RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 08, 2024, 12:32:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 291576 times)
moonraker_fats
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2925 on: January 30, 2013, 11:32:09 PM »

I've wanted one of these damn things since the early 90s, and I finally pulled the trigger on a 3DO!  Not a bad box either Smiley

* image.jpg (329.1 KB, 906x847 - viewed 68 times.)

[img width=95 height=39]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/RFGmicrobar01.gif[/img]
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2926 on: January 30, 2013, 11:37:55 PM »

Nice! I know next to nothing about the 3DO and I've never played one, but I'm really intrigued by this console.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2927 on: January 30, 2013, 11:46:46 PM »

I've wanted one of these damn things since the early 90s, and I finally pulled the trigger on a 3DO!  Not a bad box either Smiley

I like the wireless controllers, and that Gamepad 6 is awesome for Super Street Fighter II Turbo.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2928 on: January 30, 2013, 11:51:18 PM »

Odyssey^2 games and a 3DO, nice.
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2929 on: January 31, 2013, 12:28:06 AM »

Very awesome 3DO score!  I know next to nothing about them either, except that they were pricey when they launched.  What were they, like $700?

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2930 on: January 31, 2013, 12:30:22 AM »

Is that one of those 6 button 3DO controllers that... Bil(?) was looking for?

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Techie413
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2931 on: January 31, 2013, 12:44:43 AM »

I've wanted one of these damn things since the early 90s, and I finally pulled the trigger on a 3DO!  Not a bad box either Smiley

Bil had asked about a good 6-Button, and pictured there is a pretty good one.  Yes, the model FZ-1 3DO was $700 at launch, while I was in high school.  No one I knew could afford it, so I was thrilled when I picked one up a couple of years ago.  I believe the FZ-10 was around $500.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 12:47:22 AM by Techie413 » Logged

Techie413
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2932 on: January 31, 2013, 12:49:52 AM »

Thift store stop last night. 

[img width=700 height=485]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/EldredgeJ/Webboards/S7303782.jpg[/img]

Someone alerted me of the PointMaster stick, so I thought I'd better take a look at it.  Very cool.  A game hunter on Youtube mentioned that flea markets are where gameinformer mags go to die.  I think they're pretty cool to look through, so I'm okay with that.

And today, while I was enjoying a day off from work, I decided to check some downtown shops I hadn't stepped into in a long time.  The original pawn shop in this area had nothing for games the last time I walked in, but I picked up some nice additions today. 

[img width=700 height=390]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/EldredgeJ/Webboards/S7303795.jpg[/img]

Everything was $4 to $6.  I overspent on a few of the NES games, but wasn't able to check prices while standing there.  I guess I'll have 2 Godzilla carts now, since another is on the way from a trade.  I seemed to recall all the exposure DOA Volleyball has gotten, so didn't realize it's not worth much.  The CIB Battlefront II replaces my Hollywood Video copy that is now FS/FT.  And I need a manual for the Dragon Warrior VII.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2933 on: January 31, 2013, 01:03:58 AM »

I do believe Bil needs one to play SSFIIT. Yeesh, even abbreviating it is long.

moonraker_fats
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2934 on: January 31, 2013, 08:32:48 AM »

Yeah, it was a pretty awesome score...it even came with a CD case full of loose games that I haven't really dig through yet Smiley 

Bil, if your interested in that 6-button, let me know.

[img width=95 height=39]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/RFGmicrobar01.gif[/img]
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2935 on: January 31, 2013, 10:46:27 AM »

more things! this time from Deadman, some playstation and gameboy games, and a Gears of war 3 Lanyard. i'm most excited for Ace Combat 3 and Kirby's Pinball Land. thanks man! really appreciate the gesture. i have a feeling i'm going to end up with more gifts than i would have from the original SS exchange.

edit: also where did you get the lanyard from? was it a pre-order bonus or something?

Deadman works for a popular chain and gets promotional items all the time, or at least that's what I remember.
I've not seen a FZ-10 box yet - I've got one FZ-1 boxed, and it has a $500 price sticker on it from its original purchase at Babbages.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 10:48:16 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2936 on: January 31, 2013, 11:15:37 AM »

more things! this time from Deadman, some playstation and gameboy games, and a Gears of war 3 Lanyard. i'm most excited for Ace Combat 3 and Kirby's Pinball Land. thanks man! really appreciate the gesture. i have a feeling i'm going to end up with more gifts than i would have from the original SS exchange.

edit: also where did you get the lanyard from? was it a pre-order bonus or something?

Deadman works for a popular chain and gets promotional items all the time, or at least that's what I remember.
I've not seen a FZ-10 box yet - I've got one FZ-1 boxed, and it has a $500 price sticker on it from its original purchase at Babbages.

That's awesome! Yea I passed up on a boxed FZ-10 a while ago but I already had the system I wasn't into system boxes the BUT Now I am!

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2937 on: January 31, 2013, 11:18:06 AM »

The FZ-10 is the only non-boxed 3DO I own - I have all the other US models CIB.
If anyone wants to exchange system boxes, I have quite a few empty X360 and PS3 system bundle boxes to match up for people.  Grin

Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2938 on: January 31, 2013, 12:48:14 PM »

I enjoy my 3DO for what it is.. it's fun to get out and show my friends some of the random stuff on it every now and then.

Running out of games to buy.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2939 on: January 31, 2013, 02:11:50 PM »

Do they have a collector's edition of  Hyrule Hystoria?

If you can find one.  Some people have gotten theirs early, and, well, have a look: http://www.ebay.com/csc/i...p;LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

It was limited to 4,000 copies, and has been sold out for a while.

I pre-ordered the regular edition in November and got it on Monday.  The book is nice and heavy, and seems to be very well made.  I haven't taken an in-depth look at it, but it looks pretty awesome.

Was there any differences between the two books besides price and cover? I didn't even know about the collectors edition until a few days ago. 

Nothing huge.  I believe the edges of the pages on the LE are gold, and the aforementioned cover.  That's it.  Even the page count is the same.  I do wish I had bought the LE, though.  Sad

Finally, a Virtual Boy

[img width=700 height=525]http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/wildbil52/RFGen/IMG_1445_zps60c2f095.jpg[/img]

Nice find Bil!  I hear that Waterworld is, umm, good?  ninja Your stand is backwards, though.  Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length