RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2024, 03:17:43 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 1043994 times)
h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2550 on: June 06, 2014, 05:53:15 PM »

TheBoss you've been posting some great stuff. Love the spoiler pics too!

I'd say $15 is a good deal for the box. I'd be happy with getting the system for that Smiley
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2551 on: June 06, 2014, 07:06:02 PM »

Hey all! I have some sad news I personally will not be getting much (I know I have said something along the lines of this in the past but anyways)....I am taking a break for a while as I need to focus my money elsewhere BUT BUT BUT I will still post in here and if I ever do come across some really cheap stuff or stuff in trades I will most certainly post.  I am NOT disappearing from this here.  The good news is my brother is going to be most of the buying for a while (while it might not be much).  Like for instance today he bought some really good goodies mostly at thrift stores (which is are best finding spots lately..see previous posts).   I will still be his chauffeur and engel's as well.  I just need to take a break for a while as I have bills to settle up and I need to save money as well as I might be moving down the road. Also keep an eye as we will be posting somethings up for sale as he gets things or if I find things cheap as well (like $.25 to $5.00).  I still do have a working order with Tynstar so I'll post those as they come as well.  AND I have a trade with my good buddy H1ghw1nd in the works (also one of my best customers ;-) >>)

SO here is what we (he) got in our short travels today -

*Half Price Books (HPB):
-Halo: The Fall of Reach - $1.00
-Creating Adventure Games On Your Computer - $2.00

*Thrift Store #1:
-Mickey's 123's - CIB (Original Release - I have the "Second Release") - $1.00 

*Thrift Store #2:
-Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius vs. Jimmy Negatron - CIB (Game is still sealed inside) - $1.00

*Goodwill
-Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2001
-Who Wants To Be A Millionaire 2nd Edition - Found out mine from last week was missing this copy - So she gave it to me for FREE

*Thrift Store #3
-Triple Play 97 - CIB - PS1 - $1.00 (Says $3.00 on tag but she said a buck)

*Salvation Army
-Warcraft II Battlenet Edition - $1.00 (Will be for $SALE$)

*Thrift Store #4
-Sega Genesis 3 - CIB (FINALLY!! - Now all I need is the first Genesis in box (or at least a box and its inserts) - $45
-SNES Manuals (Some of them will up for grabs - don't know which ones for sure) - $1.00
-Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest - CIB (Like New) - PS2 - $3.00 (I now have all of the Lord of the Rings Themed games for PS2)
-X-Squad - $1.00

*Package From Japan FINALLY lol
-Light Fantasy - Minty CIB

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/fTn9Bxy.jpg[/img]

Then after a little break my brother wanted to go to Best Buy (BB) to get some speakers for our Retro Window's PC System
and well come to find out they are doing discount BINS again so - after a total of $140 in savings from the marked down prices he got -
*Dragon Ball Z Kinect - Xbox 360
*Zone of Enders HD Collection - Xbox 360
*Mass Effect 3 Special Edition - Wii U
*Lego Batman 2 - 3DS
*Transformers Fall of Cybertron - PS3
*Ridge Racer - Vita
*Street Fighter x Tekken - Vita
*Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Vita (THIS will be for $SALE$)

[img width=700 height=933]http://i.imgur.com/lmozt3x.jpg[/img]

Be sure to check out the Small "Toy" Scores thread for the other little items we got cheap today.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2552 on: June 06, 2014, 07:31:33 PM »

Cool stuff in the mail lately...

[img width=700 height=361]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/grayghost81/IMG_20140606_200023_732-1_zpsfdb5f7f6.jpg[/img]

Muramasa (sorry Rich, I couldn't let you be the only one) and Persona 4 Arena from Leaptrade.

And then when I got home today there was a package from my good friend Steven, better known around these parts as Disposed Hero. We did a trade about a month ago where I was able to send him a ton of stuff (which helped me in my quest to clear out my house) which left him feeling like he owed me one, so to speak, so he said he'd keep an eye out for things on my want list. I would have been happy with any lesser game, but this! This I was not expecting:

[img width=700 height=748]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/grayghost81/IMG_20140606_200142_732-1_zps5b3312ae.jpg[/img]

I wish I had done an unboxing video. Luckily my wife was there to share my excitement and listen to me say "Holy shit. Holy shit." over and over again. I had written off my dreams of having the Atlus Playstation 2 subset because of this damn game but now it is in reach again!

Ya'll know this already, but Disposed Hero is the man. If you look at my wanted list, you'll see tons choice titles crossed out with his name next to them, and that doesn't even include all the goodies he sent me before he joined RFGen.

It's not every day you can say you just got your most wanted game, but I've done it twice in recent memory (Suikoden II under much less celebratory circumstances being the other instance).

I'm honestly having a "where do I go from here?" moment. That's how big this is for me.

GamerNick
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2553 on: June 06, 2014, 07:33:16 PM »

Awesome!!! I have been wanting that game as well! Very Cool! Congrats!

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #2554 on: June 06, 2014, 07:39:18 PM »

If you look at my wanted list, you'll see tons choice titles crossed out with his name next to them
I only see one game in your collection: http://www.rfgeneration.c...t81&folder=Collection
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2555 on: June 06, 2014, 07:42:05 PM »

If you look at my wanted list, you'll see tons choice titles crossed out with his name next to them
I only see one game in your collection: http://www.rfgeneration.c...t81&folder=Collection

Indeed the only game I own is Alan Wake.

