RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2024, 12:37:11 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 275475 times)
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5220 on: June 16, 2013, 07:57:42 AM »

Hey everyone. I want to give a big Thanks To Techie413 I knew I had a PC Game coming my way - King's Quest VII - Love the Artwork for this one reminds of Disney and well the Surprise.  A while back I mentioned I wanted a Final Fantasy 8 EB Games Cover edition as FF8 is Probably my favorite FF game I know that is Blasphemy but I do love most of FF games except for a couple, but 8 is my favorite.  He sent me a very nice copy of FF8 EB Games cover Smiley Thanks Techie I really appreciate it both items of course Smiley Also thanks again for buying some stuff from me to fill some of your holes. 

Also my brother picked up X-Com UFO Defense on PS1 on eBay which was put up on the bay by Gamers a local store here.  He won the bid for about $20.00 less than what they sell it for in the store! SO GO HIM! Lucky eBayer he is, I suck at bidding as of recent I lost out on 2 CIB of Best of the Best on NES, a Ninja Gaiden 1 Box, and Tecmo Cup Soccer CIB for NES.  O-well lol.  Also a few days ago we picked up a Black Label copy of Wheel of Fortune at Game Cental, me not thinking of it as this place is usually pretty good they barcode was cut out of the back of it Sad SO I was out 5 Bucks as I decided I wanted a true complete copy so I bought one on eBay. Here's the pic enough babbling Smiley

[img width=700 height=525]http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab172/niceguy1283/100_4555_zps0aaf40ee.jpg[/img]

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #5221 on: June 16, 2013, 08:54:08 AM »

Techie - I can't believe you're making me interested in the CD-i haha.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5222 on: June 16, 2013, 10:49:46 AM »

Hey now!

Didn't find much today, just this grab bag of promo pins 'n' buttons for $2.49:

[img width=481 height=600]http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/7217/ff24c6z2z702z116g.jpg[/img]

- Wingman Warrior control stick button: has 3 little flashing red lights that still light up. Unfortunately, the scan didn't pick   them up.

- SNASM 2 pin: Something to do with the Atari Lynx Jaguar, if my highly limited knowledge of SNASM 2 is even remotely correct.

- Four Atari Lynx lenticular name-badge buttons: Actually, "Touch the Future" would have been a far more apt tag line for the DS. And speaking of ill-fated platforms:

- Sega CD "WelcomeToTheNextLevel" pin

- ToeJam & Earl pin

- Mortal Kombat logo button

- Tengen KLAX button

- Two Sonic 2 pins: one is slightly different from the other; Sonic appears to be winking in the left pin. Don't know if it's intentional or just a defect. EDIT: And no matter how much you beg, Raze, you're NOT gettin' these, or the Sega CD pin.  Tongue

- MAXIS pin

- I'm not certain, but I think the pin of the young soccer player ties into the Backyard Sports game series.

- Finally, there's the one on the lower right. I know I've seen it around before, but damned if I can remember what it refers to. A little help with this one, please?

Pin on the lower right is for Digital Pictures, who produced most of the FMV titles for Sega CD.

Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5223 on: June 16, 2013, 12:46:00 PM »

Techie - I can't believe you're making me interested in the CD-i haha.

I realized something last night with the CD-i while watching a movie.  The disc was dirty, so the video locked up.  I ejected the disc, wiped it down, and reinserted. The movie started right where I left off. No need to go back through the menu, go to scene select, and fast forward to where I was. Why don't CD, DVD, or Blu-Ray players do that?  So easy!

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5224 on: June 16, 2013, 01:01:04 PM »

Jealous of that Digital Pictures pin.  Love those guys.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5225 on: June 16, 2013, 02:22:34 PM »

Getting a decent haul from too many games.going to post up and pics when I get back to CT later tonight.

Now your playing with power!
Techie413
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5226 on: June 16, 2013, 02:44:46 PM »

Those Lynx pins are sweet!

jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5227 on: June 16, 2013, 06:09:24 PM »

I wish I was modern enough to own a digital camera and know how to host images (I'm stuck in the 80's)...

