RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2024, 01:32:30 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 267878 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2640 on: January 19, 2013, 11:18:42 AM »

Nick and I found that when we were digging through a box of Sega stuff at one of the local places. Pretty much the day after Shadow had commented on a Wacky Worlds that Nick picked up someplace.  It was pretty grungy when I got it home, but after a tear down and a little scrubbing I think it cleaned up decent Smiley

That vendor should still have Wacky Worlds...I might run off today to check. My wife flipped out when she saw the mouse - she had no clue it was for the Genesis.

engel762
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2641 on: January 19, 2013, 11:54:23 AM »

Well, either way, have fun with that! haha
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2642 on: January 19, 2013, 06:13:33 PM »

Nick and I found that when we were digging through a box of Sega stuff at one of the local places. Pretty much the day after Shadow had commented on a Wacky Worlds that Nick picked up someplace.  It was pretty grungy when I got it ho
Nick and I found that when we were digging through a box of Sega stuff at one of the local places. Pretty much the day after Shadow had commented on a Wacky Worlds that Nick picked up someplace.  It was pretty grungy when I got it home, but after a tear down and a little scrubbing I think it cleaned up decent Smiley

That vendor should still have Wacky Worlds...I might run off today to check. My wife flipped out when she saw the mouse - she had no clue it was for the Genesis.
me, but after a tear down and a little scrubbing I think it cleaned up decent Smiley

Hopefully they still have wacky worlds! I still need it's predecessor art alive! I have box for it I just need a cart and I think a manual.  But I'm going back to lay down I feel icky today. But enjoy those games!  Engel did a great job cleaning up that mouse and that was a fun day of digging through bins.  Oh crap.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2643 on: January 19, 2013, 06:58:47 PM »

I had a really good day today.  Best thrifting day I've had in a while.  Lets start off with what I got from everyones favorite game store, Gamestop:

[img width=640 height=480]http://i45.tinypic.com/kc4zm.jpg[/img]

I'm so sick of Madden.  But, the collection isn't complete if I don't have them, so hooray I guess.  Zone of the Enders is in terrible condition.  It didn't come with the manual or the MGS 2 demo and there's Blockbuster stickers all over it.  I grabbed it anyways because I've wanted to play it for a while and the price was right.

Madden 2005 (GC, cib) - $.50
Madden 2008 (GC, cib) - $2.50
Zone of the Enders (PS2, no manual) - $3

After that I went to a few different thrift stores by me.  I picked these up at the first two I went to:

[img width=640 height=480]http://i45.tinypic.com/64029i.jpg[/img]

I didn't even know there was a Kirby cartoon, so I was kind of suprised to find it.  The NBA game is pretty scuzzy.  I don't know if cleaning it will help it either.  I probably should have just passed on it.

Kirby DVD - $2.99
NBA Shootout 98 (PS1, cib) - $2.99
Blue's Clues:  Blue's Big Musical (PS1, cib) - $2.99
Star Wars book - $.20

After all of my thrifting, I went to a local game store.  I first found out about it right around Christmas and stopped in there one day for about 5 minutes while I was Christmas shopping. I didn't really get a good look around back then.  After going back today I can say with certainty that their prices are ridiculously high.  like $14 for Madden 2003 high.  I still managed to pick up a few things though.

[img width=640 height=480]http://i45.tinypic.com/2me4hea.jpg[/img]

Prime Time starring Deion Sanders (Gen, cib) - $2
Suzuki Alstare Extreme Racing (DC, cib) - $8
Computer Intro! (O2, no manual) - $5
Invaders from Hyperspace! (O2, cib) - $5

And saving the best for last, I got these from what is rapidly becoming my new favorite thrift store:

[img width=640 height=480]http://i45.tinypic.com/20jiqaf.jpg[/img]

All of the PC games are in immaculate condition.  Hell, a few of them had not only all of the paperwork still with them, but the receipts as well.  The two loose discs are America's Army:  Special Forces Version 2.4 and it was in the box for Battlefield 2.  The only bummer here is that I didn't really look closely enough at the Crash Tag Team Racing that I got.  It had Need for Speed:  Hot Pursuit 2 in it rather than the correct game.

