RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 01:13:18 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 290083 times)
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4230 on: April 09, 2013, 12:23:06 PM »

@ GamerNick Me to I used to watch that show all the time when I was a kid.

I have season 1 I wish they would release the rest of the series.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
ixtaileddemonfox
Weapon X
TurboGrafx-16

Stats
« Reply #4231 on: April 09, 2013, 03:12:38 PM »

@ GamerNick Me to I used to watch that show all the time when I was a kid.

I have season 1 I wish they would release the rest of the series.

I didnt even know there was any on dvd Ill have to look for it.

ixtaileddemonfox
Weapon X
TurboGrafx-16

Stats
« Reply #4232 on: April 09, 2013, 03:13:35 PM »

I went thrifting today with my brother and I picked this up

[img width=700 height=524]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m616/ixtaileddemonfox/101_0254.jpg[/img]

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4233 on: April 09, 2013, 04:04:12 PM »

[img width=700 height=525]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/grayghost81/2013-04-09163634_zpsa601f01d.jpg[/img]

This is just stuff I ordered from Amazon.

Agarest War Zero LE was a complete impulse buy, as I know nothing of the series or the game itself. At least that gives me time to consider opening it or leaving it sealed.

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #4234 on: April 09, 2013, 10:49:29 PM »

I had $10 in Best Buy Reward Zone cash that I was looking to spend when on April 1st I got an email from them.  They were giving me a bonus $10 Reward Certificate for being such a long standing customer, (and probably for buying too much crap in their store)  I first thought it might be an April Fools Joke, but the email and certificate code were legit.  The only problem was the certificate expired that day.  I had to spend it now or lose it.  It was getting late when I checked the email so I couldn't go into the store, (it's also 30 miles to the nearest one) so I went online to see what I could get for $20.  They had LEGO Lord of the Rings for the Wii, which I had wanted, for $19.99.  Perfect I thought.  I added to the cart and checked out.  I added one certificate and when I tried to add the other it wouldn't let me.  Apparently you cannot spend less than the amount you have in Reward Certificates.  I had $20 in Certificates, I had only spent $19.99.  It would not let me add the second certificate unless I spent A PENNY MORE!!!  Not pictured is the $1.99 DVD I bought with 4 terrible looking horror movies on it just to get my total over $20.  I got my game but damn this site is really picky!!!  Also I didn't see it in the database surprisingly enough so I have submitted it.
[img width=450 height=798]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g162/gooberjones/RF%20Generation/IMG_20130409_233737_569_zps075c5272.jpg[/img]
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4235 on: April 09, 2013, 11:43:02 PM »

So many Lego themed games.  I can't wait until they make the Lego Lego game.

jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4236 on: April 10, 2013, 03:07:52 AM »

I made a nice discovery two weekends ago, when I revisited a store I had sworn off of a while back. Their prices had actually dropped  little bit and they stopped storing their vintage carts in front of the shadeless windows, so sun damage was no longer an issue. My buddy owed me a couple of bucks, so he ended up buying a couple common games for me:

-Gran Turismo (PS1)
-Super Monkey Ball (Gamecube)

This weekend, I promised myself that I wouldn't go too crazy. I went to my usual store (where prices have risen greatly) and decided to focus on the less popular consoles in search of a decent deal. I think I did alright:

-Sidearms (TG-16)
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4237 on: April 10, 2013, 11:31:39 AM »

So many Lego themed games.  I can't wait until they make the Lego Lego game.

They already have that game, it's called LEGO City Undercover, and it is awesome!  I just wish it was two player, because my 6 year old gets to play it more than me Sad

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4238 on: April 10, 2013, 12:03:36 PM »

I read some reviews of Lego City Undercover and it's been getting good praise. The game looked a bit cheesy to me. Is it as good as the hype claims?

