RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 18, 2024, 03:15:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 1051205 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2013, 09:05:51 AM »

Yesterday I finally found the copy of Persona 3 FES I was looking for locally for $18. Also picked up a copy of Activision Anthology (PS2) for $6.

Called a guy last night about a pinball machine about 1.5 hours away. We talked on the phone and he was a super nice guy. He sent me some pics (very nice machine, only a few issues) and I offered to come grab it for $325. He responded with the following message, "Let's make it 250 to help cover your gas." Yeah.......that happened.  I'll be driving down to pick up this beauty tonight:

http://vimeo.com/32761923#at=3

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2013, 09:11:06 AM »

Nice Jedi mind trick Banana! I need to learn your ways so I can get guys to offer me less money and think it was their idea.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2013, 09:12:00 AM »

Holy hell, I can pick out most of those sound effects - they're all ripped from Defender, a Williams arcade title. This table looks to be heavily influenced by Black Knight - it's the same series of table, right?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2013, 09:29:41 AM »

Nice Jedi mind trick Banana! I need to learn your ways so I can get guys to offer me less money and think it was their idea.

For me, it's really about contacting the person and developing some dialogue with them. Most sellers have no knowledge of pinball machines and often no idea what the "going rate" for them is (this can be to your advantage, but often very bad, since they think they are all worth thousands).  I like to be fair and give them an idea of what a machine usually sells for on average (Boston pinball price guide) and then figure out what my worse case scenario is (usually buying new boards) depending on the symptoms they give me and the overall cosmetic condition of the machine (i.e. backglass, playfield, plastics, and cabinet). I think my offer was very fair for both of us considering this machine usually averages around $500 working up to $1300 in stellar condition. I sent a nice email with my offer after our conversation and looking at the pictures, and he responded in kind with an amount he was comfortable getting out of it. I would say that this seller is not typical, but over the years I have found that there are more good people out there than bad. I missed out on two really good machines this past week because I was out-of-town, so this is the karma gods smiling down on me.

I'll just move up to Canada, bring my machines, and be your pinball tech Crabby. Smiley

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2013, 09:36:22 AM »

Holy hell, I can pick out most of those sound effects - they're all ripped from Defender, a Williams arcade title. This table looks to be heavily influenced by Black Knight - it's the same series of table, right?

You are right Shadow, it's a Williams just like Black Knight and Defender. Black Knight also came out in 1981 and Defender 1982, so they used lots of the same sounds. So in actuality, Defender sounds might have been ripped from Jungle Lord/Black Knight.  Like Black Knight, Jungle Lord has an upper playfield which is really cool. I love the bagatelle on the left side that you have to finish to light multi-ball, and the series of resetting smart drop targets up there remind me of Bally's Medusa, a very cool early solid state game. Check out the Magna Saves on the side outlanes when the ball goes toward them; you can throw the ball away from the drains with magnets controlled by a second button near the flippers on each side....super cool.

Spoke to the owner a few minutes ago. All systems go. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 09:51:58 AM by singlebanana » Logged

GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2013, 10:07:37 AM »

My brother got a couple of things in the mail yesterday nothing to extreme again.

All from eBay

-Who Framed Roger Rabbit - IBM - Complete with 5.25 and 3.5 floppy's the poster which I guess is hard to find. 
-MK4 N64 Manual now mine is complete
-King's Knight NES Manual - now my copy is 100% complete with poster.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab172/niceguy1283/100_4689_zpsf9ce1cad.jpg[/img]

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2013, 03:40:31 PM »

2 packages showed up today from 2 of my good buddies here on RF, GamerNick and Duke Togo.  Also, I was on vacation at the time and wasn't really thinking straight with all of that sun and I bought a copy of MLB Baseball from both of them.  Dirp.

[img width=700 height=524]http://i.imgur.com/OjaR9i9.jpg[/img]

Almost every game is pristine.  Nick hooked me up with the Return of the Joker cart to complete the box and manual that Duke had previously given me in the "Great Little Samson Trade of 2013"

Also picked up an F pin to phono for my 2600 today just to make sure it works before I order my S-Video mod kit.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 03:42:46 PM by wildbil52 » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2013, 03:44:22 PM »

Also picked up an F pin to phono for my 2600 today just to make sure it works before I order my S-Video mod kit.

PM me some specifics about this. I have a few 2600s lying around that I wouldn't mind experimenting with. Smiley

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2013, 04:32:01 PM »

2 packages showed up today from 2 of my good buddies here on RF, GamerNick and Duke Togo.  Also, I was on vacation at the time and wasn't really thinking straight with all of that sun and I bought a copy of MLB Baseball from both of them.  Dirp.

[img width=700 height=524]http://i.imgur.com/OjaR9i9.jpg[/img]

Almost every game is pristine.  Nick hooked me up with the Return of the Joker cart to complete the box and manual that Duke had previously given me in the "Great Little Samson Trade of 2013"

MLB are variants. Don't complain. ^.^

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2013, 04:38:27 PM »

Life gave me lemons and I'm enjoying the lemonade.

GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2013, 04:47:21 PM »

Life gave me lemons and I'm enjoying the lemonade.

Glad everything arrived okay! You got some great titles from duke as well!  I can't wait to buy the ones I need from him!  Thanks again bil for buying!! Still have more if you need em! 

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2013, 04:53:23 PM »

Glad everything arrived in good shape, and will enjoy a good life in a cardboard loving home. Wink

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2013, 05:02:29 PM »

Nice Return of the Joker. That's one of my most wanted remaining NES games.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2013, 05:04:54 PM »

Didn't realize.  At least it's not super expensive.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2013, 05:26:29 PM »

Didn't realize.  At least it's not super expensive.

There are quite a few games I still need at reasonable prices. Just dont come across them ever.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length