RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 16, 2024, 10:18:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 220418 times)
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2013, 05:19:30 PM »

Tomb Raider is pretty good so far! Liking the exploration and combat systems, I might play some multiplayer after I'm done with birthday dinner and cake tonight. Last night I switched things up a bit and played Halo 4 multiplayer.

Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2013, 05:20:58 PM »

Tomb Raider is pretty good so far! Liking the exploration and combat systems, I might play some multiplayer after I'm done with birthday dinner and cake tonight. Last night I switched things up a bit and played Halo 4 multiplayer.

Happy birthday, duder! And yes, Tomb Raider is awesome!

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2013, 05:37:45 PM »

it looks good but i have to ask, are there any actual tombs or archeological aspects to it? they're kind of essential to the series from my understanding, she's supposed to be like a female indiana jones. the trailers to me looked more like something out of far cry 3...not a bad thing, just not tomb raider as i know it.
Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2013, 06:30:11 PM »

it looks good but i have to ask, are there any actual tombs or archeological aspects to it? they're kind of essential to the series from my understanding, she's supposed to be like a female indiana jones. the trailers to me looked more like something out of far cry 3...not a bad thing, just not tomb raider as i know it.

It is more of a Far Cry 3

hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2013, 06:51:23 PM »

It is more of a Far Cry 3

There are "tombs" in it, they kind of work like Assassin's Creed where they are hidden in the campaign and you have to seek them out. The one that I played was mainly puzzle solving to make a platform going up to a treasure chest.

raffa1985
DB Contributor
Brazil

Stats
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2013, 06:58:53 PM »

Just beat Metal Gear Rising, had a good time, very enjoyable gameplay, but no matter what Konami tries to do, Raiden will never be cool. He may have badass attitude and somewhat mimic the way Snake talks, but he SUCKS!
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2013, 10:48:33 PM »

Playing Bit.Trip Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien.  Lots of fun so far, but the difficulty hasn't been ramped up yet in the first world.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2013, 11:59:56 PM »

3D Solitaire (eShop) - This was surprisingly fun! I should expect no less from Zen Studios though.

[img width=400 height=480]http://www.cubed3.com/media/2012/September/JSLP-3D_Solitaire-ScreenOnline03.jpg[/img]

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2013, 12:52:34 AM »

Beat Cut the Rope Win8

Played some more Monsters Love Candy (free with microtransactions) i like the way the matching system works. But you are almost forced to spend money if you want to finish anything.

Finished all of the Gunstringer Dead Man Running endless mode achievements. Tomorrow i should be able to wrap up campaign. This one was not only not free(I think it was 2 or 3$s) but it is another game that needs you to purchase in game currency to complete.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2013, 12:42:27 PM »

Trying to play through Obscure: Aftermath for the PSP.  It's not a bad game, as it fits nicely into the classic definition of survival horror without resorting to tank controls to envoke nostalgia (instant fail, in my opinion).  However, for some reason I am struggling to get through it, and I can't point to the reason why.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2013, 03:20:51 PM »

Played a bunch of Skyrim last night. Also some Serious Sam with roomies on the LAN, pretty fun if a bit mindless. Setting up Battlefield 1942 for us to try next.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2013, 04:04:06 PM »

Finished the campaign for Gunstringer: Dead Man Running.
If the in game store or accept challenges feature ever starts working again i will be able to finish it.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2013, 05:04:56 PM »

Just beat Metal Gear Rising, had a good time, very enjoyable gameplay, but no matter what Konami tries to do, Raiden will never be cool. He may have badass attitude and somewhat mimic the way Snake talks, but he SUCKS!

^This. 
Also, I don't normally complain about the brevity of the game, but in this case the game itself really felt like the original story design of half before MSG4 and half after was just cut into only working on the back half to finish it, and as a result the game (while polished) feels tonally and mechanically cut short.  Fun to go through, but the story development (or lack thereof) points to its troubled development.

Another Tomb Raider recommendation, I have been very pleasantly surprised with the short amount of time I've given it. 

Also, Etrian Odyssey IV is marvelous and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Jet: Revengeance: Archology of Added Names is... not as bad as I feared.  IMHO weaker thus far than any previous Castlevania portable trilogy game, yet it does pair well with the also better than expected LoS on 360/PS3.  In fact, it does a great job in music and atmosphere.  Interested in how it turns out by the end.

Keelah se'lai
raffa1985
DB Contributor
Brazil

Stats
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2013, 12:20:13 PM »

^This.  
Also, I don't normally complain about the brevity of the game, but in this case the game itself really felt like the original story design of half before MSG4 and half after was just cut into only working on the back half to finish it, and as a result the game (while polished) feels tonally and mechanically cut short.  Fun to go through, but the story development (or lack thereof) points to its troubled development.

Another Tomb Raider recommendation, I have been very pleasantly surprised with the short amount of time I've given it.  

Also, Etrian Odyssey IV is marvelous and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate: Jet: Revengeance: Archology of Added Names is... not as bad as I feared.  IMHO weaker thus far than any previous Castlevania portable trilogy game, yet it does pair well with the also better than expected LoS on 360/PS3.  In fact, it does a great job in music and atmosphere.  Interested in how it turns out by the end.

As a Castlevania fan i would buy Mirror of Fate regardless of its badness, but it's good to hear it is ''playable'', but unfortunately as i feared, not good as previous DS games, and as i read, lacks the soul of Castlevania (again). I'm ok with the fact that Mercury Steam is taking inspiration on God of War, we always said that this type of gameplay would be a good fit to Castlevania, but i really don't get why can't they use familiar Castlevania elements on it? I really miss the killer soundtrack, the atmosphere, familiar characters, enemies...
Taking Symphony of the Night for example, when it came in 1997, it represented a new take on Castlevania, it moved from a linear action game to a open world action/adventure game. It played somewhat different than before, but we never put in doubt it's authenticity as a Castlevania game, it's possible to be different, but at the same time familiar, and that's why i don't like the direction that Mercury Steam is taking, it's too radical, almost everything fans used to know and love about was eradicated. Castlevania lost it's identity, nowadays it's just another God of War clone.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 12:24:09 PM by raffa1985 » Logged
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2013, 07:11:26 PM »

I know I'm playing catch-up on the newer games, but I finished Splatterhouse for the 360.  I loved the original, which reminds me that I really need to get another TurboGrafx 16.  This one definitely did what it could for the M Rating, as stated by the Mask during the game.  Everything from the storyline and gameplay to the soundtrack with Lamb of God and Five Finger Death Punch was awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length