RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2024, 10:18:37 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 276860 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4770 on: May 20, 2013, 07:40:10 PM »

Reminds me Razor...have you been picking up any of the new Sonic Digest comics? I've picked up the first 3 so far.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4771 on: May 20, 2013, 08:09:42 PM »

Sadly I Wish I could get into collecting the comics but theirs so much Sonic stuff out their I can't get to it all. I do love the comics, just don't go out of the way to collect them.
jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4772 on: May 20, 2013, 10:03:51 PM »

I'm jealous of this score. It's not as "sexy" as some but getting such a nice chunk of games at a buck a piece is great. I've thrown my hat in on a similar lot, but for collecovision (all loose).

My weekend scores were Lucky Dime Caper w/ case and manual (Sega Master System) for $7 and Splatterhouse w/ case and manual (TurboGrafx-16) for $35... I'm strongly considering Star Control II on the 3DO but it's not a great deal, just a reasonable price ($45 w/ box, case, manual and star map).

Not a buck piece, try a buck for the lot. Cheesy

I need to learn how to read and I'm much, much more jealous of you now. I didn't get my lot.
jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4773 on: May 20, 2013, 10:23:07 PM »

Today, I saw an ad from a guy who said he found a bunch of games in a storage locker (I actually believe him) and he told me he only had one other person take a look at it. When I showed up there, he proceeded to tell me that the one guy who went there before me was a reseller who bought every single CIB SNES game as well as all of the loose N64/SNES/NES rarities and rare systems. He apparently spent $1100 there (it would have been great to have known this prior to my making the 45 minute trek).

I could tell that I was looking at a bunch of games that had been picked by someone with knowledge. I was thankful to spot a couple uncommon Colecovision games (not necessarily some I wanted) with no prices on them, so I asked about them. He looked them up on a rarity guide site. I told him he'd have to deal with me a bit and, to his credit, he was absolutely willing to do so. I ended up getting Buck Rogers, Zenjii (never heard of it), Sudroc and Smurfs (platformer) and I paid $15 total.
h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4774 on: May 20, 2013, 11:53:56 PM »

this is my first lot in a while, a bunch on n64 must haves!

* 1.jpg (56.71 KB, 640x640 - viewed 212 times.)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4775 on: May 20, 2013, 11:55:54 PM »

so many good games in that lot. also a warning, monster truck madness felt really bad for racing imo, but it has a pretty awesome multiplayer arena mode. if you can get a few friends to play that with you, it's the best mode in the game.
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4776 on: May 21, 2013, 01:37:42 AM »

A great N64 essentials lot.  There's a Rampage that I need to find.  Yes, I spot the oddballs.  Child of the 80's.

ixtaileddemonfox
Weapon X
TurboGrafx-16

Stats
« Reply #4777 on: May 21, 2013, 04:00:45 AM »

Sweet Score from Work Yesterday.

[img width=700 height=524]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m616/ixtaileddemonfox/101_0312.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=524]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m616/ixtaileddemonfox/101_0311.jpg[/img]

GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4778 on: May 21, 2013, 04:08:31 AM »

Is that a sculptors cut?

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4779 on: May 21, 2013, 08:08:34 AM »

Is that a sculptors cut?

Yes it is.  Awesome lot h1ghw1nd!  That is an incredible find.
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4780 on: May 21, 2013, 11:03:42 AM »

Today, I saw an ad from a guy who said he found a bunch of games in a storage locker (I actually believe him) and he told me he only had one other person take a look at it. When I showed up there, he proceeded to tell me that the one guy who went there before me was a reseller who bought every single CIB SNES game as well as all of the loose N64/SNES/NES rarities and rare systems. He apparently spent $1100 there (it would have been great to have known this prior to my making the 45 minute trek).

I could tell that I was looking at a bunch of games that had been picked by someone with knowledge. I was thankful to spot a couple uncommon Colecovision games (not necessarily some I wanted) with no prices on them, so I asked about them. He looked them up on a rarity guide site. I told him he'd have to deal with me a bit and, to his credit, he was absolutely willing to do so. I ended up getting Buck Rogers, Zenjii (never heard of it), Sudroc and Smurfs (platformer) and I paid $15 total.

Sounds similar to something that happened to me last weekend, I went clear out to a block sale that said games and DVDs, only to find they had pretty much lied and there was only like a dozen crappy DVDs between all the sales and no games to be found, and no sign there ever was any.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4781 on: May 21, 2013, 11:45:46 AM »

Is that a sculptors cut?

Yes it is.  Awesome lot h1ghw1nd!  That is an incredible find.

I was waiting for someone to spot it. He also has the manual. Grin

Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4782 on: May 21, 2013, 04:40:33 PM »

fantastic!!

Running out of games to buy.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #4783 on: May 21, 2013, 05:18:41 PM »

There have been some fantastic scores recently.

@ixtaileddemonfox: A WII & a PS3 nice! I have to check out Yo-Yo Girl cop.

@h1ghw1nd: Great lot of titles & a Sculpters Cut. One h*ll of a way to increase your N64 collection. Let me know what you want for the Silent Service manual. The game next to Barbie is Winter Games. Since you missed out on one free game how about another? I have an extra copy of Batman on the NES if you want it. Just PM me the shipping address.

@Duke.Togo: Thanks, and congrats to you on the pickup for Battle Kid 2. Are you going to open your copy? I'm not sure if it was ever mentioned in the Collectorcast but here are the Radio Shack part numbers/information for a replacement power supply for a Famicom Twin:

TIP = 5.5MM 273-346 ENERCELL (TIP O) CENTER POSITIVE
AC TO DC 9v 2730462

7.6 V DC center positive barrel connection about 5mm in diameter with an ~3mm dia.

@Gamernick: Great pick up of those boxed PC games. Star Trek Voyager 2 can be hard to find CIB and is worth at least what you paid for the lot.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4784 on: May 21, 2013, 05:52:05 PM »

@Duke.Togo: Thanks, and congrats to you on the pickup for Battle Kid 2. Are you going to open your copy? I'm not sure if it was ever mentioned in the Collectorcast but here are the Radio Shack part numbers/information for a replacement power supply for a Famicom Twin:

I probably won't open it, as the first game is ridiculously tough. I use a Radio Shack variable power supply myself for my Twin.

Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length