Open Season (GC, cib) - $2.99
Crash Tag Team Racing box/Need for Speed:  Hot Pursuit 2 disc - $2.99
Finding Nemo (GC, no manual) - $2.99
Max Payne (PS2, cib) - $2.99
Splinter Cell:  Chaos Theory (PC, cib) - $2.99
The Lord of the Rings:  Battle for Middle Earth 2 (PC, cib) - $2.99
Battlefield 2 (PC, cib) - $2.99
America's Army:  Special Forces version 2.4 (PC, loose) - free
The Sims Medieval (PC, cib) - $2.99
Star Wars:  Empire at War Gold Pack (PC, cib) - $2.99
CSI:  3 Dimensions of Murder (PC, cib) - $2.99
Gears of War (PC, cib) - $2.99
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2644 on: January 19, 2013, 07:39:15 PM »

I just got a new treasure for my Sega CD collection. Before I picked this up my most valuable (and best) game was Silpheed.

[img width=700 height=1170]http://i.imgur.com/F0CHIkV.jpg[/img]

I found it at the local store, I went to go buff my Dreamcast copy of THPS2 because I really want to play it tonight. I saw this sitting at the bottom of the stack of freshly buffed games. I snagged it before it could even get to the shelf.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 07:43:20 PM by sirpsycho » Logged

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2645 on: January 19, 2013, 07:47:42 PM »

I struck out pretty much everywhere I looked today, with one totally awesome exception:
[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/SSBqZ5L.jpg[/img]

I've wanted to cross this off my list since the day I started collecting. I am PUMPED.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2646 on: January 19, 2013, 07:49:47 PM »

I've also wanted that in my collection forever. Check the part number, one variant has Thriller, the other doesn't.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2647 on: January 19, 2013, 08:00:04 PM »

[img width=640 height=480]http://i45.tinypic.com/2me4hea.jpg[/img]

Computer Intro! (O2, no manual) - $5

The manual for Computer Intro! is different than all the others. It is more like an actual book on programing. The manual is spiral bound and as large as the box. The manual only occasionally comes up on ebay and is worth a bit more than the box and game.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #2648 on: January 19, 2013, 08:23:44 PM »

First score of the year! I responded to an ad on Craigslist for three boxed/complete Super Famicom games for $10. The guy said he had more stuff and would bring them when we met up for the Super Famicom games. I ended up buying everything he had.
[img width=500 height=374]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/repository/44260DSCN3456.JPG[/img]

One of the Mysts are sealed (and yes, they are different variants, yay!), Sky Runner is also sealed. Nearly all the boxed games are complete with all kinds of maps, books, ads and all that stuff. For those who don't recognize the odd carts, the yellow ones are Fairchild Channel F, the little ones next to them are C64, and next to those are TRS-80 carts. Barring any variants I haven't looked up yet, only the two 2600 games on the far left are new for me. I told the guy I didn't want the others, but he said I could have them, so I'll be passing them along.
Grand total for everything: $60
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:26:40 PM by NES_Rules » Logged

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2649 on: January 19, 2013, 08:25:13 PM »

Nice, some Channel F love there and even a Gold Box AD&D title. Which one is that?

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #2650 on: January 19, 2013, 08:30:41 PM »

Nice, some Channel F love there and even a Gold Box AD&D title. Which one is that?
Its "Collector's Edition Vol. 3" which has Gateway to the Savage Frontier, Treasures of the Savage Frontier, and Pools of Darkness. But the disk for Pools of Darkness is missing.

ixtaileddemonfox
Weapon X
TurboGrafx-16

Stats
« Reply #2651 on: January 19, 2013, 09:20:45 PM »

picked these up at work today.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m616/ixtaileddemonfox/101_0134.jpg[/img]

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2652 on: January 19, 2013, 10:10:26 PM »

The manual for Computer Intro! is different than all the others. It is more like an actual book on programing. The manual is spiral bound and as large as the box. The manual only occasionally comes up on ebay and is worth a bit more than the box and game.

You know I thought that was the case, but I couldn't remember.  I've never seen the game with the book, so I'm not to upset to not have it yet.
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2653 on: January 19, 2013, 10:29:57 PM »

Very jealous of the Kirby DVD.  Tried like crazy to find one for my boy for Christmas.  Nice finds
Banards
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #2654 on: January 19, 2013, 11:03:22 PM »

I remember Mark of Kri being a blast back in the day, glad to have it back in the collection.
[img width=432 height=441]http://i.imgur.com/3uYrEiy.jpg?1[/img]

Always wanted to play Dragon Quest but never managed to pick up a copy until now.
[img width=432 height=420]http://i.imgur.com/mTfdC8R.jpg?1[/img]

I'll have to add it to the queue right behind Grandia.
 slick

No matter where you go, there you are.

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length