RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2024, 12:29:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 24 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 1043898 times)
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3840 on: September 28, 2014, 11:24:50 AM »

So many Hyrule Warriors, I am still trying to figure out which next-Gen console to get. Wii-U is in top spot right now.

@Gamernick, I got a copy of Myth III Big Box

@nupoile, I have definitely had to do that.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3841 on: September 28, 2014, 11:29:28 AM »

Nice pickups, folks.  Congrats on getting closer to the prize, Rage.  Those are 3 good ones right there.  Knuckles takes a bit to get your head around the controls but if you stick with it its pretty cool.

Here are the rest of the PC games from my brother in law

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/CiPWMUt.jpg[/img]

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3842 on: September 28, 2014, 12:35:38 PM »

I love Thief. I want to get a full boxed version, but the original release has some huge compatibility issues on XP and later. I bought the jewel case versions of the first two that had a patch or something to make it run well on XP.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3843 on: September 28, 2014, 02:36:37 PM »

nice PC pickups bil. i'll never understand why publishers thought trapezoid shaped boxes were a good idea.
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #3844 on: September 28, 2014, 02:56:30 PM »

I'll never understand why publishers thought trapezoid shaped boxes were a good idea.
They stand out on the shelves. People might notice and look closer.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3845 on: September 28, 2014, 03:51:46 PM »

Trapezoid boxes were popularized by Eidos and Squaresoft, which incidentally are the same company now...

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3846 on: September 28, 2014, 03:54:56 PM »

Yeah Eidos published the PC ports of FFVII and VIII so they have the same style of boxes.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3847 on: September 28, 2014, 05:21:24 PM »

I got this Donkey Kong Country Cartoon DVD from a small Canadian Company called Phase 4 Films. I love it. Brings back fond memories of my childhood. Smiley

[img width=700 height=394]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/DarkTheThief/IMG_1265_zps28e13184.png[/img]

Wow i'm pretty surprised it got a DVD rerelease.
I MIGHT still have one VHS copy left.

I think the VHS was done by Paramount hard to be certain now...

Actually, it's not the same movie. It does contain one episode from that VHS, but the other 3 episodes are different than the ones included on the VHS. It's also not presented in a movie format like that tape, it's just 4 separate episodes.

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
bsr241
N-Gage
Awards: 2014 RFGeneation Atari Activision King

Stats
« Reply #3848 on: September 28, 2014, 08:16:47 PM »

Hello folks, had to take some time off to pay a couple of unexpected bills.  Slowly getting back into the hunt starting this weekend.  Big thanks to Single Banana for the trophy and goodies for winning the Activision Challenge!  Another thanks out to Disposed Hero for DeathSmiles LE for 360.

[img width=640 height=480]http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx138/bsr241/SAM_0500_zpsadb83f9a.jpg[/img]
A collection of stuff my daughter told me they had at the store.  Need to find a printer for those rolls of photo stickers.  $30

[img width=640 height=480]http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx138/bsr241/SAM_0516_zps5a8ad44c.jpg[/img]
Was buying the PS3 game at a garage sale and lady asked if I was interested in a Genesis? Of course I am.  She brought out this box of hand held goodness. $40

Not pictured, NES, Genesis, and PSOne with 2 controllers and cords for each system.  $4 at auction today.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3849 on: September 28, 2014, 09:50:22 PM »

@bsr241: Fantastic score! If you want to part with one of those Nomad battery packs, shoot me a PM.

Slowman
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #3850 on: September 29, 2014, 01:02:55 AM »

Haven't updated in awhile (weeks... more than a month?) so here's the last few months of my NES pickups.  I've been looking for games that are fun to play and fun to watch (streaming). 

Earthbound Zero, Shadow of the Ninja, Ninja Gaiden III and Shatterhand were bought from a friend who was selling a few choice games off once he abandoned his plans to complete a licensed NES set.  He's scaling down to 500-550 games but was at one point a few dozen away from a complete set.  His collection started in the 90's and I don't think he's on this forum.  Price was fair for both him and me but I paid under market and got some choice titles.

Faxanadu came from a local retro game store, $3.99.

StarTropics and TMNT III: The Manhattan Project were trades from my Facebook trading group.  I sent the other person some PSP games that they were having trouble finding but were in my trade pile.

Monster Party and Ghosts 'n Goblins were trades from the same Facebook group but a different person.  Again, PSP extras were sent out.

DuckTales 2 was $130 at a different local retro game store but was actually bought for my roommate who then promptly got cold feet and bailed on purchasing it from me as he'd agreed to.  I don't intend to keep it but I have been sure to throw it in his face a few times though that "neener neener, I have a *minty* DuckTales 2 and you don't".  He still needs it in order to complete his NES Capcom set.  Wink Tongue slick

[img width=700 height=394]http://oi57.tinypic.com/34fjomv.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:17:11 AM by Slowman » Logged

PSN - rswslowman
3DS - 1177-8481-5639
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #3851 on: September 29, 2014, 03:10:01 AM »

Need to find a printer for those rolls of photo stickers.
No point using those rolls. If those are old stock then they aren't going to work well... You're best off keeping them sealed as a novelty.

You know how images that get printed on the GB Printer look faded? There's nothing wrong with the printer, it's the paper at fault.
Cut down some new till roll and that'll work. Make sure it's thermal till roll. Wink
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3852 on: September 29, 2014, 07:52:02 AM »

Need to find a printer for those rolls of photo stickers.
No point using those rolls. If those are old stock then they aren't going to work well... You're best off keeping them sealed as a novelty.

You know how images that get printed on the GB Printer look faded? There's nothing wrong with the printer, it's the paper at fault.
Cut down some new till roll and that'll work. Make sure it's thermal till roll. Wink

Good to know as I have like 12 Boxed Game Boy Paper rolls haha but I never planned on using them anyways they are just novelty.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3853 on: September 29, 2014, 03:02:47 PM »

My brothers boss came to him and said "I have some stuff to get rid of might be more but you can have everything in this box for free if I find anymore you can have it."

Well here it all is -

-GameGuard 3-Pak - Also inside of the Paks were 2 EA Sports Memory Cards & A sealed Jumper Pak With the tool
-CIB C64 Games
  -Alpha Build
  -Dance Fantasy
  -Kickman
  -Matterhorn Screamer
  -Memory Manor
  -Sea Speller
  -Turtle Toyland Jr.
  -Win, Lose or Draw
-PC Games
*Both Sealed - The Magic Candle II
*Ultima Online
-Chessmaster 5000
-PS1 Games
*Rascal
*Rainbow Six
-Mario Golf Game Boy Color - CIB

[img width=700 height=526]http://i.imgur.com/q4V0Y0S.jpg[/img]

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3854 on: September 29, 2014, 03:50:47 PM »

I finally picked up a copy of A Link to the Past on SNES. I've been avoiding paying the $30 price tag I always see for it because...I'm cheap and not a single big SNES lot I've purchased has come with it. Well, Half Price Books was on the last day of the 40% coupon, so I went in to see if anything new had come in that struck my fancy. There it was for $30.00. I initially scoffed, because...like I said, I'm cheap...but then I had a change of heart and figured I could swing $18.00 after the coupon for such a timeless game.

So I bought it. And I own it now. Goes nicely with the CIB GBA version I have. Also, coming up on 100 SNES games now...and after re-calculating my Genesis games and thinking I was over 300...I realized to my dismay, I'm at 299. One mere game from the threshold. Disappointment reigns! Oh well, always another day and 400+ more Genesis games to choose from.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length