RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 28, 2024, 09:19:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 1054660 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #735 on: October 28, 2013, 10:01:39 AM »

Hey now,

Since everyone else if post I figured I would.  I got every gamers favorite sale, Buy one get one free.

[img width=617 height=1024]http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy233/Tynstar/20131023095150707_0001.jpg[/img]

See what happens when you incur the wrath of Lord Eon with your blasphemy? Now you face twice the financial and emotional strain. And, with the help of the weird psychic/empathic link all twins seem to possess, they'll inevitably drive you to the edge of insanity, then throw you right off the cliff into the endless abyss of madness.

I dont remember what I did,

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #736 on: October 28, 2013, 11:20:38 AM »

It's been a while since I checked out the small scores page. Congrats to all the new father's to be! Now you'll be reduced to struggling to finish "Fragile Dreams" for the modern playthrough just like I am.....

Anyway, I've had some good pick ups as of late. I've been getting a nice PSP collection going (....still no system) and have grabbed the following games:

Atari Classic Evolved (from dsheinem)
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
Pursuit Force
Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice

I also traded for a really nice INT lot, including an INT2 system, keyboard add on & Intellivoice, with GrayGhost81. Also got the following games:

Sea Battle
Sub Hunt
B-17 Bomber
Space Spartans
World Series MLB
Bomb Squad
Star Strike
Loco Motion
Hang On/Astro Warrior (SMS)
Zillion II (SMS)

Thanks buddy!

Some of you know that I also have a small side business finding and restoring pinball machines. I picked this one up bright and early yesterday morning. After a few tweaks, I've already got it up and going. I'll post some after photos after I really get it *blinged* out:

[img width=700 height=933]http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y359/necrom99/Gladiators/Gladitors_zps1ea72e1a.jpg[/img]

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #737 on: October 28, 2013, 11:49:16 AM »

Ooo, a Gottlieb table. I don't think I've really ever played an older one, and Gladiators isn't one I'm familiar with.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #738 on: October 28, 2013, 01:34:33 PM »

This one is actually from 1993, so it is close to one of their last (closed pinball operations in 1996). Only about 2k made. Solid state Gottlieb machines were pretty terrible and wrought with problems; however, the later models like this one, the System 3, were really well-made and are tanks when it comes to having issues. Gottlieb by far made the best EMs up to the late 70's. This one is a lot of fun. I'll probably buy it if my friend ever wants to sell it down the road.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #739 on: October 28, 2013, 09:32:22 PM »

Had another excellent night of finds.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/KEc3xV7.jpg[/img]

Heard good things about this Hulk game. I've been wanting to get Metroid Fusion for ages. Plus, Gargoyle's Quest! Uncharted Waters! This is also the first copy of Ikari III I've ever seen that wasn't in abysmal condition. It's darn near pristine!

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #740 on: October 28, 2013, 09:40:17 PM »

Wow, yeah you did! Nice finds!

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #741 on: October 28, 2013, 10:36:32 PM »

This one is actually from 1993, so it is close to one of their last (closed pinball operations in 1996). Only about 2k made. Solid state Gottlieb machines were pretty terrible and wrought with problems; however, the later models like this one, the System 3, were really well-made and are tanks when it comes to having issues. Gottlieb by far made the best EMs up to the late 70's. This one is a lot of fun. I'll probably buy it if my friend ever wants to sell it down the road.

1993? The design harkens back to the early to mid 80s. Williams designed much more ornate machines in the 90s.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #742 on: October 29, 2013, 06:28:12 AM »

[img width=700 height=473]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/grayghost81/IMG_20131028_200458_898-1_zps89aed02d.jpg[/img]

Another Harvest Moon game from Goozex.

Legend of Mana and Parasite Eve, both in incredible condition, from VGFive.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #743 on: October 29, 2013, 08:39:40 AM »

1993? The design harkens back to the early to mid 80s. Williams designed much more ornate machines in the 90s.

Uh yeah.....imagine: This machine was competing with the likes of Twilight Zone..... no wonder Gottlieb went under.

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #744 on: October 29, 2013, 04:21:27 PM »

Hey now,

Hey now,

Since everyone else if post I figured I would.  I got every gamers favorite sale, Buy one get one free.

