RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2024, 03:30:45 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 217323 times)
Seno
Sega CD
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #840 on: August 13, 2013, 12:30:23 PM »

Pikmin (GC) - Just completed it on day 25
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #841 on: August 13, 2013, 06:11:44 PM »

Dragons Crown Vita
Blue Dragon Awakened Shadow DS
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #842 on: August 14, 2013, 07:06:22 AM »

Finished SMRPG last night.

I need to play some million hour long JRPG on XBOX 360 next. Maybe Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, or Tales of Vesperia. Anyone have thoughts or opinions on those or want to suggest any others?

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #843 on: August 14, 2013, 07:08:12 AM »

@GrayGhost81: Play Tales of Vesperia. I liked Lost Odyssey, and finished Blue Dragon, but I loved Tales of Vesperia.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #844 on: August 14, 2013, 08:00:51 AM »

@GrayGhost81: Play Tales of Vesperia. I liked Lost Odyssey, and finished Blue Dragon, but I loved Tales of Vesperia.

The only other one I've played is Symphonia. I loved it. How does Vesperia compare?

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #845 on: August 14, 2013, 08:43:58 AM »

@GrayGhost81: It plays similar to Symphonia and story wise some people perfer Vespersia some Symphonia.  The battle system is almost identical.

Here is a giant bomb Symphonia vs Vesperia discussion:

http://www.giantbomb.com/...peria-vs-symphonia-19099/

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #846 on: August 14, 2013, 09:58:04 AM »

Dragon's Crown (PS3) - If you can get past the exaggerated art style this is a fun game. I played through a couple levels with my wife.

Tales of Xillia (PS3) - While it doesn't bring many new items to the table the Tales formula still holds up remarkably well. If you like JRGP/LRPGS give it a try.

I'm very much a fan of Vanillaware, and Dragon's Crown is just an excellent game.  Gameplay is smooth and far more varied than the genre would imply; music is gorgeous, and even the story (love the DM/narrator angle) is much better than reviewers are crediting.  Feels much more like a pen-and-paper RPG than many 'normal' video game RPGs to me, and there is more depth to the game design than even Guardian Heroes, a game I thought would never be topped in it's rare genre.

Although the art...

is just beautiful, and obviously tongue-in-cheek, and purposefully humorous (I quite chuckled when I saw the Amazon getting 'slapped' in the face when stopping abruptly)
I don't personally agree the game should be rated 'T' simply due to the imagery.  I'm well aware I can seem more of a 'prude' than my contemporaries, but some of the still images combined with the animation pushes the game to the 'M' range for me personally. 

My kids will just have to stick to Castle Crashers for the meantime.  Not that they seem to mind. Smiley

Keelah se'lai
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #847 on: August 14, 2013, 10:17:13 AM »

Jet Set Go (WP7) - I vow to 5 Star Sydney today lol, no distractions this time.

VectorGamer
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #848 on: August 14, 2013, 12:59:06 PM »

Donkey Kong Junior (NES)
Mario Bros. (NES)
Life Force (NES)
Popeye (NES)
Vectrexians (Vectrex)
Vector Pilot (Vectrex)

VectorGamer.com
YouTube: TheRetrocade
@RealVectorGamer
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #849 on: August 14, 2013, 02:22:42 PM »

Played some Mario RPG
Jax 2. Getting kinda annoyed with this game.  Been playing it for about 4 months. There are so many timed challenges that I get stuck on for like 40-60mins it slows down the flow of things. I might switch and try Ratchet and Clank series instead.

Also just started playing Mario & Luigi Dream team

Now your playing with power!
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #850 on: August 15, 2013, 10:32:47 AM »

Started Tales of Vesperia last night. I played for about an hour and half and my first impressions of the game are very good.

JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #851 on: August 15, 2013, 11:17:08 AM »

FINALLY finished off all of the Dragon Age: Origins DLC. Didn't realize that I left the hardest one for last, but it still wasn't bad. Kinda interested in Dragon Age 2, but I see there is no ultimate edition (that is, all DLC included) available.

After looking into Hitman: Absolution, I decided to download it, will probably start it sometime tonight.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #852 on: August 15, 2013, 11:39:32 AM »

Game Room: Pitfall! (WP7) - Working on Gold medals.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #853 on: August 15, 2013, 11:58:38 AM »

Finished SMRPG last night.

I need to play some million hour long JRPG on XBOX 360 next. Maybe Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, or Tales of Vesperia. Anyone have thoughts or opinions on those or want to suggest any others?

LO is fantastic. I loved Blue Dragon (BTW DS has 2 Blue Dragon games) The one on Xbox360 is like Dragon Quest with more personality. Also an anime for it.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #854 on: August 15, 2013, 12:56:17 PM »

I beat the Elite Four and the champion in Pokémon Black. Not at all hard. I had 5 level 53's and 1 lvl 40 Deino that I did not use (only have him for Exp. Share). I find it stupid how you only get a fishing rod in this game after you beat the game. There's very few water pokémon in this version.

I managed to play a couple of DOTA 2 matches. It can be very annoying to find a match. Wait for a few minutes (often 2-3min+), connect to a game only to have one guy not show up as "Ready"...rinse repeat. Then finally when the game does get underway, there's guaranteed to be atleast one guy who disconnects after 30 seconds. I wonder what hardware people are playing this game on...netbooks? Undecided
The game itself is quite nice. I'm still playing the limited hero pool matches. I read a guide that says beginners shouldn't pick carry heroes, so I didn't. I first tried Zeus, but his ultimate is too random to be useful. Now I'm using Warlock, who is so much better. Once you get the max Golem, you can easily kill towers and other heroes, while gettings tons of last hits in the process. Last time I played him, I was the highest leveled player on my team, but we still lost. Btw, of all the matches I've played, I've never seen a Dire Victory. It's always Radiant Victory...also, the camera is positioned in favour of the Radiant team, it's a bit stupid.

I've also been playing Lumines II. I'm getting slightly better at it. But after a while, there's just a point of no return where you can't reduce the mess you've made anymore.

Oh, and I played a few minutes of Child of Eden, too. But I don't have the PS Move controller.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length