 PM »

Fired up my old Scarface save on the Wii U yesterday, lets see if I can actually finish the game this time. Went well today so I just might.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #868 on: August 17, 2013, 11:42:50 PM »

24 hours into Project X Zone.
It's starting to realyl wear off on me...

I really enjoyed what I played on it but I am terrible at strategy so I sucked and stopped playing about 10-15 hours in.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #869 on: August 18, 2013, 09:12:45 AM »

Ghostscape (WP7) - A Point & Click adventure game set in a haunted house? Yes please!

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length