RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 28, 2024, 05:24:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 47 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 1054461 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1230 on: January 08, 2014, 05:34:07 PM »

I also received some games from the Senseiman Express. Again, if you are looking for Famicom games at a good price, senseiman is the guy. Shipping takes a few weeks, but the prices and service are super worth it. I think this is my 4th or 5th dealing with him:

Labyrinth
Circus Charlie
New Ghostbusters 2
Aso
Galaxian
Square's Tom Sawyer

[img width=700 height=522]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y359/necrom99/91361E3B-4472-4F13-8CDF-B249652EABAD_zpsgbryvtqf.jpg[/img]

Blcklblskt also sent me some games that got here super speedy, including:

Dough Boy (Fami)
Doraemon (Fami)
NES Classic Series: Ice Climber (GBA)
Kirby's Avalance (SNES)

These games arrived super quick. Sorry that I neglected to snap a pic before putting them in my collection. With the addition of these Famicom titles, I am now over 100! Smiley

I also picked this up for a nice deal near my parent's home this past weekend:

[img width=700 height=522]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y359/necrom99/7B140DC7-DD3B-473A-8797-9CE87A9A3E9A_zpspxeuuabg.jpg[/img]

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1231 on: January 08, 2014, 11:08:54 PM »

I've mentioned before that I keep a post up at work that I am looking for old video games. It pays off from time to time, and today was one of those. One of the guys that worked security was nice enough to just bring all this in today and give it to me! Cheesy

Playstation console in official bag, and a Guncon!
[img width=700 height=525]http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/jackcrow2000/IMG_1554_zps79915fd4.jpg[/img]

All of these games, and the guide were all in another bag.
[img width=700 height=525]http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/jackcrow2000/IMG_1555_zps68962db0.jpg[/img]
[img width=700 height=525]http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/jackcrow2000/IMG_1556_zpsf0f0383c.jpg[/img]

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1232 on: January 08, 2014, 11:37:34 PM »

Wait, there's an existing Atari Game Center that has the plastic shell intact, without damage?

I know my old one had a huge hole in the top. Its like everybody attacked them with hammers during the Video Game Crash.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
TheSaintOfPain
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #1233 on: January 09, 2014, 12:41:58 AM »

That's one hell of a score. Assuming you didn't have a 2600 or any games before this score, that's a great starter kit. If you start enjoying it, I'd be happy to recommend some games once you get back on your feet. Sorry to hear about your job, but keep the positive outlook.
Nice 2600 lot Saint. Good luck on finding a job.
Thanks guys.  It really does mean a lot.  Cheesy I WILL be back on my feet before too long, though.  I'm gonna make sure of that.  And Banana, everything but a few of the games - the Imagic carts, the Asteroids with the pic label, Super Breakout, The Towering Inferno, Football, and Yar's Revenge - came with the lot.  The ones I did have were a part of a lot of games I picked up a while back that also had some NES and Genesis games.  And, technically, this is my second Atari 2600, as my aunt gave me one when I was about 10 or 11 that belonged to my cousins.  However, when I got it home, plugged it in, and turned it on, all I got was a loud *POP* and a lot of smoke.  Undecided Being so young and completely ignorant of how electronics actually work, much less on how to fix any of it, I simply threw it away.  (Feel free to cringe and curse me.  I can take it.)  This one is the first one I've had that actually works, though.
Wait, there's an existing Atari Game Center that has the plastic shell intact, without damage?
I should have taken pics the first time around (don't know why it slipped my mind Tongue), but it does have a couple of the corners missing, on the right side if you're looking at it from the front, and a crack on the left back corner as well.  The rest of the Center is in great condition, though, and as long as the top still sits on it and keeps it covered, I'm not complaining.  Smiley
I know my old one had a huge hole in the top. Its like everybody attacked them with hammers during the Video Game Crash.
That seems about right.  Wink  This is actually the best looking one I've personally ever seen, though most of those have been online.  I've only seen one out in the wild locally, and it was missing the plastic cover.

Just Take A Look Around And What Do You See?
Pain, Suffering, And Misery.
It's Not The Way The World Was Planned;
It's A Pity You Don't Understand.

--Black Sabbath, "Killing Yourself To Live"
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1234 on: January 09, 2014, 12:58:45 AM »

Hey now,

Kokoro Scan is one of the few remnants of Cinematech left on the web [...] You ask it a question, and it uses the microphone to determine stress and other emotions in your voice to give you an answer.

I figured from the illustrations in the manual that the mic was a vital part of the game. Thanks for the clarification on that.

