RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 25, 2024, 04:15:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 277837 times)
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4170 on: April 06, 2013, 09:54:59 AM »

Eject button was removed in later versions. Tongue
That's because the Eject button was used to remove the lock on the cartridge to hold it in. I have a feeling it was due to the loose connection of the cartridge, since my original SNES would lock up/reset with very little movement applied on my scoop cartridges.

I wish i could crawl around in your brain.  You have the answer to everything.  Like the Rain Man of Nintendo...but with a nicer car.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4171 on: April 06, 2013, 11:03:11 AM »

You have no idea how much research I do for this site daily. I've learned various different mnemonic triggers of storing/retrieving information in my brain to the point where certain words/phrases will immediately recall information from 20 years ago. Tongue

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4172 on: April 06, 2013, 01:12:36 PM »

The thrifts still haven't been kind to me, but here's what I got recently anyways.

[img width=640 height=480]http://i47.tinypic.com/2cpuv0x.jpg[/img]
[img width=640 height=480]http://i45.tinypic.com/j939ma.jpg[/img]

Medieval II Total War was a pretty nice score for $1, but everything else is kind of meh.  I do love Knockout Kings though.
engel762
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4173 on: April 06, 2013, 02:24:01 PM »

For one reason or another I was looking around for a copy of Otomedius Excellent, and the place that I knew for sure had one locally had sold it when I returned there to finally buy it.  Shortly after I was snooping around in the FS/FT thread and discovered Mr. Moonraker_fats had one for sale that he had recently posted.  Darned mind readers... Anywho, he sent it off to me with a nice letter and a bonus Topps Nintendo Legend of Zelda sticker card featuring Link!  Anywho, off I go to play some Gradius inspired booby rockets!

[img width=700 height=393]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/engel762/2013-04-06_14-10-58_852_zpsa497aac5.jpg[/img]
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4174 on: April 06, 2013, 02:39:52 PM »

The thrifts still haven't been kind to me, but here's what I got recently anyways.

[img width=640 height=480]http://i47.tinypic.com/2cpuv0x.jpg[/img]
[img width=640 height=480]http://i45.tinypic.com/j939ma.jpg[/img]

Medieval II Total War was a pretty nice score for $1, but everything else is kind of meh.  I do love Knockout Kings though.

When the thrifts aren't kind to me I walk away with some CDs or a stupid movie or something.  I think the thrifts around MD just suck lately.  A couple more weeks or maybe a month and it will pick up.  Right around the time people do spring cleaning.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4175 on: April 06, 2013, 02:54:43 PM »

picked up:
 - Batman Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition - PS3 - $14.99 (used)
 - The Walking Dead - Xbox 360 - $29.99 + tax (new)

and pre-ordered Pandora's Tower for Wii

I'd like to hear how that Walking Dead game is.  I'm hearing that it has the quality and storyline of a PS2 FPS, but having The Walking Dead name had sparked my interest.

I wasn't too impressed with the commercials.  It seems very rushed to me.  Darryl saves Merle, and that's the game?  I hope there's more to it than that.

Its being reviewed as one of the worst games of this gen so far. Looks like it would be good for a laugh and thats about it from a view of the videos I've seen of it.

really? that's weird, i thought every time i saw it mentioned here and other places people seemed to be praising it, that's why i bought it. oh well, it was only $30 for all 5 episodes in a physical copy so not too bad, and i'll still play it anyway.
KidA
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #4176 on: April 06, 2013, 04:11:03 PM »

Techwizard, I think they're referring to the new Survival Instincts game, and not the episodic series.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4177 on: April 06, 2013, 04:39:56 PM »

no, i just looked up online and am seeing nothing but good reviews about it...the one i bought was the one only available digitally on 360 before, survival instincts is the one based on the TV series. i only remember people saying "the walking dead" when i saw good reviews, not survival instincts. either way i'll play through it myself and let you know what i think for myself Tongue
KidA
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #4178 on: April 06, 2013, 04:56:15 PM »

I know, but I'm pretty sure they're saying survival instinct is the one that sucks.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4179 on: April 06, 2013, 05:13:00 PM »

no, i just looked up online and am seeing nothing but good reviews about it...the one i bought was the one only available digitally on 360 before, survival instincts is the one based on the TV series. i only remember people saying "the walking dead" when i saw good reviews, not survival instincts. either way i'll play through it myself and let you know what i think for myself Tongue

I was referring to Walking Dead Survival Instinct. I saw Merle and Darryl in the post and assumed that was the one you picked up. You got the correct WD game by the sounds of it Cheesy

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4180 on: April 06, 2013, 05:27:36 PM »

Hey now!

Dug up a few things at Goodwill & Savers the last couple days.

[img width=556 height=447]http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/e061/96ar3bgve1b93bh6g.jpg[/img]

- CIB Pikmin 2 (Nintendo Selects) for Wii, $7.99: More Target-salvage goodness. It goes without saying that my favorite retailer to indirectly buy the latest games from is Tar-Jay...

- Star Voyager NES cart with sleeve, $2.99

- Sealed Techno Source Super Racing LCD handheld game, $0.79

- Computer Magazine, Dec. 1985, $0.29: I was sold by the Robotech Invid Invasion/Mospeada mecha they tossed onto the cover. Just goes to show how geekin' the show was... and still is.

- PC Gamer 2007 PC Building Bible, $0.29: I'm sure most of the info in this is still relevant.  Tongue

I also took advantage of GameStop's buy-2-get-1-free deal on used DS and Wii titles and a gift card, and picked up the following for a little over$ 20.00:

- CIB Okami (Wii)

- CIB Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon (DS)

- Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded card (DS): I finally have something to put into the empty Re:Coded case I had laying about. BTW it's a good thing I'm getting new glasses next week, 'cuz I couldn't make out the "Re:Coded" on the label.

- PS2-shaped gift-card tin, $0.99

I also renewed my subscription to I Whored Myself Out to My Corporate Masters Again Game Informer magazine (hardcopy version) while I was there.

I also grabbed a loose TI-85 calc for $4.99, and a loose TI-83 Plus for $9.99. Yay!  banana
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4181 on: April 06, 2013, 08:26:55 PM »

I was referring to Walking Dead Survival Instinct. I saw Merle and Darryl in the post and assumed that was the one you picked up. You got the correct WD game by the sounds of it Cheesy

oh sorry i misunderstood your misunderstanding Lol. glad to hear i bought the good one then Smiley
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4182 on: April 06, 2013, 09:10:11 PM »

I got the "good Walking Dead game" too. Haven't played it yet though. Let me know when you intend to start playing so we can discuss. Smiley

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4183 on: April 06, 2013, 09:18:15 PM »

probably pretty soon, maybe even this weekend...we'll see though, i'm not sure how much time i'll have. do you know anything about how long it takes to play through?
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4184 on: April 06, 2013, 10:49:00 PM »

The Walking Dead (TellTale) is fantastic.  I've only heard terrible things about The Walking Dead published by Activision.
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length