RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 04:21:37 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 220897 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #495 on: June 06, 2013, 12:59:14 PM »

Why not finish it the crappy way and go back to it down the road and give it another shot?

More often than not if i shelf a game it gets stuck there for a LONG LONG time.... like forever sometimes. Unless i sell it first.

Yeah I'll probably do that. It is indeed very hard to go back to a half finished game. Plus I don't have anything else right now that is screaming out to me to play it so, like, whatever!

It's honestly more fun the crappy way. The differences in the ending are obnoxious, but you can just watch that on youtube.

When shall his new form be revealed?
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #496 on: June 06, 2013, 01:14:52 PM »

Why not finish it the crappy way and go back to it down the road and give it another shot?

More often than not if i shelf a game it gets stuck there for a LONG LONG time.... like forever sometimes. Unless i sell it first.

Yeah I'll probably do that. It is indeed very hard to go back to a half finished game. Plus I don't have anything else right now that is screaming out to me to play it so, like, whatever!

It's honestly more fun the crappy way. The differences in the ending are obnoxious, but you can just watch that on youtube.

Dude that honestly makes me feel a lot better. Thank you.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #497 on: June 06, 2013, 04:22:00 PM »

Finished Scene It Mega Movie.

Gripshift - Won my 10 reverse tag races. And got one of the other DLC achievements. 1 left and a decent amount of single player stuff to do still.

Gunpowder - got a title update. Started chapter 5 for that one. DLC still hasn't been patched in and was apparently pulled from the market place since people were still buying it and getting nothing for it. lulz.

Monsters Love Candy - still throwing online matches. This is taking ages.

Monster Burner - some of these stages are pretty challenging now.

Jeremy McGraths Offroad - Started and completed everything except drive 1k miles. I think i have about 8 more hours of letting it drive for itself. If i really wanted to i could sit down and do it in 3ish hours of actively playing but i would rather just go the slow route that doesn't have me wasting time doing it myself.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #498 on: June 06, 2013, 05:31:58 PM »

did some more Final Fantasy XIII-2, i'm up to the start of episode 3 part 2. i had taken a break for about 3 weeks and watched my friend start playing XIII last weekend. feels like i'm starting to enjoy it more and the story is starting to get a little less confusing.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #499 on: June 07, 2013, 07:13:44 AM »

Remember Me - Started the game and played through chapter 1. It's a decent rental but the combat may be off-putting for some.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #500 on: June 07, 2013, 07:34:49 AM »

Remember Me - Started the game and played through chapter 1. It's a decent rental but the combat may be off-putting for some.

Can you elaborate on that a little? This game looked interesting to me.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #501 on: June 07, 2013, 08:09:58 AM »

Can you elaborate on that a little? This game looked interesting to me.

It would make a better movie than a game. The story is interesting and the ability to alter memories at key moments in the game is great, but the combat is sloppy and the levels are very linear. Think Tomb Raider/Uncharted like platforming with an an arrow telling you "hey jump over here". The combat controls don't respond well and so far I haven't found a lock on button. It's like trying to pull off Devil May Cry combos off in Fighting Force. It is worth a rent but it doesn't make a strong case for a purchase.

This review falls in line with how I feel about the game and will give you a better idea :

http://www.giantbomb.com/...ember-me-review/1900-579/
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 08:20:17 AM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #502 on: June 07, 2013, 09:25:21 AM »

007 Legends (Wii U) - Just screwing around online until the inlaws show up.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #503 on: June 07, 2013, 10:47:53 AM »

@Addicted: Thank you. I was pretty sure that would be a gamefly ten dollar special for me if anything. Now I'm certain.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #504 on: June 07, 2013, 03:33:30 PM »

Finished Jeremy McGraths Offroad.
Finished Gunpowder Chapter 5. Still waiting for the paid DLC to be rereleased and live enabled.

A little more Monster Burner and Monsters Love Candy.

Probably going to give Gripshift a little more time. I think i am getting close to 3 more achievements in that one for getting gold times, all coins and "hidden" pickups on 50 levels.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #505 on: June 07, 2013, 11:30:01 PM »

What's with Two Worlds II using 2 voice actors for the main character too?

I always hate it when a voice actor is changed in sequels, and it looks like that's exactly what happens with Pirates of the Flying Fortress. But this is just outright bizarre. They got the new guy to do all the story dialogue but still use the other guy for everything outside of this. Talk about ruining the immersion as you character goes back and forth between both of these voices.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #506 on: June 08, 2013, 04:35:23 AM »

Dishonored. Sincere thanks to Izret and Leon for steering me back into this game. Now I can finish it and trade it out rather than putting it back on the shelf  grrr

On a more positive note I'm playing a browser based multiplayer rpg/text adventure called Conclave.

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #507 on: June 08, 2013, 10:54:48 AM »

I can't stop playing - and spending money on - Defender of Texel on my stupid phone. Someone stop me!

Or, better yet, someone download the game, play the first couple of incredibly short stages and use my friend code so I get awesome stuff for free. Cheesy
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #508 on: June 08, 2013, 01:37:45 PM »

Dishonored. Sincere thanks to Izret and Leon for steering me back into this game. Now I can finish it and trade it out rather than putting it back on the shelf  grrr

On a more positive note I'm playing a browser based multiplayer rpg/text adventure called Conclave.

Which system are you playing it on?
And have you done the DLC also :-P

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #509 on: June 08, 2013, 01:52:44 PM »

Playing on PS3 and I'm probably not going for the DLC.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length