RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 07:19:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 289819 times)
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4950 on: June 01, 2013, 12:01:19 PM »

Isn't this how these things go? You get all excited to buy a licensed product and somehow it doesn't turn out as nice as you imagined.

Now wait a minute... are you somehow hinting that Silent Service isn't the highest quality title you've ever owned? Wink

No Silent Service II is ;-D

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #4951 on: June 01, 2013, 12:13:13 PM »

I found something different at the flea market today.  I don't believe I've ever seen 3DO games there before.  They dont have the long boxes, just the jewel cases but at $2 a piece why not.  Now I just need to get a 3DO to play them on.
[img width=700 height=394]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g162/gooberjones/RF%20Generation/IMG_20130601_130409_291_zpsa7a288d1.jpg[/img]
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4952 on: June 01, 2013, 01:15:31 PM »

Damn it dude... my roommates are supposed to be heading up to Gainsville, and I have an extra FZ-1 in the house. Tongue

theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #4953 on: June 01, 2013, 02:56:33 PM »

Today's yard sale finds:

[img width=640 height=480]http://i.imgur.com/AXQan0bl.jpg[/img]

Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Monkey Ball, Super Monkey Ball 2: $12
GBA SP with Backlit screen, New Super Mario. Bros DS, Mario Kart DS, Prof. Layton and the Diabolical Box: $20 for the system, $1 per each game, $23 total
7 NES Games with manuals: $0.25 each (I let them keep the change)
Wii console w/ 2 remotes, 2 nunchucks, 2GB SD Card, 2200 Wii Points in shop channel, + 2 GameCube controllers: $30
Fat PS2 w/ Network Adapter, cables, controller... and stuck disc tray, not pictured: $10
Wireless Les Paul guitar controller for Xbox 360: $3

Not a bad day, I missed a few games at the sale with the GBA SP to another person who got there at the same time as me and unfortunately got a copy of Dr. Mario & Puzzle League before I could spot it, among some other things I didn't get a chance to see. These Les Pauls are going to fund a lot of collecting this year, I seem to keep finding them at yard sales and thrift stores for cheap, and they eBay for around $40 when they work.

Fragems
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #4954 on: June 01, 2013, 02:56:56 PM »

Picked up a few things today. Spent around $60. Most of this will be making its way to my sales thread. Will probably be holding on to the demo disc and atari games plus swapping out some of my controllers for a duke and the official GC controller.

Games:
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories(CBA label damaged)
Pokemon Red Version(GB)
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing(N64 with crappy bb sticker on top Tongue)
tonic trouble w/manual(N64)
Romance of the Three Kingdoms(NES)
Bases Loaded 3(NES)
Snake's Revenge(NES)
Sonic Spinball(Gen)
Sonic & Knuckles(Gen)
Vector Man(Gen)
VR Troopers(Gen)
Arcade Classics(Gen CIB)
Space Shuttle a journey into space(2600)
Berzerk(2600)
Raiders of the Lost Ark(2600)
Secret Quest(2600)
Dice Puzzle No. 106(2600)
Journey Escape(2600)
Jungle Hunt(2600)
Name This Game(2600 Handle Version No Front Label)
Towering inferno(2600)
Megaman X Collection(PS2 CIB)
TMNT Smash-Up(PS2 No manual/inserts)
Shining Force Exa(PS2 CIB)
Guitar Hero World Tour(360 CIB)
Gex 3(PS1 CIB)
Inteactive CD Sampler Pack Vol. 3(PS1 Loose)
Toys "r" Us Attack of the Killer Demos!(PS1 in sleeve)
Pizza Hut Pizza-powered Playstation Giveaway Demo(PS1 in Sleeve)

Hardware:
Automatic A/V Input Selector Box with 4 ports(think its a Phillips but no markings Tongue)
Pink Gameboy + GBA link cable
6 Xbox Controllers(Only 1 break away cable)
---2 Dukes
---1 S-type(Needs new thumb sticks plus cord guard is broke)
---1 Wireless Logitech Attack(Missing Battery Cover but has wireless adapter)
---1 Pelican Trick
---1 Transparent Red Mad Catz
3 Gamecube Controllers
---1 official purple with transparent bottom
---1 White Gamestop
---1 Black Madcatz

Will post pictures later. Best deal of the day was probably the 6 Xbox controllers + Pokemon Red bundled for $5.

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #4955 on: June 01, 2013, 06:03:14 PM »

Damn it dude... my roommates are supposed to be heading up to Gainsville, and I have an extra FZ-1 in the house. Tongue
Really?  Wish I would have known sooner.  Well there is always next time.
EvilAsh
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #4956 on: June 01, 2013, 08:02:57 PM »

Went out for my first time today to do a game hunt since I found my NES and SNES while cleaning out my basement.  Picked up a decent bunch for my first time!

First I hit up the flea market and grabbed Renegade, Bill & Ted, & Monster Party for the NES for $5 each.  Walked around some more and saw a table being set up with a complete in box Sim City SNES & complete in box Spawn for SNES for $8 each. 

Then checked out an ebay classified for a NES with 2 controllers & light gun with the good ol' Mario/Duck Hunt with manual, Astyanax, Wizards & Warriors, and complete in Box: Legend of Zelda (round seal of approval 3 screw), Legend of Zelda Classic, Pinball, Zelda II, Simon's Quest, Anticipation, Wheel of Fortune, & Jeopardy (All for $100).  I didn't throw the system into the pic.  It's amazing because the older guy who sold me this kept all his games in pristine condition as well as the system!  Overall awesome first day!!