I strayed from my usual routine and tried to hit the yard sales on Saturday. After striking out early, my friend remembered going to a flea market in a tiny town 20 minutes away. We decided to take a shot at it. We found 4 booths with games. Most were way overpriced, but one guy was pretty much at least 10% less than Ebay prices. I actually found a reasonably good deal with Zombies Ate My Neighbors for $17 (it's shot up in price recently). This copy had marker on it but two swipes of a magic eraser cleared that off. I also dealt the guy down to $25 on Contra 3, by committing to buy 2 seasons of The OC for $5 a piece (Don't judge me).

That night, I was supposed to go to a bonfire. While waiting for my buddy, I noticed that the semi-permanent yard sale across the street was still "on", though they were tearing it down. I decided to sneak over there to see if they had any video games (they usually don't). To my surprise, I found 2 systems: A Gamecube with all of the wires and one controller and a boxed PS1 (the later/smaller model). I asked how much the guy wanted. He said $10 a piece (which I'd absolutely be willing to pay). I told him I'd see if my friend wanted in on it. When he arrived, I asked to borrow $10 and walked over to make an offer of $15 for the two. The guy accepted. I was pretty stoked, even though I don't really need either system. I just never get those types of prices in this area.
smith45885
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #5228 on: June 16, 2013, 06:47:03 PM »

This week I picked up Gun, Romance of the three Kingdoms VII, The Bible Game, and a couple others in an xbox/ps2 lot.. All for $10.

Also picked up a Syphon Filter GH and a Genesis controller for $5.
Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #5229 on: June 16, 2013, 11:17:41 PM »

[img width=480 height=640]http://i.imgur.com/FyJWE88l.jpg[/img]
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5230 on: June 16, 2013, 11:36:45 PM »

^liking the trails of the sky and DQ soundtrack.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Techie413
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5231 on: June 17, 2013, 12:07:42 AM »

Putting this up fast so everyone knows, but here are today's finds:

[img width=640 height=800]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/EldredgeJ/Gaming%202/S7304451_zpsac582993.jpg[/img]

For those living near a store, Fred Meyer has a sale on ALL their Skylanders starter sets, $40 for any of them.  I didn't have the original, so I grabbed it.  Also on sale, COD Black Ops II for $30.  And I didn't grab it, but Dead Island: Riptide and a few other titles were also $30.

I traded a guy some more of my old wrestling collectibles for the Gamecube games shown, and a buddy grabbed an extra copy of Strider that he gave me.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5232 on: June 17, 2013, 10:42:07 AM »

Had a great time at Too Many Games.  Thanks to everyone who came to the show.  It was great to meet some folks from the forum and put faces to names as well as learning new names as well as faces.

I returned home from Philly to find a few packages waiting for me.

The first was from h1ghw1nd who surprised me with a couple of "lacrosse simulators" that I didn't have.  Thanks, dude!

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/14ohQaC.jpg[/img]
[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/jKiu9uN.jpg[/img]

The next was from a recent trade with GamerNick who sent me a box/manual for NHL 97 for the SNES (just need the cart now) and the Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition  manual in case I ever find a CB copy.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/EbrMh4l.jpg[/img]

Then we have my Too Many Games pickups.  While I didn't find as much as I had hoped, I still came home with a bunch of good stuff.  Duke brought me a monitor that his job was going to throw away.  Now I have a nice little RGB monitor to play on.  We played a bit in the hotel and it really looks great.

He also grabbed me a copy of Dragon Leap before they sold out.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/5HSkJFM.jpg[/img]

I ran into a guy that I know from my local store, Retro Games Plus.  I knew that he dabbled in repros but I didn't know he was THIS good at it.  i honestly cannot explain in words how happy I am with the quality of this repro.  Plus, it's a 32X game Wink

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/JZ4AJGv.jpg[/img]
[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/SUz7aUf.jpg[/img]

If anyone is interested, his name is Mickey and he is awesome at this.  He is also working on getting NewGeoAge.com up and running so keep an eye out for that.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5233 on: June 17, 2013, 10:48:08 AM »

Darkxide repro... tell him THANK YOU for putting the ESRB rating on it. There's a 32X game I know I'll never own an original copy of... Cry

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5234 on: June 17, 2013, 10:51:14 AM »

Same here.  Trying to find a manual scan for it now to help him with a repro manual. We'll have to reformat everything to the US style so it will match the case design.

Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length