RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 06:24:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 20 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 220941 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #525 on: June 09, 2013, 10:59:33 PM »

Started Final Fantasy III (DS). Not too bad so far, but I want to hurry and get to the part where I can pick jobs. I loved the job system in V.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #526 on: June 10, 2013, 06:57:05 AM »

@Addicted: Thank you. I was pretty sure that would be a gamefly ten dollar special for me if anything. Now I'm certain.

Glad I could help. I would pay $15 max. Completed the game this weekend and it was a fun rental.

It is difficult to pull of anything more than the first two combos. I recommend using all health for the first combo and all special ability for the second combo. This way you can recover health quickly and drastically cut down on the cooldown time for special abilities. (Especially since the special abilities are required for many enemies later in the game.)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 07:14:43 AM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #527 on: June 10, 2013, 11:51:45 AM »

Sneak King (Xbox) - The gf wanted to play this....unaware of just how bad it is..Now, I am watching and laughing lol

TheSaintOfPain
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #528 on: June 10, 2013, 12:15:42 PM »

Started Final Fantasy III (DS). Not too bad so far, but I want to hurry and get to the part where I can pick jobs. I loved the job system in V.

I'm also working my way through this version, but a lot farther than you at the moment.  Tongue  Also just started Actraiser for the first time, since all I've heard were really good things about it and never got a chance to play until I bought it and its sequel a few weeks ago.  Not disappointed so far, though I'm only to the second area and obviously have a lot more to go.

Just Take A Look Around And What Do You See?
Pain, Suffering, And Misery.
It's Not The Way The World Was Planned;
It's A Pity You Don't Understand.

--Black Sabbath, "Killing Yourself To Live"
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #529 on: June 10, 2013, 01:28:12 PM »

I have become quite enamored of the idea iOS games taking over the handheld market. That said, I am having a hard time finding the great games that aren't fifteen dollars. I suppose you could call me stingy.

Any rate, I did find Kingdom Rush, which I would argue to be the best tower defense game outside of Warcraft III mods I've ever played. Beat the Campaign, now going through doing hard modes and such. Probably pick up the new one in a day or two.

Another good iOS game is Sid Meier's AcePatrol, haven't delved terribly deep into it, but it's pretty good dogfighting fun. Tempted to check out the port of Pirates!, as it is one of my all time favorite time sinks, but it has some sketchy reviews.

When shall his new form be revealed?
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #530 on: June 10, 2013, 01:32:08 PM »

i've tried a few phone games on my friend's android smartphone, i don't understand the appeal of them at all. with the controls being entirely touch, half the time your hand is blocking the screen just to be able to hit the right spots. how are you supposed to enjoy games that you spend most of the time intentionally blocking the screen?
JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #531 on: June 10, 2013, 01:50:28 PM »

Been playing the new Animal Crossing. Pretty neat stuff so far.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #532 on: June 10, 2013, 06:32:49 PM »

Been playing the new Animal Crossing. Pretty neat stuff so far.
I've been wondering.  There has been so much conflicting feelings about this game from the sources I normally trust that it's thrown me into a state of confusion.  How does it compare to the other games?  Granted, I've mostly played the Gamecube title and a little bit of Wild World (which I did not like for some reason).

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #533 on: June 10, 2013, 07:15:18 PM »

Atelier Totori

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #534 on: June 10, 2013, 07:28:16 PM »

i've tried a few phone games on my friend's android smartphone, i don't understand the appeal of them at all. with the controls being entirely touch, half the time your hand is blocking the screen just to be able to hit the right spots. how are you supposed to enjoy games that you spend most of the time intentionally blocking the screen?
Depends what type of games you're playing I guess. A majority of what I've played, the virtual controls are the very bottom corners so my thumbs only obstruct about as much screen space as a hud would have anyway. Car games often use tilt controls so nothing is obscured at all and then other games I enjoy like GhostTrick & Ace Attorney are perfect for the platform.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #535 on: June 10, 2013, 10:33:31 PM »

Depends what type of games you're playing I guess. A majority of what I've played, the virtual controls are the very bottom corners so my thumbs only obstruct about as much screen space as a hud would have anyway. Car games often use tilt controls so nothing is obscured at all and then other games I enjoy like GhostTrick & Ace Attorney are perfect for the platform.

most of the ones my friend seems to like are the kind where you have to tap on objects that come up, or all over the screen. things like fruit ninja, or this one where you direct water through pipes by "erasing" dirt pathways with your fingers, can't remember the name of it.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #536 on: June 11, 2013, 03:09:35 PM »

1942: Joint Strike (PSN) - I just finished my Wing King run, now to beat with the other ships.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #537 on: June 11, 2013, 06:15:40 PM »

I loved Final Fantasy III (Famicom, first non-PSX game I imported) but I really wish I hadn't played FFV first.  The job system in V is just about as good as a FF game has gotten.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #538 on: June 11, 2013, 06:56:45 PM »

Atelier Totori is so good. I loved Rorona, and this game pretty much improves on everything in that game.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #539 on: June 12, 2013, 07:23:52 AM »

Borderlands 2 Add-On Content Pack - Borrowed this from the library - Can't wait to play some more Borderlands 2.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length