RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2024, 01:21:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 267863 times)
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2625 on: January 18, 2013, 09:32:20 PM »

Oh yes, I also picked up a couple Texas Instruments graphing calculators for $3.99 each: a TI-82, and a TI-86 (not pictured).

And why aren't they pictured? I mean really, that's what we're here for.
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2626 on: January 18, 2013, 09:37:46 PM »

Oh yes, I also picked up a couple Texas Instruments graphing calculators for $3.99 each: a TI-82, and a TI-86 (not pictured).

And why aren't they pictured? I mean really, that's what we're here for.

Well you can see the TI-82, which isn't too different-looking from the 86.

Hey wait... what are you saying? That I'm lying? HUH?! ARE YOU?! WHAT, YOU DON'T TRUST ME, IS THAT IT?!

Well, it appears the caffeine has finally worn off.
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2627 on: January 18, 2013, 09:53:50 PM »

Got some Sega Genesis cases for Madden '95, Sonic 3, and Tecmo Super Bowl from a former nice guy.

[img width=561 height=402]http://www.mediafire.com/conv/7e66b859d614202ed4e40db0ab1da7b1efc32a8939e0ea65dcdca89a89437e016g.jpg[/img]

Speaking of which: maybe GamerNick shoulda changed his name to Alice Cooper, instead.

BTW your stuff is finally on its way, big guy. Sorry for the delay.

Your welcome zag I will be putting more up for sale once I get over this flu bug...and thanks for letting me know the package is on its way. I wish I was Alice cooper id spend all my money on games!!!

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2628 on: January 18, 2013, 10:16:39 PM »

Your welcome zag I will be putting more up for sale once I get over this flu bug...and thanks for letting me know the package is on its way. I wish I was Alice cooper id spend all my money on games!!!

Neat.

BTW if all goes well, by tomorrow afternoon I should have a little cutting-edge communication technology in my hot little hands.

More on this later...
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2629 on: January 19, 2013, 03:20:59 AM »

Behold, my first Sega CD Game!

[img width=378 height=474]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/DarkTheThief/SlamCity.png[/img]

SLAM!  Dut Duh dut!  Let the boys be boys!

Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2630 on: January 19, 2013, 03:57:04 AM »

So, this week was slim pickins but I really spent more of the time I had outside of work and sleep trying to find/acquire games that others on the boards wanted.  I've tried to do this at least once a week.  NOTE: Make sure your collection is detailed.  You never know when someone finds loose manuals/cases/covers (see below), and I always look to see who needs them according to the "who owns this" link on the game's page.  I've sent out many thus far to other members for free.  Or maybe I'm the only one that gifts finds to those in need?

Thift Stores:

[img width=700 height=517]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/EldredgeJ/Webboards/S7303718.jpg[/img]

A couple of Sonic Underground DVD's for $1 each.  EA Sports Game Pad for the PS1 $2.  A few N64 sports games in really good condition for $0.50 each.  These are great add-ons when selling a system.  The PS1 Spec Ops was $0.95.

Game stores:

[img width=700 height=402]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/EldredgeJ/Webboards/S7303721.jpg[/img]

I picked up everything from the Play n Trade except the box in the middle.  I've been watching this SFII 15th Anniversary PS2 controller (still sealed) for over a year at a different store.  Chun-Li has always been my favorite character to play.  You'll notice a stuffed Japanese import ...doll of her on my shelf in a pic on my profile page.  Finally they dropped the price to acceptable.  I love it!

[img width=700 height=525]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/EldredgeJ/Webboards/S7303724.jpg[/img]

For the Play n Trade pick-ups the Sim City 2000, Final Fight, and Drakkhen are FS/FT.  The manuals lead to an interesting story.  It turns out that, as of a week ago, the guys have placed a box in the back of the store labeled "For Jason".  This box has been designated for any loose manuals, NES cart sleeves, game boxes, accessories, and anything else that they won't sell or display.  These were also items they usually tossed when brought in.  Nooooo!  I cannot wait to see what the future holds for this container of random treasure. 

To gain this type of treatment I withhold my modesty for a few minutes, I gave one of the guys an original XBox that he really wanted to try and mod.  Another received a free Saturn console that I gained on an awesome CL buy.  And the manager mentioned that he was looking for a specific GBC game that he couldn't find anywhere, and I found a CIB for him.  They give me great deals, and I really enjoy helping them with their gaming goals.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 04:07:28 AM by Techie413 » Logged

ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #2631 on: January 19, 2013, 07:46:07 AM »

Sports Games /Basketball-Games for SNES and Genesis/Mega Drive seem to be as small as a score can get. But  i am into BBall so it#s always a pleasure for me. Also looking forward to Persona 3 FES. And that i got SS Fighter´s Megamix...i think it´s some RF Gen-Bloggers´s fault  Grin

The not so small score is my drivers-seat where i can finaly put my 360 Driving Controller to rest. Normlally it´s around 300 €/ 390 $- got it from a friend working at a go-kart-Circuit for 170 € / 220 $ and it is in great shape. put the old license plate from my car on it, for authenticity  Cool

* DSC_0578.jpg (212.95 KB, 807x528 - viewed 55 times.)

* DSC_0580.jpg (132.95 KB, 500x716 - viewed 167 times.)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2632 on: January 19, 2013, 08:06:43 AM »

Sweet racing chair!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2633 on: January 19, 2013, 08:59:21 AM »

I've been away from the site for a bit, just mostly responding back to posts, but figured it's time to get some of my pictures and items up for the month. Since there's been a bit of talk about books and gaming books on a separate thread, I figured I'd post up my used bookstore pickups as well since some of them ARE gaming-related.

