RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2024, 06:26:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 17 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 221110 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #705 on: July 16, 2013, 06:49:40 PM »

More Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City.

Me and my buddy are actually closing in on completion. We knocked out the multiplayer stuff today barring what we can do with just 2 people.

I need to S+ rank all 6 missions still and he needs to S+ 4 or 5 of them. Hopefully with some new tricks we learned we can get it done without the same struggle we had when we played initially last year.

Working on the 500 correct answers in Are you Smarter than a 5th grader still. I have got to be getting close to being done. I should have just played full rounds instead of only going for the extra credit questions i needed.

JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #706 on: July 17, 2013, 06:27:58 AM »

So, finally getting back to Dragon Age: Origins. Enjoying it much more this time around.

Edit: Right, now I'm irritated with the game again. I deleted my old save file for the current one. The current one retained that I had learned shapeshifting on my previous character and forced me into having it again without asking.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 10:06:04 PM by JSoup » Logged
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #707 on: July 18, 2013, 01:41:17 AM »

trying to push myself to finishing my backlog of games, i have 4 currently being worked on at once. today i put a lot of time into Link's Awakening on the original gameboy. really close to finishing this one, i'm in level 8 but got stuck again, so i took a break. i'll probably finish tomorrow, if i'm still stuck i'll use a walkthrough. i really hate doing that but it's always when i feel like i've tried everything and am getting really frustrated. at least i only ever use it as far as the point that gets me unstuck, i don't look at it for anything i can figure out on my own.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #708 on: July 18, 2013, 07:18:19 AM »

Mirror's Edge (360) - Trying to finish this game after a three year hiatus.

Time & Eternity (PS3) - Just received the game today. I hope it isn't as bad as I've heard.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #709 on: July 18, 2013, 07:24:57 AM »

Time & Eternity (PS3) - Just received the game today. I hope it isn't as bad as I've heard.

I am very interested to hear what you think of this one. It looks so cool but so far the reviews have been brutal.

Necrosaro
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #710 on: July 18, 2013, 12:38:46 PM »

I am very interested to hear what you think of this one. It looks so cool but so far the reviews have been brutal.

I have the Limited Edition of Time and Eternity, ordered through NISA's online store. This may be one of those deals where I'm tempted to keep the LE part of it and just sell the game, to help me pay for Tales of Xillia coming out next month.

Then again, I can't imagine this game being somehow worse than Last Rebellion. I consider that to be arguably the worst NIS-published game of them all. Even the censored Mugen's Souls didn't get nearly as much hate as Last Rebellion did.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #711 on: July 20, 2013, 07:25:35 AM »

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 (360) - Working on to Road to Wrestlemania with Rey Mysterio & Batista.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #712 on: July 20, 2013, 10:41:12 PM »

I have the Limited Edition of Time and Eternity, ordered through NISA's online store. This may be one of those deals where I'm tempted to keep the LE part of it and just sell the game,

If you would, please PM me if you decide to do that. I'll take it.

I finished Gravity Rush this evening. That's all I was playing lately beside SMRPG.

Gravity Rush was very cool but there were many parts where clearing out a ton of enemies in order progress got tedious and frustrating. All in all though I'm satisfied to have that as my first completed Vita game.

I think I'm going to start Bioshock Infinite tomorrow morning.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #713 on: July 20, 2013, 11:29:41 PM »

Still playing SPAZ, but the grinding is really bumming me out.  Grinding in a space-action/Star Control-like game?  Yep.

Now that I've spent my $18.01 in the Steam store I need to stop buying games.  My backlog is starting to intimidate me.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Seno
Sega CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #714 on: July 21, 2013, 07:29:39 AM »

Riding spirits (PS2) been going through my collection and playing anything I have played in a while - after an 40min playing riding spirits I'm wondering if any of the devs  had seen a motorbike prior to making this game let alone ride one.

There's no feeling of speed or acceleration and the bikes don't even vaguely handle like the real thing - One of the bikes I tried the RGV 250 (which is one the sweetest handling bikes ever made) was running out grip sliding off on gentle sweeping corners at 103kmh (64mph) the real thing will take far sharper turn at twice speed. Also the sound is crap too, apparently the devs have never heard a bike either.

Total bag of shite and getting rid of.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #715 on: July 21, 2013, 08:07:11 AM »

2010 FIFA World Cup: South Africa (Wii) - Mostly playing local co-op with my cousin's husband today.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #716 on: July 21, 2013, 09:50:54 AM »

Since my last post (i think)

Finished
Gun Bros
Hardwood Hearts
Hardwood Spades

Started
Operation Flashpoint Red River
Roogoo
Flight Control Rocket
Blobster

Continued
Bejeweled LIVE
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City
Ty The Tasmanian Tiger
Monsters Love Candy

Necrosaro
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #717 on: July 21, 2013, 05:59:59 PM »

Finally completed and Platinum'd Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on Crushing difficulty. Dreaded the gunfights, but it gets easier after Chapter 13. Pretty good game considering its age, released way back in 2007. Naughty Dog's gotten much better since then.

Now starting Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Really like the stealth aspect in this game so far.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #718 on: July 21, 2013, 08:00:51 PM »

now that i'm done Link's Awakening, i finally went back to Metroid Prime 3 Corruption. played an hour and 45 minutes or so of it today, i stopped at 51% where i first land on the space pirate homeworld
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #719 on: July 21, 2013, 09:15:41 PM »

I played some Blood on DOSbox, I found the secret fun-house level and was creepy as hell, even by 90s horror game standards. 

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length