RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 06:54:15 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 226909 times)
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #510 on: June 08, 2013, 03:16:40 PM »

Dragon Quest IX I am so addicted to this. Also as a bonus I got it used few days ago and the Club Nintendo code was still valid.
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #511 on: June 08, 2013, 04:29:54 PM »

Gonna start up Dishonored later tonight after work. The ps3 version.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #512 on: June 08, 2013, 06:11:12 PM »

Glad to hear I'm not dissuading anyone from playing it. It's not the game, it's me Smiley

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #513 on: June 08, 2013, 07:28:50 PM »

Pac-Man: Championship Edition DX (WP7) - I am loving this! Easily my favourite Pac-Man game to date.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #514 on: June 08, 2013, 11:01:33 PM »

Glad to hear I'm not dissuading anyone from playing it. It's not the game, it's me Smiley

I have said that before. It was a lie then too Smiley

Monster Burner is almost done. I need to "3 orb" 2 more stages and then grind out gold and replay stages to earn 1 MILLION leaderboard points.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #515 on: June 09, 2013, 07:44:48 AM »

I have said that before. It was a lie then too Smiley

Well I finished it this morning. I liked the bad ending and throughout the last two missions there were flashes of the game actually working for me so I felt a lot less stupid. I'm actually going to hold on to it I think.

EDIT:

« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 08:11:26 AM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #516 on: June 09, 2013, 11:18:55 AM »

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 (360) - Now starting on Triple H's path to Wrestlemania.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #517 on: June 09, 2013, 01:56:59 PM »

Decided to take a break from Capsized (that three-part boss is kicking my tushy) and play Thomas Was Alone.   Extremely charming puzzle-platformer narrated by Danny Wallace.  Another reason to slap down >$5.84 for Humble Indie Bundle 8.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #518 on: June 09, 2013, 02:26:01 PM »

Playing Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms, the Brittania campaign. I have primarily Welsh ancestry so decided to see what I can do since you can control them vying for continued independence against England's sword. You can also play as Scotland (and get a badass free army when William Wallace enters the history books).

Chapter 1: Llywelyn The Great

With Wales you start off with Llywelyn the Great, basically the Welsh cultural equivalent to William Wallace. He is an insane general in the early game, and his heir Prince Dafydd is not far behind. Beating the English with Llywelyn early on gives the Welsh immense pride and you get small free armies that pop up around the countryside. I built 2 extra big armies with these initial free troops. One was lead by Prince Dafydd, and the other a young 2 star general I wanted to give some experience to named Ieuan of Clynnog Fawr. Llywelyn's veteran troops continued their march South, Dafydd began conquering to the East, then turned to the North, and Ieuan marched Eastward to Oxford.

More men rose to the cause of war in the countryside, and English resistance was weak to the overwhelming rise of Welsh pride and might. These new men were used as the basis of the garrisons for the conquered English towns, being some of the best early Welsh units.

Llywelyn conquered Cornwall and raised his banner in the region before passing on due to a mysterious illness.

Chapter 2: King Dafydd's Rule Begins

Dafydd was crowned new King of Wales, and Welsh expansion soon began to halt temporarily. Dafydd, showing that he was more than a conqueror, began a nationwide focus on building up the infrastructure of the vast lands he now ruled. Everything from Cornwall in the South, to Oxford in the East, to Cumberland in the North was under Welsh dominion. Prince Edward of England soon departed for the Ninth Crusade, giving King Dafydd time to accomplish his goal of building defenses and expanding the economies of his new lands.

Wales and Scotland announce an alliance. William Wallace emerges and induces fright in the remaining English and Norwegian lords of the North. King Dafydd feels his position continue to strengthen, and turns his attention to building up a navy. Welsh fleets soon dominate the Irish sea and blockade the remaining English ports in Ireland. However, Edward returned from his Crusade and is crowned King Edward I. The new king begins planning to retake lands that are now in King Dafydd's hands, and has a big army of Knights Templar at his back.

Chapter 3: The Battle of Kingsroad

The inevitable battle happens on the road between Chester and Lancaster. King Dafydd surprises King Edward, and has extra reinforcements from the North. The Welsh and English army stare each other down while Dafydd places his reinforcements on his right flank, angling them towards Edward's forces. Edward finally moves, English longbowmen and Templar crossbows running in range of the Welsh archers. The Welsh advantage in arrows created some chaos in the English army, and most of the longbows and half the crossbows were lost in the first large skirmish.

King Dafydd then executes the second part of his skirmish plan, marching his two units of javelin skirmishers towards Edward's weakened front line. With the added javelins the archers march forward, getting in range of the rest of the English army now. Both flanks begin to cave in for Edward. Dafydd realizes he is outnumbered on horse, and the heavy armor on the rest of Edward's Templar forces shows him that his arrows will be less effective. So he begins the charge.