[img width=640 height=480]http://s17.postimg.org/4r9e6q8vz/photo_1.jpg[/img]
screen shot tool
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4957 on: June 01, 2013, 09:22:02 PM »

Nice haul! You got a bunch of great games there. Look forward to receiving a mention in an upcoming Collectorcast.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
EvilAsh
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #4958 on: June 01, 2013, 10:21:34 PM »

Nice haul! You got a bunch of great games there. Look forward to receiving a mention in an upcoming Collectorcast.

Sweet.  Just started listening this month.  Going in order though & just starting episode 3.  Great stuff!!
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4959 on: June 01, 2013, 11:36:03 PM »

Went out for my first time today to do a game hunt since I found my NES and SNES while cleaning out my basement.  Picked up a decent bunch for my first time!

First I hit up the flea market and grabbed Renegade, Bill & Ted, & Monster Party for the NES for $5 each.  Walked around some more and saw a table being set up with a complete in box Sim City SNES & complete in box Spawn for SNES for $8 each. 

Then checked out an ebay classified for a NES with 2 controllers & light gun with the good ol' Mario/Duck Hunt with manual, Astyanax, Wizards & Warriors, and complete in Box: Legend of Zelda (round seal of approval 3 screw), Legend of Zelda Classic, Pinball, Zelda II, Simon's Quest, Anticipation, Wheel of Fortune, & Jeopardy (All for $100).  I didn't throw the system into the pic.  It's amazing because the older guy who sold me this kept all his games in pristine condition as well as the system!  Overall awesome first day!!

[img width=640 height=480]http://s17.postimg.org/4r9e6q8vz/photo_1.jpg[/img]
screen shot tool

Great finds! Glad you decided to get those!

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4960 on: June 02, 2013, 08:28:52 AM »

Just a few random things. I FINALLY completed my US Fire Emblem series collection with the Gamecube one.

[img width=700 height=466]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e195/monkees19/DSC_1018.jpg[/img]

The Golden Sun and NiGHTS were picked up at Gamestop (gasp!) Mario Power Tennis from eBay and MLB 2K11 from my brother.

[img width=700 height=466]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e195/monkees19/DSC_1019.jpg[/img]

Lastly these three Genesis titles. NBA Live & Joe Montana were from Play N Trade and X-Men was eBay.

[img width=700 height=466]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e195/monkees19/DSC_1020.jpg[/img]

engel762
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4961 on: June 02, 2013, 09:32:55 AM »

Lastly these three Genesis titles. NBA Live & Joe Montana were from Play N Trade and X-Men was eBay.

[img width=700 height=466]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e195/monkees19/DSC_1020.jpg[/img]

I still need to pick a copy of X-Men to replace the one I gave to a friend years ago, I miss that game for some reason, but never see one when I'm out hunting.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4962 on: June 02, 2013, 10:42:00 AM »

Really?  Wish I would have known sooner.  Well there is always next time.

My roommate injured his ankle and didn't go this weekend. Sad
Maybe in a couple weeks.

Crazy_Opossum
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #4963 on: June 02, 2013, 10:58:48 AM »

Well, first earlier this week I went to Burley Park and got:

Atari 7800 ProSystem
Sim City 2000 [CD Collection (CiB)] - PC
Sim City 2000 [Special Edition (CiB)] - PC
Star Fox - SNES

*Unpictured: Atari 2600 Video Touch Pad remote

Then at work I got:

LeapPad
Magic School Bus: Lost in the Solar System (CiB) - LeapPad/QuantumPad
Math 3rd Grade (CiB) - LeapPad/QuantumPad
The Sims 2 (CiB) - PC
The Sims 2: Pets (CiB) - PC
The Sims 2: Seasons (CiB) - PC
The Sims 2: Mansion & Garden Stuff (Cib) - PC
The Sims 2: IKEA Home Stuff (Cib) - PC

*One of the items I got on this trip is in a different photo and that is: Evil Genius (CiB) - PC
*Also un-game related stuff ... A 78rpm record of somebody I've never heard of and a 33 1/3 of The Chordettes

Next was the big trip ... I got:

Super Mario Strikers [Best Seller (CiB)] - GC
Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex (CiB - No Manual) - GC  Sad
Pac-Man World 2 (CiB) - PS2
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (CiB) - PS2
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (CiB) - PS2
Sly 2: Band of Thieves (CiB) - PS2
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (CiB) - PS2
New Super Mario Bros. (CiB) - DS

**Sorry about picture quality**

On the same trip I got:

Pac-Man Lunch Box (with Thermos)
Pac-Man Glass thingy
Some Sonic stuff

*Not Pictured, Un-game related stuff ... A "Meet The Beatles" Album (Early Pressing); "Rio" the Duran Duran Album and the John Denver Album "Autograph"

I'm really happy with all I found  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 11:06:17 AM by Crazy the Possum » Logged

~The Craziest Opossum you know!
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4964 on: June 02, 2013, 11:26:49 AM »

@Monkees: Congrats on the GC Fire Emblem!  beer

Here's some crap I got at my local thrift store. All for trade probably after I test them.

I have something WAY MORE EXCITING coming but I have to test it, take a pic, and dig out a post in this thread from a real long time ago to complete the story.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/grayghost81/2013-06-01134241_zpscf313ae9.jpg[/img]

Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length