Sorry, to clarify I meant my sale thread, which has my wants list at the bottom.

http://www.rfgeneration.c...m/index.php?topic=10391.0

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #2556 on: June 06, 2014, 07:50:18 PM »

Sorry, to clarify I meant my sale thread, which has my wants list at the bottom.
http://www.rfgeneration.com/forum/index.php?topic=10391.0
Ah, I see that.

Indeed the only game I own is Alan Wake.
But... what about those games you just showed?
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2557 on: June 06, 2014, 07:54:26 PM »

But... what about those games you just showed?

Those three plus about a thousand others don't actually exist until I log them into my collection here Wink

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2558 on: June 06, 2014, 07:56:05 PM »

He meant the wanted list in the forums. Wink

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2559 on: June 06, 2014, 08:07:36 PM »

Hey now,

Hey all! I have some sad news I personally will not be getting much (I know I have said something along the lines of this in the past but anyways)....I am taking a break for a while as I need to focus my money elsewhere BUT BUT BUT I will still post in here and if I ever do come across some really cheap stuff or stuff in trades I will most certainly post.  I am NOT disappearing from this here.  The good news is my brother is going to be most of the buying for a while (while it might not be much).  Like for instance today he bought some really good goodies mostly at thrift stores (which is are best finding spots lately..see previous posts).   I will still be his chauffeur and engel's as well.  I just need to take a break for a while as I have bills to settle up and I need to save money as well as I might be moving down the road. Also keep an eye as we will be posting somethings up for sale as he gets things or if I find things cheap as well (like $.25 to $5.00).  I still do have a working order with Tynstar so I'll post those as they come as well.  AND I have a trade with my good buddy H1ghw1nd in the works (also one of my best customers ;-) >>)

SO here is what we (he) got in our short travels today -

*Half Price Books (HPB):
-Halo: The Fall of Reach - $1.00
-Creating Adventure Games On Your Computer - $2.00

*Thrift Store #1:
-Mickey's 123's - CIB (Original Release - I have the "Second Release") - $1.00 

*Thrift Store #2:
-Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius vs. Jimmy Negatron - CIB (Game is still sealed inside) - $1.00

*Goodwill
-Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2001
-Who Wants To Be A Millionaire 2nd Edition - Found out mine from last week was missing this copy - So she gave it to me for FREE

*Thrift Store #3
-Triple Play 97 - CIB - PS1 - $1.00 (Says $3.00 on tag but she said a buck)

*Salvation Army
-Warcraft II Battlenet Edition - $1.00 (Will be for $SALE$)

*Thrift Store #4
-Sega Genesis 3 - CIB (FINALLY!! - Now all I need is the first Genesis in box (or at least a box and its inserts) - $45
-SNES Manuals (Some of them will up for grabs - don't know which ones for sure) - $1.00
-Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest - CIB (Like New) - PS2 - $3.00 (I now have all of the Lord of the Rings Themed games for PS2)
-X-Squad - $1.00

*Package From Japan FINALLY lol
-Light Fantasy - Minty CIB

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/fTn9Bxy.jpg[/img]

Then after a little break my brother wanted to go to Best Buy (BB) to get some speakers for our Retro Window's PC System
and well come to find out they are doing discount BINS again so - after a total of $140 in savings from the marked down prices he got -
*Dragon Ball Z Kinect - Xbox 360
*Zone of Enders HD Collection - Xbox 360
*Mass Effect 3 Special Edition - Wii U
*Lego Batman 2 - 3DS
*Transformers Fall of Cybertron - PS3
*Ridge Racer - Vita
*Street Fighter x Tekken - Vita
*Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Vita (THIS will be for $SALE$)

[img width=700 height=933]http://i.imgur.com/lmozt3x.jpg[/img]

Be sure to check out the Small "Toy" Scores thread for the other little items we got cheap today.

All I ask is that you keep that cat fed.

Best of luck to ya...

'Late
RetroExplorer
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #2560 on: June 06, 2014, 11:30:14 PM »

A box showed up today from Tynstar with one expected item and one unexpected.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/JenIUFi.jpg[/img]

I was totally thinking about getting that box. I have a the boxed power pad that goes to that.
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2561 on: June 07, 2014, 12:40:55 AM »

Finally got a PS3, not sure if I'll ever use it.  With my discount I only paid $35, so not a bad deal right?

Plus, Blazing Lazers!  My first REAL TG-16 game.  Keith Courage doesn't count.

[img width=700 height=933]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w365/adsanislo/20140606_223720_zpsbf8c9c2a.jpg[/img]

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2562 on: June 07, 2014, 01:20:48 AM »

Great pick up on Blazing Lazers!! I agree that Keith Courage doesn't count. That a great game as your first Smiley

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2563 on: June 07, 2014, 01:29:41 AM »

But I loved Keith Courage....then again...I only ever got to experience Keith Courage, Bonk's Adventure, Yo Bro, and Tv Sports Basketball, so I probably missed out on a lot. Yo Bro still holds a place as one of my favorite games of all time.

GamerNick
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2564 on: June 07, 2014, 03:45:26 AM »

Hey now,

All I ask is that you keep that cat fed.

Best of luck to ya...

'Late

Don't worry Mr. Norch we keep all 5 cats fed the one in the pic is one of 3 of our gaming cats - this one in particular likes taking photos with games.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length