RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2024, 03:16:29 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 267890 times)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2655 on: January 19, 2013, 11:04:58 PM »

I remember buying Dragon Quest VIII for the FFXII demo and falling in love with the game. DQ8 > FF12 all day everyday.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Banards
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #2656 on: January 19, 2013, 11:33:17 PM »

That's what I'm hoping, the recent FF games haven't been doing it for me.

No matter where you go, there you are.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2657 on: January 20, 2013, 01:51:11 AM »

FF13 was garbage.  Well, the battle system was fun, but everything else was crummy.

FF10 was the last great one.

Banards
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #2658 on: January 20, 2013, 01:55:35 AM »

agreed

No matter where you go, there you are.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2659 on: January 20, 2013, 05:29:13 AM »

You guys are crazy FF13 was AWESOME!! FFIX is still the best though!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2660 on: January 20, 2013, 08:51:33 AM »

First score of the year! I responded to an ad on Craigslist for three boxed/complete Super Famicom games for $10. The guy said he had more stuff and would bring them when we met up for the Super Famicom games. I ended up buying everything he had.
[img width=500 height=374]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/repository/44260DSCN3456.JPG[/img]

One of the Mysts are sealed (and yes, they are different variants, yay!), Sky Runner is also sealed. Nearly all the boxed games are complete with all kinds of maps, books, ads and all that stuff. For those who don't recognize the odd carts, the yellow ones are Fairchild Channel F, the little ones next to them are C64, and next to those are TRS-80 carts. Barring any variants I haven't looked up yet, only the two 2600 games on the far left are new for me. I told the guy I didn't want the others, but he said I could have them, so I'll be passing them along.
Grand total for everything: $60

Jealous of the Big Box PC Games...Especially the Star Trek Bork and King's Quest VII :-D

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
ixtaileddemonfox
Weapon X
TurboGrafx-16

Stats
« Reply #2661 on: January 20, 2013, 08:52:36 AM »

I hated the battle system in 13.

GamerNick
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2662 on: January 20, 2013, 08:53:13 AM »

FF13 was garbage.  Well, the battle system was fun, but everything else was crummy.

FF10 was nice but for me I haven't loved a FF since VII through IX.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
GamerNick
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2663 on: January 20, 2013, 08:55:16 AM »

FF13 was okay I would play that any day over FFXII (that game was a huge disappointment) and I agree FFIX was great that was the first one I ever got New on PS1 for Christmas the year it came out and I still enjoyed the used copies of PS1 VII & VIII (Which I got both new later as well)

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
ixtaileddemonfox
Weapon X
TurboGrafx-16

Stats
« Reply #2664 on: January 20, 2013, 09:04:34 AM »

FF13 was garbage.  Well, the battle system was fun, but everything else was crummy.

FF10 was nice but for me I haven't loved a FF since VII through IX.

Same here and its my favorite series.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2665 on: January 20, 2013, 09:15:03 AM »

Wow, I thought I'd be the first one to say that. I have no complaints about FF 13. Great game. I'm going to alienate myself here and say I enjoyed it more than VII.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 09:17:42 AM by Fleach » Logged

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2666 on: January 20, 2013, 09:44:36 AM »

I was really disappointed in FFXIII.  There was absolutely no exploration, just a 40 hour long hallway, minimal character development and a pretty bare storyline.  Also, there is no way I'm reading thousands of datalogs that should have been put into the game as either cutscenes or in game dialog between characters.  It takes me right out of the game when I have to stop every 5 minutes and open up the menu to find out what the hell is going on in the game.

Spoony's reviews really hit every copmplaint I have about the game:
Part 1: 
Part 2: 
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2667 on: January 20, 2013, 09:52:07 AM »

I was really disappointed in FFXIII.  There was absolutely no exploration, just a 40 hour long hallway, minimal character development and a pretty bare storyline.  Also, there is no way I'm reading thousands of datalogs that should have been put into the game as either cutscenes or in game dialog between characters.  It takes me right out of the game when I have to stop every 5 minutes and open up the menu to find out what the hell is going on in the game.

Spoony's reviews really hit every copmplaint I have about the game:

I liked the data logs. If I didn't touch the game for a few weeks I'd just get myself up to speed with the data log entries.

Oh, as far as the "40 hour hall way" comment goes, I haven't seen one non-line FF game. OK, there's exploration but all the games are strictly linear.

Anyhoo.... This isn't the "Trash Talk FF 13 Thread" so let's get back on topic.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2668 on: January 20, 2013, 10:34:19 AM »

Picked these up in a trade with techwizard. 

[img width=550 height=412]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/railroad1/tn_IMG_0552_zpsa95247d1.jpg[/img]
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #2669 on: January 20, 2013, 11:28:45 AM »

First score of the year! I responded to an ad on Craigslist for three boxed/complete Super Famicom games for $10. The guy said he had more stuff and would bring them when we met up for the Super Famicom games. I ended up buying everything he had.
[img width=500 height=374]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/repository/44260DSCN3456.JPG[/img]

One of the Mysts are sealed (and yes, they are different variants, yay!), Sky Runner is also sealed. Nearly all the boxed games are complete with all kinds of maps, books, ads and all that stuff. For those who don't recognize the odd carts, the yellow ones are Fairchild Channel F, the little ones next to them are C64, and next to those are TRS-80 carts. Barring any variants I haven't looked up yet, only the two 2600 games on the far left are new for me. I told the guy I didn't want the others, but he said I could have them, so I'll be passing them along.
Grand total for everything: $60

Jealous of the Big Box PC Games...Especially the Star Trek Bork and King's Quest VII :-D
Jealous enough to want to buy them? I really only got the PC games for their potential DB info/scans, so once I get that from them, I'll likely sell them.

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length