[img width=617 height=1024]http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy233/Tynstar/20131023095150707_0001.jpg[/img]

See what happens when you incur the wrath of Lord Eon with your blasphemy? Now you face twice the financial and emotional strain. And, with the help of the weird psychic/empathic link all twins seem to possess, they'll inevitably drive you to the edge of insanity, then throw you right off the cliff into the endless abyss of madness.

I dont remember what I did,

That's what happens when you get drunk, you forget things. Which is why you're in your present predicament. It's just like the PSA tells you: Think when you drink.

All right, back to the good stuff:

[img width=682 height=545]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y409/Zagnorch/Score10-29-2013a_zps0d211d38.jpg[/img]

- Sealed Ni no Kuni (Greatest Hits) for PS3, $9.99: Other than a chunk taken out of the case, and some ripped wraparound cover, this thing's just peachy-keen.

[img width=343 height=430]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y409/Zagnorch/Score10-29-2013b_zpsaa3905f2.jpg[/img]

- Sealed GUN Showdown or PSP, $5.49 $4.49

- CIB Gears of War Limited Collector's Edition set, $5.99: A replacement for the slightly more-off-condition, less-than-complete one I own.

- CIB Zapper, $1.95

- Four CIB DS games, $5.99 each:New Super Mario Bros., LoZ: Phantom Hourglass, Final Fantasy III, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

- Sealed Krull card game, $1.49: a quirky find that I felt was worth grabbing for some reason.

Finally, there's the big non-gaming score:

[img width=289 height=358]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y409/Zagnorch/Score10-15-2013d_zpsf56450dd.jpg?t=1382994540[/img]

If I'm not mistaken, this is an Emmy screener for the Big Bang Theory sitcom. The DVD case-holder thingy unfolds into a four-sided pop-up-book-style diorama of the show's most notable indoor locations:

[img width=700 height=381]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y409/Zagnorch/BigBang1_zpse3351aa7.jpg[/img]

[img width=675 height=364]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y409/Zagnorch/BigBang2_zps28fa55bd.jpg[/img]

[img width=694 height=369]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y409/Zagnorch/BigBang3_zps3f89339c.jpg[/img]

[img width=653 height=398]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y409/Zagnorch/BigBang4_zps62a67e0f.jpg[/img]

Not too shabby for ten quarters, don't you think? Now I'm done Christmas shopping for my best friend...

All right, back to you.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #745 on: October 29, 2013, 04:24:14 PM »

Dude............if you have any interest in selling/trading those Krull cards, let the Banana know. I have the board game on it's way to my house right now. Big, big Krull fan. Smiley

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #746 on: October 29, 2013, 04:45:13 PM »

Probably why Gottleib died.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #747 on: October 29, 2013, 05:48:27 PM »

I don't know why, but I cannot stand that Big Bang Theory show. I guess I'm not nerd enough to get it? I love me my video games but I never played Magic the Gathering, played D & D or even enjoyed the Star Wars movies. I guess I lost some street cred.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #748 on: October 29, 2013, 06:20:40 PM »

I don't know why, but I cannot stand that Big Bang Theory show. I guess I'm not nerd enough to get it? I love me my video games but I never played Magic the Gathering, played D & D or even enjoyed the Star Wars movies. I guess I lost some street cred.

The only people I know of that like Big Bang Theory aren't real nerds. They just don't understand.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #749 on: October 29, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »

I think the show's fairly funny at times, but I don't like it enough to watch more than a couple episodes a year. I'll usually catch it at my friend's place every few months, and that's about it. Speaking of shows I can't stand: a couple of the promo blurbs on the diorama likened Big Bang Theory's cast chemistry to that of Seinfeld and Friends. If there's one way to get me to NOT watch a show, is compare it to Seinfeld and Friends.

Otherwise, commercial airline disaster documentaries and World's Dumbest are pretty much the only currently-running shows I watch. I pretty much gave up on TV in the late '90s; the last show I watched with any regularity was The Pretender. I'll check out some new stuff from time to time, but I always come away feeling like haven't been missing all that much. The internet has far more entertainment value than the boob tube, anyway.

'Late
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length