I also received some games from the Senseiman Express. Again, if you are looking for Famicom games at a good price, senseiman is the guy. Shipping takes a few weeks, but the prices and service are super worth it. I think this is my 4th or 5th dealing with him:

Labyrinth
Circus Charlie
New Ghostbusters 2
Aso
Galaxian
Square's Tom Sawyer

[img width=700 height=522]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y359/necrom99/91361E3B-4472-4F13-8CDF-B249652EABAD_zpsgbryvtqf.jpg[/img]

About Square's Tom Sawyer: does he get high on you, or what?

I've mentioned before that I keep a post up at work that I am looking for old video games. It pays off from time to time, and today was one of those. One of the guys that worked security was nice enough to just bring all this in today and give it to me! Cheesy

Playstation console in official bag, and a Guncon!
[img width=700 height=525]http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/jackcrow2000/IMG_1554_zps79915fd4.jpg[/img]

I was hoping a different firearm had gotten to you by now. God, what's taking them so long?!

All right, a little "me" time...

[img width=700 height=401]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y409/Zagnorch/Score1-8-2014a_zps6eae889a.jpg[/img]

- Loose Blue DS Lite with Pokemon Black Version and Lego Harry Potter cards, $25.99

- CIB PS1 games, $1.99 each:

- Covert Ops Nuclear Dawn
  - Fighting Force 2
  - Mega Man 8 Anniversary Edition

- Other CIB games:

- Heroes of the Pacific (XBox), $1.95
  - Legaia 2: Duel Saga (PS2), $1.95
  - Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PS2), $3.99
  - Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings (DS), $3.99

- Lit:

- VizKids Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap manga, $0.99
  - Super Mario Bros.: Trapped in the Perilous Pit Golden Look-Look Book, $0.99

Now it's time to show off the heavy hitters of today's thrift-crawl haul:

[img width=700 height=340]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y409/Zagnorch/Score1-8-2014b_zpsc340e80c.jpg[/img]

- Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes (Player's Choice / no manual), $3.99
- CIB Final Fantasy VII (Greatest Hits), $2.99

Aaaand finally:

- CIB Skies of Arcadia Legends, $3.99: Cool, now I have two of these! I keep this up, and I'll corner the market for sure!  Cheesy

'Late
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1235 on: January 09, 2014, 08:58:27 AM »

After waiting TOO long to grab a copy of Earthbound that Crabmaster had at his store, I decided to pull the trigger, only to get down there and see a guy buying it. I decided to get an equally valuable Saturn game after that:

[img width=700 height=933]http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag478/michaelrancourt/IMG_11241_zps9daac9f8.jpg[/img]

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1236 on: January 09, 2014, 09:33:52 AM »

Two great Saturn games there mike! Also X7 is one of my faves. 

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1237 on: January 09, 2014, 09:38:32 AM »

I don't know if I mentioned it to you Mike, but Werewolf is pretty good too.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1238 on: January 09, 2014, 09:47:49 AM »

@Mike call me crazy but I'd rather have Magic Knight Rayearth than Earthbound. Look at that cover art! Btw the game is awesome, as is the show, which can be found on youtube. Color me a little jealous.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1239 on: January 09, 2014, 10:28:48 AM »

Wow, seeing Mike's score makes me really want to get a Saturn.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GamerNick
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1240 on: January 09, 2014, 11:52:56 AM »

I don't know if I mentioned it to you Mike, but Werewolf is pretty good too.
[/quote]

I totally agree with Crabby Werewolf is pretty cool and so is Faxandau.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
GamerNick
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1241 on: January 09, 2014, 11:54:31 AM »

Wow, seeing Mike's score makes me really want to get a Saturn.

Fleach! I can try to find you one around here I can try and price them out from store to store and let you know.  Saturn has some pretty sweet titles in their library some are kind of pricey but you can get some really good games at a decent price as well. 

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1242 on: January 09, 2014, 12:07:56 PM »

With all the sudden Saturn love, I can't help but think about how proud Segata Sanshiro would be of you guys, were he still with us.

Oh God, I'm getting all misty now... BRB
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1243 on: January 09, 2014, 02:02:01 PM »

incredible!!! I feel like I have been letting down Sanshiro-San all this time

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1244 on: January 09, 2014, 07:11:42 PM »

- CIB Skies of Arcadia Legends, $3.99: Cool, now I have two of these! I keep this up, and I'll corner the market for sure!  Cheesy

'Late

Crabby will be so jealous! Wink

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length