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4239 on: April 10, 2013, 01:49:46 PM »

Did I buy a N64 system today for $10 merely for the red controller that came with it? ........ yes

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
engel762
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4240 on: April 10, 2013, 02:18:13 PM »

Did I buy a N64 system today for $10 merely for the red controller that came with it? ........ yes

I can't fault someone for that, I buy complete games sometimes (when I run across them cheap) to just get a damned manual Tongue
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4241 on: April 10, 2013, 03:08:22 PM »

I don't know if you have played the other LEGO games, but I have played LEGO Indiana Jones 2 and a few of the LEGO Star Wars games and enjoyed all of them.  In my opinion, LEGO City Undercover is the best of all of them.  I haven't played much of the story, because my son beat it before I could.  You can go back and play "Free Play", which lets you go back and collect extra stuff.  Pretty awesome for people that like to complete stuff 100% and it adds great replay value.  You can also unlock vehicles that are from actual LEGO sets, and change the color of the vehicles.  Now for some scores, everything you see was $2.00 a piece and will be going up for sale.

Kingdom Hearts (Greatest Hits)
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (Greatest Hits)
Final Fantasy X (Greatest Hits)
Suikoden III
Super Monkey Ball (GameCube)
Grabbed By the Ghoulies (XBox)
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (XBox)
Growlancer Heritage of War
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Silver

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
nintendork666
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #4242 on: April 10, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »

I've never made a formal post in this thread before, but I've been picking up some higher-tier items on my wish list as of late so there's no better time than now.

[img width=700 height=624]http://i49.tinypic.com/2r58g2d.jpg[/img]

1. The first, and most common, item of the bunch is my copy of Deus Ex: Human Revolution which I picked up used at GameStop for 50% off last Monday. I think it was about 6 dollars total. Still haven't booted this up yet. It'll be my first DE game aside from the much-hated Invisible War on the XBox, which I actually enjoyed.

2. To the right of that is my new, and beloved Hannah Montanna edition PSP 3000. I'm not awfully familiar with the show, but I love the look and feel of the Official Sony glittered lilac casing and buttons. As you can tell from the screen, I'm about to continue my game in Star Ocean: First Departure after wrapping up this post.

3. Below the PSP is Cubivore, a title I've wanted to play since first discovering the trophy in SSBM way back when. I never did run across a copy in person, and after watching prices continuously rise over a decade after the game's release, I caved and bought the cheapest complete copy I could find on Amazon.

4. Finally, there's Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Sacrifice for the Nintendo DS. This a PAL-only title which isn't yet in the RF: Generation database. I'd add it myself, but am unsure how.

Aside from video games, I also collect BtVS merchandise. This was the last Buffy game I hadn't yet claimed to my collection. I've seen gameplay videos online which show footage of a mixture of third-person action, first-person shooting, and what looked like vertical shmup levels upon a quick glance.

I can't wait to see what this is like. I actually had to contact an amazon.co.uk seller outside of Amazon to seal the deal on getting this shipped to the US. None of the PAL import sites I could find had this title available.

All this stuff combined cost me roughly $150 total, which is fair. Given the rarity of some of the items, and how long I've wanted them, I'd say I had quite the haul. I'm going to be watching my wallet more from here on out.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4243 on: April 10, 2013, 03:57:56 PM »

Nice grab on the Cubivore. Great game. Scored mine cheap form Gamestop a while ago, but unfortunately, it's loose (my only loose GC game and it's driving me NUTS!)

Adding games to the database is fairly simple. Just click on the "Submit Game Information" drop down located on the "Submit" tab at the top of the page. Everything is pretty self-explanatory, just add all of the info that you can and make sure that it is accurate.  You should see your entry in a few days. If it is not up and no longer in your queue, there was an issue with it and you should contact a database member. After it's available, be sure to add some scans of the game, box, manual, and gameplay. Good luck and welcome!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
nintendork666
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #4244 on: April 10, 2013, 04:02:38 PM »

Yeah, I actually just remembered the submit button. Was about to edit my post, oh well.

But yeah thanks for the info, and whatnot. =)

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length