First, my pickups from the used bookstore:

Pretty sure I'm missing the Genesis Secrets guide, which is actually one of the first Prima strategy guides released (in the top 10 of ones they printed). I also don't own any of the Doom paperbacks, so it was awesome to find that.

We were missing these for our RPG library, so it was a no-brainer to pick them up.

Now for my wife's pickups at the bookstore:

My wife's a huge Dragonlance fan, and she can't refuse anything written by either Margaret Weis or Tracy Hickman. They had the whole series there, so we had to pick it up:

My wife's a Trekkie and loves Asimov's work, but she's never read Foundation.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2634 on: January 19, 2013, 09:12:52 AM »

Now for the stuff that I've had sent to me over the past couple weeks...
First starts off with the care package I got from Tynstar.

Iron Aces was returned to me because Bil sent him a copy previously. The carts for Snake's Revenge and Castlevania reportedly don't work, but I'll test them before I replace them with working versions I own. Love Bites is hard to sell on eBay, so he just sent it my way. Tenchu Senran is being added to my growing pile of Japanese Xbox 360 games I'm playing through now. I promise I'll get around to pricing everything for you, Scott!

Next up is the Dreamcast line of cars I purchased from Izret. I'll see if the Atari cars are around, and there was a collection of Donkey Kong Country cars at the flea market I may pick up to pair with these. Promise I'll send out your copy of C&C soon...

Zagnorch's holiday gift arrived on the same day as the Dreamcast cars. As always, the letter in the box comes first Tongue :

Addicted picked up the other one that was NIB, so Zag decided to send me the other one he had:

I've been playing through some Japanese Xbox 360 games and haven't had a chance to hook it up, but I'm sure it'll be a joy once I get to use it on some of the old retro titles it was made for. I've been dying to grab one since they were released, but it's unfortunate that the roller doesn't work with Tempest (not supported), the very game it was made for.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 09:17:11 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2635 on: January 19, 2013, 09:27:51 AM »

Still going...

A recent sale from dsheinem brought the following to the house:

Glacier (I think) NTSC-J GBA and F-Zero NTSC-J to complement it, along with 3 CIB GBA titles. I'm going to pop in Super Dodge Ball some time this week, since I love the Kunio games. I think that puts me up around 50 CIB systems now, but I'll have to check.

Lastly, Nick (GamerNick) and Bill (engel762) told me they were going to send along a holiday care package as well. I received it in the mail yesterday. Nick warned me the letter was a little dated - sure enough, they wrote it before his name change. Cheesy

Calibur .50 was a surprise - I've not seen a copy of that around here, so that was certainly unexpected. Power Stone was unexpected too - an awesome fighter I don't own a US copy for, so I'll be able to enjoy that and add it to the other NTSC-J Dreamcast titles I have. The other titles will replace beat up copies of ones I own, which are why they're not listed. Tongue

Thanks again everyone for all of the items. It's great to see everyone in the community sending out care packages, and I know I've got a few to send out. My wife's been working during the week, so the only day I can get to the post office is Fridays now, and that's been screwed over for the past 3 weeks or so. I promise that I'll send out everyone's packages that I owe here soon if possible.

GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2636 on: January 19, 2013, 09:33:00 AM »

Still going...

A recent sale from dsheinem brought the following to the house:

Glacier (I think) NTSC-J GBA and F-Zero NTSC-J to complement it, along with 3 CIB GBA titles. I'm going to pop in Super Dodge Ball some time this week, since I love the Kunio games. I think that puts me up around 50 CIB systems now, but I'll have to check.

Lastly, Nick (GamerNick) and Bill (engel762) told me they were going to send along a holiday care package as well. I received it in the mail yesterday. Nick warned me the letter was a little dated - sure enough, they wrote it before his name change. Cheesy

Calibur .50 was a surprise - I've not seen a copy of that around here, so that was certainly unexpected. Power Stone was unexpected too - an awesome fighter I don't own a US copy for, so I'll be able to enjoy that and add it to the other NTSC-J Dreamcast titles I have. The other titles will replace beat up copies of ones I own, which are why they're not listed. Tongue

Thanks again everyone for all of the items. It's great to see everyone in the community sending out care packages, and I know I've got a few to send out. My wife's been working during the week, so the only day I can get to the post office is Fridays now, and that's been screwed over for the past 3 weeks or so. I promise that I'll send out everyone's packages that I owe here soon if possible.

Enjoy the caliber .50 and power stone they were extras I had sitting around I figured you would enjoy them. I actually had 3 copies if power stone on dreamcast Japan.  So I gave one to you and to engel. Enjoy! And your welcome Smiley

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2637 on: January 19, 2013, 09:53:57 AM »

Sweet packages Shadow! Definitely some cool items in there from some cool members!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #2638 on: January 19, 2013, 10:49:20 AM »

Genesis MOUSE? Jealous.

engel762
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2639 on: January 19, 2013, 11:01:08 AM »

Nick and I found that when we were digging through a box of Sega stuff at one of the local places. Pretty much the day after Shadow had commented on a Wacky Worlds that Nick picked up someplace.  It was pretty grungy when I got it home, but after a tear down and a little scrubbing I think it cleaned up decent Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length