RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2024, 06:14:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 220919 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #555 on: June 14, 2013, 05:49:59 PM »

about to start The Last of Us. i wasn't really sold on it from the trailers alone, but this morning i watched the 14 minute intro on youtube and started throwing money at my screen. about 15 minutes later i was on the bus down to the local EB Games. they were sold out of the collector's edition, but oh well.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #556 on: June 14, 2013, 06:36:38 PM »

THE LAST OF US.

EDIT: Maybe it's just that I'm terrible at it, but this game has been brutally hard so far for me. Stuck about 3 hours in.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:04:21 PM by Bad Enough Dude » Logged
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #557 on: June 14, 2013, 09:04:18 PM »

THE LAST OF US.

it's amazing so far! put about 2 hours into it then got stuck, decided to take a break for dinner. i'm playing on normal but finding it really difficult, partially because i don't have a lot of experience with stealth games. so i don't think it's the game's fault, i think i'm just bad.
BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #558 on: June 14, 2013, 09:06:16 PM »

THE LAST OF US.

it's amazing so far! put about 2 hours into it then got stuck, decided to take a break for dinner. i'm playing on normal but finding it really difficult, partially because i don't have a lot of experience with stealth games. so i don't think it's the game's fault, i think i'm just bad.

HAH. I edited my post at the same time you posted this. I'm also playing on normal and am having a tough time. Stuck in a tower right now. Can't figure out how to keep from being seen...
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #559 on: June 14, 2013, 09:10:23 PM »

THE LAST OF US.

HAH. I edited my post at the same time you posted this. I'm also playing on normal and am having a tough time. Stuck in a tower right now. Can't figure out how to keep from being seen...

is that the tower where you first see the "clickers"? that's the one i'm stuck on, but it didn't take me nearly as long...maybe i haven't been exploring as much.
BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #560 on: June 14, 2013, 09:15:39 PM »

THE LAST OF US.

is that the tower where you first see the "clickers"? that's the one i'm stuck on, but it didn't take me nearly as long...maybe i haven't been exploring as much.

Yep. There's one specific part where you have to kill 4 or 5 that are all in one room - tried four or five times and I can't figure it out. The first kill is easy. I think I know where to get the second without being heard, but he always sees me. I gave up after a while.

I'm probably not 3 hours in on the game clock yet, but I replayed several of the conflicts along the way. I would guess that I'm 2 hours into the story, adding on an hour or two while I was playing the scenarios in different ways.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #561 on: June 14, 2013, 09:40:48 PM »

THE LAST OF US.

Yep. There's one specific part where you have to kill 4 or 5 that are all in one room - tried four or five times and I can't figure it out. The first kill is easy. I think I know where to get the second without being heard, but he always sees me. I gave up after a while.

I'm probably not 3 hours in on the game clock yet, but I replayed several of the conflicts along the way. I would guess that I'm 2 hours into the story, adding on an hour or two while I was playing the scenarios in different ways.

oh, you mean you did that "retry encounter" option or whatever it's called? that makes sense then. that sounds like the exact same room that i'm stuck in, i managed to kill 2 of them but the problem is i don't actually know where to go. a couple times i've hoped to run past them with them chasing, but it doesn't seem to have an actual exit...i guess they really want you to kill them all.
BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #562 on: June 14, 2013, 09:56:51 PM »

Yep. That's exactly it. First kill is easy. Can't kill the second without alerting the others, which never ends well.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #563 on: June 15, 2013, 07:24:25 AM »

Sounds like you guys are having similar problems with The Last of Us as I was having with Dishonored. Stealth is just so nebulous. It's always hard to tell when it's done right or you just suck at at.

Anyway I played Atelier Totori for about three hours this morning. It's starting to have that addictive "just one more task..." feeling. I love it.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #564 on: June 15, 2013, 11:39:34 AM »

Skullgirls, really liking the characters and style of the game, need to work on my mastery of the controls however.
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #565 on: June 15, 2013, 11:46:44 AM »

I still need to pickup Skullgirls,I've been messing around with Street Fighter X Tekken.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #566 on: June 15, 2013, 12:43:58 PM »

Roll in the Hole (WP7) - This has horrible tilt controls...

raffa1985
DB Contributor
Brazil

Stats
« Reply #567 on: June 15, 2013, 05:22:39 PM »

About 5-6 hours into The Last of Us. I'm having a good time, very good game, but i wouldn't call it a masterpiece like the critics are saying, neither the best game of 2013. I particularly enjoyed Tomb Raider more.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #568 on: June 15, 2013, 07:30:45 PM »

Just played Starfox 64 for Blklblskt's high score thread (spoiler alert: I sucked).

Now back to Atelier Totori.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #569 on: June 15, 2013, 10:21:41 PM »

Really loving Dragon Age. That is all.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length