RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2024, 11:20:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 1041902 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2880 on: June 26, 2014, 03:11:33 PM »

Well hell, I need to do my research before I open my mouth. For some reason, I assumed everyone else but me lived in the density that is the land east of the Mississippi. Smiley Must have been all the time I spent talking with the few people I knew on here when I first joined years ago. I see Canada on your profile and I incorrectly think Great lakes/French-speaking Canada, but are we talking Edmonton, Calgary, or maybe Vancouver? Forgive my ignorance, my knowledge of Major Canadian Cities is limited to those with Hockey teams in the NHL.

Those are the only Canadian cities that count, excluding Toronto... Boy do our teams stink!

Crabby's fairly far north in BC. Very scenic and pretty up there though.

That's the first time I've been called scenic. I hear pretty all the time though.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2881 on: June 26, 2014, 03:21:27 PM »

One of these days I'll stop by your area Crabby. EA Canada's based in Vancouver.
I see you knocked out another LEGO title there, mumbo. Gratz.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2882 on: June 26, 2014, 04:10:38 PM »

[quote

Arctic Circle Wink

Fixed.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2883 on: June 26, 2014, 06:22:50 PM »

I really need to learn more about Canada.  I have a hard time comprehending that there are that many people living close together that far north up into Canada. In fact, when I lived near Billings, Montana, I used to work repairing oil and gas wells in and around the Great Falls area, and just going that far north felt like I was super far away from civilization. How hot does it get in the summer on the hottest day being that far north?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:04:55 PM by Boshamp » Logged

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2884 on: June 26, 2014, 08:08:58 PM »

We have gotten the rare summer day that comes awfully close to 100 degrees F, but the highest we get is usually about 90 F. Got up to about 75 here today.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:11:44 PM by EngineerMike » Logged

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2885 on: June 26, 2014, 08:17:04 PM »

I really need to learn more about Canada.  I have a hard time comprehending that there are that many people living close together that far north up into Canada. In fact, when I lived near Billings, Montana, I used to work repairing oil and gas wells in and around the Great Falls area, and just going that far north felt like I was super far away from civilization. How hot does it get in the summer on the hottest day being that far north?

most of canada's population is right along the border with the USA, once you start going farther north there's the odd big city but for the most part it's fairly unsettled as far as i know.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2886 on: June 26, 2014, 08:28:29 PM »

Are you near Crabby, Mike? Or are you in a different part of Canada?

EDIT: Wow...ask and you shall receive. I ask a question about Canada and it is like a bat signal to all Gamer-nadians on the site to log in and respond to my call for help. ha ha ha. You guys rock.

(Gamer-nadians = Canadian gamers) Did that work for anyone? Just typed it in like it was a real word not thinking about it, but is it too cliche? Anyone shaking their head reading it? Smiley
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:32:47 PM by Boshamp » Logged

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2887 on: June 26, 2014, 08:29:29 PM »

Think we have 3 members in BC that I know of... I've sent packages to BC every year we've had Secret Santa. Wink

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2888 on: June 26, 2014, 11:10:05 PM »

Are you near Crabby, Mike? Or are you in a different part of Canada?

EDIT: Wow...ask and you shall receive. I ask a question about Canada and it is like a bat signal to all Gamer-nadians on the site to log in and respond to my call for help. ha ha ha. You guys rock.

(Gamer-nadians = Canadian gamers) Did that work for anyone? Just typed it in like it was a real word not thinking about it, but is it too cliche? Anyone shaking their head reading it? Smiley

Love it! That's what we should start calling ourselves.

Even though all this Canada love has been pretty cool, have been any scores today?

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
TheBoss
Sega CD
Denmark

Stats
« Reply #2889 on: June 27, 2014, 02:31:50 AM »

One Ring to rule them all! evilhappy
Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria (US) Collector's Edition PC, 2008.
[img width=700 height=548]http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn159/TheBoss2/Game%20Collection/LOTRO_71.jpg[/img]
Spoiler (hover to show)

Collector Edition Contains:
•30 Days Free Play
•3 In-game Item Tokens
•Digital Community Badge
•Mines of Moria Cloth Map
•Collectible Gift item - Gold Plated Replica of the One Ring
•Exclusive Compilation of The Lord of the Rings Online Art and Music
•Starter Guide
•And more!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 02:33:46 AM by TheBoss » Logged

Amiga and PC gamer/collector
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2890 on: June 27, 2014, 02:48:07 AM »

@Boshamp - Mike lives in the same city as me. He comes and hangs out at the store fairly often. And Techwizard is correct. Most of the population live pretty south in the Country near the border. The further north you go the less civilization there is. Prince George where I live is known as a hub for northern BC and we are not all that big (around 80k population).

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2891 on: June 27, 2014, 09:37:48 AM »

Yeah and the city is barely big enough for the both of us, so we live on opposite ends of it from each other, to keep the peace.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2892 on: June 27, 2014, 11:39:31 AM »

80,000 is still pretty big. The largest city between me and the Canadian border is Billings, Montana. There aren't any other cities in all of Wyoming or Montana with 80,000 or more people. I had always thought it was all just thick forestry inhabited by people living in log cabins once you got too far north. Smiley After looking into it, your city seems to be the only one that big up that far, and given the environment around you, I understand why. I am just happy to know everything I learned about Canada from my friends Matt Stone and Trey Parker is WAY off. Wink

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2893 on: June 27, 2014, 11:51:27 AM »

^ The Canada part from Stick of Truth was unreal. So freakin funny.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2894 on: June 27, 2014, 12:41:48 PM »

I am just happy to know everything I learned about Canada from my friends Matt Stone and Trey Parker is WAY off. Wink

Except the Kraft Dinner part.

Anyway here's my morning score. Had to add the longbox Twisted Metal to my recently neglected longbox collection.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g436/gpro83/20140627_121420_zps0bytoedk.jpg[/img]

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length