Most of the Welsh infantry is lightly armored, and Dafydd knew that many would die to defend their new lands. He uses his weaker melee units to do as much damage to King Edward's line as possible, keeping his own heavy infantry back for the moment. The rangers used the rest of their ammo during the melee, but most of the Welsh melee was cut down and routed. It looked like Edward could still come out on top, but he was still outnumbered, and the English cavalry superiority was now evened out.

The final Welsh charge began. The rangers pulling out their melee weapons now. Dafydd used his numbers to run his remaining infantry around the remaining English, surrounding Edward's forces, using his remaining heavy infantry as the anchor of the final charge. Edward keeps his final guards outside of the Welsh circle, and charges into the rear of a Welsh archer. Edward soon found Dafydd's own cavalry smashing into his rear flank. King Dafydd then slew King Edward in a one on one melee. The very few remaining English soldiers instantly surrendered. The battle had largely been even. 700 Welsh fell in the Battle of Kings. But they took an equal number of English with them, more importantly, powerful Templar units. The largest victory that day was felling King Edward, which left King Dafydd of Wales the undisputed power of the region.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 05:23:06 PM by ThePsychoticSir » Logged

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #519 on: June 09, 2013, 02:51:35 PM »

Dragon Quest IX and Fire Emblem Awakening are sucking all my time
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #520 on: June 09, 2013, 03:53:13 PM »

Dragon Quest IX and Fire Emblem Awakening are sucking all my time

As they are wont to do.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #521 on: June 09, 2013, 05:47:41 PM »

Chapter 4: The Sack of York

After the dust settled from the Battle of Kingsroad Lord Ieuan began to mobilize once more. In a rather memorable battle against the English Lord Edward Dangerfyld, Lord Ieuan ordered his catapult to open fire on the English line. The first stone that the catapult fired smashed into Lord Edward, killing him instantly. Lord Edward was the first casualty of this skirmish for Oxford. Lord Ieuan emerged victorious and kept the fortified center under Welsh control.

After Lord Ieuan's victory King Dafydd began to mobilize for a force of his own and marched on the English stronghold of York. With Edward out of the way and his defensive lines holding it was time to strike! The Welsh king's forces broke through the border defenses and took York with little trouble, sacking the rich haven in the process.

Chapter 5: The English Marches

Even with King Edward dead the English did not give up on their goal to take back control and conquer the Welsh. Small strike teams penetrated into Welsh territory, being beaten away from Oxford continually by Lord Ieuan. A young English Lord Alan Hayway almost made it to ancestral Welsh borders, from before the marches of Llywelyn. Lord Alan was stopped by a young Welsh Lord Meilir Idwal, and a battle occurred near Shrewsbury Castle. Lord Alan fought valiantly but the Welsh lines held and the English noble fell in battle.

Every Lord the English sent to take back their cities from the Welsh fell in battle, it was a true slaughter. More men fell to King Dafydd's sword as they tried to retake York. Another English Lord, Walter of Glastonbury, began a siege of the Welsh garrison at Gloucester. The Welsh Lord in charge of the defenses was Tiernan of Bangor. Both lords fell in battle, and Gloucester remained under Welsh dominion.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #522 on: June 09, 2013, 06:52:55 PM »

Started Atelier Totori. After all these false starts and games I wasn't in love with, I needed something familiar, easy, colorful, girlish, relaxing, casual, and pleasing on the eyes.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #523 on: June 09, 2013, 07:08:38 PM »

I finished Lollipop Chainsaw with the good ending last night. I had a lot of fun with it, and enjoy Suda51's campy attitude in his storytelling. Not sure if I will go back to clean up the achievements, but it was worth the time.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #524 on: June 09, 2013, 07:38:22 PM »

Started Assassin's Creed Revelations last night. Just working on the online stuff. I had planned on leaving the game sealed on the shelf but a friend needed one more for the online. Now i am obligated to go back to it and do the single player stuff... Going to try and wrap up the online later tonight.

Tossed Midway Arcade Origins in. All i had left was reach level 5 in Joust 2 and 1CC the first stage of Smash TV. I tried for probably an hour each last time i played. This time Joust 2 took me 4-5 attempts and Smash TV took 2. Another game gets shelved for good now.

Finished all but 1 achievement in Gunpowder Win8 yesterday. The last one is glitched/unobtainable. Hopefully it gets patched. While i have enjoyed it as a cool little puzzler i am hoping no more DLC comes out.

Still have 1 stage left in Monster Burner to get the 3 orbs on. I got close the other night by using monster speed up potions and flame waves. Makes the monsters rush on screen and the flame wave travels the entirety of the stage killing them. Since those are consumables though i decided to finish maxing some of my other stats before attempting again.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length