RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2024, 02:19:14 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 221040 times)
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #630 on: July 01, 2013, 06:33:46 AM »

Deadpool (360) - Finished. The game was short and some of the humor borders on cringe worthy but overall it's a weekend rental.

Best of PSN Vol1 (PS3) - Played enough to know that I'll purchase it when it is around the $10-$15 range.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #631 on: July 01, 2013, 11:14:06 PM »

So knocked out Machinarium in an afternoon. Not an amazing point and click, but still pretty good.

So, either continue with Saints Row 3, try out Tomb Raider or move on to one of the other games in my backlog.

Edit: Ok, I'm done with Saints Row 3. It's not fun, it plays like a broken PS2 game and I want nothing more to do with it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 02:17:26 AM by JSoup » Logged
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #632 on: July 02, 2013, 05:51:31 AM »

Edit: Ok, I'm done with Saints Row 3. It's not fun, it plays like a broken PS2 game and I want nothing more to do with it.

I can understand having different opinions of the game based on presentation, style, etc, but there is nothing 'broken' about the game. It's quite mechanically sound for an open world game.

I finished Gears 3 last night with MrUnoriginal. Next is Left For Dead 2.

Didn't get a chance to start SMRPG for the community playthrough but I'm guessing I can catch up easily.

JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #633 on: July 02, 2013, 02:47:23 PM »

I can understand having different opinions of the game based on presentation, style, etc, but there is nothing 'broken' about the game. It's quite mechanically sound for an open world game.

I know, I know, just frustrated with the gameplay. I'll probably give it another try later on.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #634 on: July 02, 2013, 07:32:17 PM »

Played up to Fleach's first checkpoint in SMRPG.

I'll throw in that I'm also playing Machine Knight on my phone (android). I'm only an hour in, but surprised at what a complete RPG experience I'm getting so far. I haven't played too many smartphone games other than Angry Birds. I apparently have been missing out.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #635 on: July 02, 2013, 08:29:34 PM »

Played some McKids last night. Which led to us going to get burgers. Ha love the music in that game

Now your playing with power!
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #636 on: July 03, 2013, 01:20:19 AM »

Played some McKids last night. Which led to us going to get burgers. Ha love the music in that game

the advertising pays off 20 some years later, way to go mcdonalds
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #637 on: July 03, 2013, 06:22:46 AM »

Call of Juarez Gunslinger: This is a good game. The stylized graphics and dime store novel story go a long way to make this game enjoyable. This is so much better than the Cartel.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #638 on: July 03, 2013, 08:34:14 AM »

Super Monkey Ball 2 Sakura Edition (WP)
Seems easier than the console Monkey Ball games. We'll see once I get to the crown levels.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #639 on: July 03, 2013, 09:31:02 AM »

Just beat Bart Simpson Escapes from Camp Deadly. It was a fun short game. Hoping to get some more good game playing in today.

Now your playing with power!
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #640 on: July 03, 2013, 04:54:02 PM »

Pinball FX - cleared the 3 DLC tables.

Paperboy - so much harder than it was on SNES

Chessmaster LIVE - did all the solo stuff. Need to get one of the guys who finished the online to pass me ranking so i can work on the rest of the online.

Telltale Games Poker Night 2 - i love it.

Brickbreaker Revolution - think i ended off around 240/300 bosses defeated.

Sonic the Hedgehog - i stopped off on Marble 3... I need to get back to my >40 minute game clear attempt. I am this early in and i was already something like 3 minutes faster than the times put up by someone in a achievement guide.

Spartacus Legends - i actually haven't played this one in a couple days either. I should be taking advantage of the double Fame holiday thing they have going on.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #641 on: July 03, 2013, 05:01:21 PM »

Space Pirates and Zombie for PC.  Kind of like the original Star Control but with more structure, weapons, and with missions.  A ton of fun, even if the title is kind of stupid.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 08:39:27 AM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #642 on: July 04, 2013, 11:05:07 AM »

Now let's see....

Yesterday I continued with Machine Knight (Android) while I was at work. When I got home I fired up SMRPG just to grind for a while but the game froze after about ten minutes so I quit. Then I played one of the campaigns of Left 4 Dead 2 with MrUnoriginal.

This morning I played some Little Big Planet Karting, which was a PS+ freebie a few weeks ago. I like it a lot but it gets instantly frustrating on about the fourth race. I like it better than Mod Nation Racers which in my opinion lacked sound driving mechanics to start with.

I also started Tomb Raider (the new one) this morning. Wow. I've heard nothing but good things about this game but is exceeding my expectations. I am finding it really hard to put down, and if the Mrs and I weren't about to go to a cookout I might have just played it all day.

JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #643 on: July 04, 2013, 11:35:36 AM »

I also started Tomb Raider (the new one) this morning. Wow. I've heard nothing but good things about this game but is exceeding my expectations. I am finding it really hard to put down, and if the Mrs and I weren't about to go to a cookout I might have just played it all day.

Couldn't agree more. I've spend the last several hours on it and it's a damn fine game. Makes me glade that my general 4th of July plans was to sit on my ass anyway. Cheesy
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #644 on: July 04, 2013, 04:33:16 PM »

One complaint I have about Borderlands 2, many of the more powerful items tend to spawn with horrific downsides(like shields that take 100HP+ off of your max heath, or guns that eat 3-4 bullets per shot)

The E-Tech Rifle they make you use for a mission sucks to, I think I probably burned 2000 rounds killing those 25 enemies because it was inaccurate as hell and had a absurd rate of fire(and ate two bullets per shot). Making me use a pray and spray weapon for a mission when I've clearly been putting my stock into accurate crits with Combat Rifles, Snipers, and Handguns is BS. Especially one that eats ammo like water and takes half a clip to even down a normal psycho.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length