RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2024, 06:26:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 18 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 221111 times)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #690 on: July 12, 2013, 07:04:21 AM »

Finally finished Battlefield 3. Meh.

the campaign has some cool moments but overall meh describes it accurately. the multiplayer is the big appeal and that aspect of BF3 is awesome. you playing on PC or console? i'm always looking for more people to play online with Smiley

I played it on PS3. I knew what I was getting into to be honest, I just played it because it free on PS+.

Agree completely that the campaign had some very cool scenes though.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #691 on: July 12, 2013, 01:46:24 PM »

Minecraft (360) - I understand the appeal of this game but it is not for me. I played about five hours became bored and returned it to the library.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #692 on: July 13, 2013, 11:00:19 PM »

Mega Man 2 NES-took down a few bosse's on my short play of it.  Wood Man, Flash Man and Heat Man

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #693 on: July 14, 2013, 12:16:35 AM »

Great game. You play on the nes or something else? I have most of them downloaded on my Wii bit want the cart copies

Now your playing with power!
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #694 on: July 14, 2013, 01:26:00 AM »

i finished The Lion King on Genesis today. hard game but satisfying, i liked it
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #695 on: July 14, 2013, 08:44:20 PM »

Great game. You play on the nes or something else? I have most of them downloaded on my Wii bit want the cart copies
Played on my toploader NES.  Wish I would have played them more years ago.  Excellent series that seemed too hard long ago.  My 7 year daughter loves Mega Man and I found a Mega Man T-shirt at a thrift on saturday.  Turned out to be a nice Mega Man weekend.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #696 on: July 15, 2013, 09:03:06 AM »

Over the weekend I played through to last week's checkpoint in SMRPG

and other than that I was playing my Vita. Gravity Rush is a really cool game. It's a Japanese take on an open-world superhero game like Prototype or Infamous with flying powers and walking on wall/under things like Mario Galaxy kind of. I'm really enjoying it.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #697 on: July 15, 2013, 01:17:27 PM »

Played some more ACIII. I thought you played as an indian guy, but I'm some smarmy english dude at the moment, so I assume I'm just in the prologue bit or something...Really want a freaking hatchet though...

When shall his new form be revealed?
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #698 on: July 15, 2013, 01:37:46 PM »

Since last post.

Started and finished
Tenchu Shadow Assault - XBLA

Got some more done in CoD:BlOps

Lost 3 lives on Sunday in Paperboy again. :-/ I will be so happy when i finally get this done.

Played JASF for a couple hours. Accomplished next to nothing.

Started the DLC in RE: Operation Raccoon City.

Cleared more Gun Bros.

Started Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader. Hopefully i can finish it today. But that might be a bit of a stretch.

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #699 on: July 15, 2013, 03:30:13 PM »

Played some more ACIII. I thought you played as an indian guy, but I'm some smarmy english dude at the moment, so I assume I'm just in the prologue bit or something...Really want a freaking hatchet though...

It is, be warned that once they turn you over to Connor he's a near worthless fighter until you finish the "training" portion of his life and get your uniform. He becomes pretty badass after that though.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #700 on: July 15, 2013, 03:30:30 PM »

Lots of Happy Wars...

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #701 on: July 15, 2013, 05:15:37 PM »

It is, be warned that once they turn you over to Connor he's a near worthless fighter until you finish the "training" portion of his life and get your uniform. He becomes pretty badass after that though.

Yeah, just did some of the training with the black Yoda.

I honestly like him weaker. The games get boring after you get all the gadgets and can just blow everyone away.

That's always been my problem with the AC games, you have this awesome premise for open world combat and sneaking/fighting, but then they give you stuff to remove all challenge from the game. Then, to add insult to injury they focus on the 'meh' story and add all the stupid mini-game crap...

Don't get me wrong, I've been enjoying it, I just feel like they squander so much whilst making an otherwise high quality game.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #702 on: July 15, 2013, 06:30:47 PM »

Yeah, just did some of the training with the black Yoda.

I honestly like him weaker. The games get boring after you get all the gadgets and can just blow everyone away.

That's always been my problem with the AC games, you have this awesome premise for open world combat and sneaking/fighting, but then they give you stuff to remove all challenge from the game. Then, to add insult to injury they focus on the 'meh' story and add all the stupid mini-game crap...

Don't get me wrong, I've been enjoying it, I just feel like they squander so much whilst making an otherwise high quality game.

I like just getting in there with some good old melee unless I'm trying to be stealthy, then I might get on the roof-tops and nail gaurds at a distance with a silent ranged weapon(or go Rambo and run up and stealth kill them before they can react)

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #703 on: July 15, 2013, 06:40:29 PM »

Just played some Famicom to celebrate the anniversary. First a couple launch titles, Donkey Kong and Popeye. Then I beat Spartan X 2 (Kung Fu 2) on easy mode.

Necrosaro
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #704 on: July 15, 2013, 11:13:51 PM »

Finally forced myself to finish Saints Row: The Third. The game gets better as you go along, and the endgame was actually awesome. Problem is, the game takes way too long to actually get going, and the sidequests are way too grindy. Especially the challenges. Thank god Stunt Jumps and Barnstorming doesn't count toward the platinum, those are a pain in the butt just to even find. Sleeping Dogs just feels like a more polished effort overall than SR3, even though both games have their fair share of technical glitches, but I expect that now in open-world games this gen.

Although I love how maxing out Respect and getting all upgrades in SR3 just hideously breaks the game over its collective back. You're immune to practically everything, but you can still be PUNCHED to death, not to mention the odd glitch that insta-kills you as you're exiting an exploding vehicle.

Also decided to try the Uncharted series since it's PS3 exclusive. I beat Uncharted 1 on Hard, it's a pretty solid game aside from some off-kilter controls. Now replaying on Crushing difficulty, the hardest. Crushing is just mean. grrr

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length