RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 16, 2024, 04:38:07 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 220507 times)
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2013, 10:08:48 PM »

I just played Akai Katana for about an hour.  I don't know about that game.  I kind of had fun playing it, but it seems kind of mindless.  Just bullets and then it's over.
CoinCollector
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2013, 03:13:26 AM »

Hotline Miami and kerbal space program
I'm not fond of the ultra violence in Hotline Miami, but that arcade-style gameplay looks so tight and fast-paced.  I'm tempted....

I just 100%ed The Binding of Isaac.  It's one of the grossest, most offensive games I've ever played, but ahm, I like playing roguelike-inspired games.  Very happy to have completed this one - it was crazy difficult. *phew*

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2013, 01:58:33 PM »

Sonic The Hedgehog (XBLA) - Made it to Scrap Brain Zone, I must be getting close to the end. And this will be the first Sonic game I have ever beaten.

Seno
Sega CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2013, 07:19:23 PM »

I'm not fond of the ultra violence in Hotline Miami, but that arcade-style gameplay looks so tight and fast-paced.  I'm tempted....

I just 100%ed The Binding of Isaac.  It's one of the grossest, most offensive games I've ever played, but ahm, I like playing roguelike-inspired games.  Very happy to have completed this one - it was crazy difficult. *phew*

I found Hotline Miami to be almost like an action puzzle game more than an arcade shooter, you can't just charge in smash-tv style as you can only take 1 hit, so you have  to plan out how your going to attack a room, still it was a bucket load of fun.

Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2013, 09:01:06 AM »

I started playing Silent Hill:  Downpour last night.  I'm 14% of the way into the game and so far it's been really good.  My wife went out last night so I played it by myself in a dark house with my sound system up loud.  By the time I was done, the game had creeped me out to much to walk through my house without turning on every light.

I do have a couple of issues with it so far.  I don't like that your weapons degrade and can break.  I've never been a big fan of that in any game.  Also, and this might just be an issue with my 360 or my copy of the game, there are some serious performance issues with the game.  I've noticed some pretty bad slow down in a couple of areas and in a few cases the game stutters, which is inexcusable.  I was running away from three enemies in an open area and the game started stuttering.  All three caught up to me and turned me into chunky salsa.  I'm going to hope it was because I was near a spot where the game automatically saves and that this isn't going to be an issue going forward.

Still, even with those issues it's shaping up to be one of my favorite in the series.  I haven't even gotten to Silent Hill proper yet (which you do go to in this game) and I already love the atmosphere.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #155 on: March 24, 2013, 10:59:40 AM »

Gears of War (360) - I have a sickness that only Gears can cure, I am making my way through Act 1 right now.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2013, 01:29:10 PM »

I started playing Silent Hill:  Downpour last night.  I'm 14% of the way into the game and so far it's been really good.  My wife went out last night so I played it by myself in a dark house with my sound system up loud.  By the time I was done, the game had creeped me out to much to walk through my house without turning on every light.

I do have a couple of issues with it so far.  I don't like that your weapons degrade and can break.  I've never been a big fan of that in any game.  Also, and this might just be an issue with my 360 or my copy of the game, there are some serious performance issues with the game.  I've noticed some pretty bad slow down in a couple of areas and in a few cases the game stutters, which is inexcusable.  I was running away from three enemies in an open area and the game started stuttering.  All three caught up to me and turned me into chunky salsa.  I'm going to hope it was because I was near a spot where the game automatically saves and that this isn't going to be an issue going forward.

Still, even with those issues it's shaping up to be one of my favorite in the series.  I haven't even gotten to Silent Hill proper yet (which you do go to in this game) and I already love the atmosphere.

I see this game every time I go to pick up a few PSP games, and I've always wondered.  I may have to take the plunge on this one (sorry The 3rd Birthday and Final Fantasy Tactics).

I'm really starting to sink into FFXII.  I might even be able to play this for the required 35-40 hours.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 01:35:39 PM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2013, 01:47:32 PM »

Radiant Historia. 25 hours in, still loving it. Seeing that it's going to take a pretty massive time commitment to finish though. With Fire Emblem: Awakening (finally) coming in the mail tomorrow, we'll see how long I can stay focused on it.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2013, 02:14:37 PM »

I found Hotline Miami to be almost like an action puzzle game more than an arcade shooter, you can't just charge in smash-tv style as you can only take 1 hit, so you have  to plan out how your going to attack a room, still it was a bucket load of fun.

Yeah it's a very new sort of game. Worth supporting the devs for sure.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Seno
Sega CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2013, 06:14:05 PM »

Well from a game that needed planning and forethought to one that barely requires a brain , been playing Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon - very dumb and great fun
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2013, 08:56:39 PM »

Super Mario World SNES

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2013, 11:19:51 PM »

I just finished up all four scenarios in RE6, Jake's was probably my favorite.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #162 on: March 25, 2013, 10:41:54 AM »

NHL 2K6 (Xbox) - I am playing through a season with the mighty Canucks!

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #163 on: March 25, 2013, 07:53:21 PM »

I'm not fond of the ultra violence in Hotline Miami, but that arcade-style gameplay looks so tight and fast-paced.  I'm tempted....

I just 100%ed The Binding of Isaac.  It's one of the grossest, most offensive games I've ever played, but ahm, I like playing roguelike-inspired games.  Very happy to have completed this one - it was crazy difficult. *phew*

I found Hotline Miami to be almost like an action puzzle game more than an arcade shooter, you can't just charge in smash-tv style as you can only take 1 hit, so you have  to plan out how your going to attack a room, still it was a bucket load of fun.

Yeah it's a very new sort of game. Worth supporting the devs for sure.

Of, note, Hotline Miami and a slew of other indie games are cheap cheap this week on STEAM.

Been playing BF2 with roomies on the LAN.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #164 on: March 25, 2013, 08:42:14 PM »

My wife got me Rock of the Dead for Valentines day last year and I just finally got around to playing it and so far it's a blast.  Think Typing of the Dead with a guitar controller.  I really regret waiting so long to play it.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length