RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 27, 2024, 09:23:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 267515 times)
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2415 on: January 09, 2013, 02:53:53 PM »

Jesus, the thrift stores around you are like El Dorado.  I get amped over finding a dirty copy of NFL Gameday for PS1.

Agreed. Thrift stores where I live are an absolute waste of time.

I have officially given up on thrift stores.

I say that because usually all i find are sports games for xbox, but then i find stuff like that boxed N64 for $20 last week and that keeps me going back.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2416 on: January 09, 2013, 02:54:53 PM »

Jesus, the thrift stores around you are like El Dorado.  I get amped over finding a dirty copy of NFL Gameday for PS1.

I say that because usually all i find are sports games for xbox, but then i find stuff like that boxed N64 for $20 last week and that keeps me going back.

they're worth it for those rare great finds
Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #2417 on: January 09, 2013, 04:01:11 PM »

I go into places that are normally dry all the time... you know, just in case.

I remember once finding a $2 copy of Mega Man 1 in a pawn shop that normally never has old games. So yeah, you really never know...
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2418 on: January 09, 2013, 05:37:25 PM »

More loot in the mailbox today. Everything is from Goozex except Kingdom Hearts which is from Square-Enix during that half price holiday sale they were having.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h32/grayghost81/2013-01-09172617.jpg[/img]

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2419 on: January 09, 2013, 06:41:40 PM »

Today gave me another huge reason to love my local thrift store.

This is stuff I got for free, the guy was going to throw them out. I buffed some of these discs as needed.

[img width=700 height=1170]http://i.imgur.com/pvDMJ.jpg[/img]

And this was the stuff I paid for, total cost was around $30. The coolest video game related item I think is the Samurai Shodown 2 and Fatal Fury 3 PC dual pack. But, while its pretty cool, its not as awesome as the G1 Transformers box set!

[img width=700 height=418]http://i.imgur.com/xpshw.jpg[/img]

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2420 on: January 09, 2013, 08:06:46 PM »

I hit up all of the local Gamestops I could get to today for their 75% off all Gamecube sale.  I came away with quite a bit.  I also grabbed a couple of other things since the weekend.

[img width=640 height=480]http://i50.tinypic.com/2ikp8w4.jpg[/img]

I got the the following from Best Buy:
Warcraft Battle Chest - $8
Bakugan (Wii) - $3

From Gamestop I got:
Final Fantasy XIII guide - $7.50
Big Air (cib) - $1.25
FIFA 2002 (cib) - $.50
Army Men RTS (cib) - $2.50
Need for Speed:  Underground 2 (cb) - 2.50
Prince of Persia:  Sands of Time (cib) - 2.50
Prince of Persia:  Warrior Within (cib) - 2.00
Ratatouille (cib) - 1.75
Tiger Woods 2003 (cib) - .25
Tiger Woods 2005 (cib) - .50
Army Men:  Air Combat (cib) - 2.50
Bionicle (cb) - 1.50
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2421 on: January 09, 2013, 08:41:18 PM »

Got a package from Zagnorch today as we did a little trade recently.

Got a How to Draw Sonic the Hedgehog & The Gang book. It's in mint condition considering its from 1999. Also he threw in Sonic Drift 2 for the Game Gear. Very glad to have Zagnorch hook me up with stuff I love. The book is very charming to have in my Sonic collection  Grin

[img width=700 height=525]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w462/RazorKnuckles/sonicbook017_zps51fb00f4.jpg[/img]
[img width=700 height=525]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w462/RazorKnuckles/sonicbook013_zps0b424b68.jpg[/img]
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2422 on: January 09, 2013, 09:13:20 PM »

I did a trade with someone on NintendoAge and just got this in today:

[img width=400 height=400]http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/9501_142124452611204_1471237370_n.jpg[/img]

It isn't as minty as I would like, but I got a good deal on it and it gets me one step closer to completing my goal of collecting all the Mega Man games on NES CIB.

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2423 on: January 09, 2013, 09:52:32 PM »

Got a How to Draw Sonic the Hedgehog & The Gang book. It's in mint condition considering its from 1999. Also he threw in Sonic Drift 2 for the Game Gear. Very glad to have Zagnorch hook me up with stuff I love. The book is very charming to have in my Sonic collection  Grin

Now when you draw on letters to people it won't look like it was done by a third grader.  Wink Remember, "what good is a head without a body."

@ Johnny Nintendo, awsome CIB Mega Man 3. Great box art.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2424 on: January 09, 2013, 10:28:19 PM »

Missed the thrift stores last week, but loaded up last night.

[img width=700 height=444]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/EldredgeJ/Webboards/S7303703.jpg[/img]

GameCube Platinum $8
Dual Shock 2 Controller $2
Bongos $2 ea.
Donkey Konga $2
200+ Games for my Palm PDA's (Hopefully my Zodiac also) $1
Gameinformer mags $0.25 ea.
Classic PC discs, including some awesome PCGAMER demo discs from 1996-98 for $1 ea.
Little BK NFL handheld for $0.75

And, being a huge fan of the Bob & Tom Morning Show, I was thrilled to find a Sean Morey CD on the shelf that he had signed for $1.  "To Nancy" didn't know what she had, but I thank her.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sean+morey+dear+santa

And the Totally Rad NES game arrived from a trade with RetroRage.  There wasn't a game using the word "Tubular" from the 80's, was there?  I want that too.

Oh, and for the CollectorCast guys, I found the 1999 re-release of Mr Mouth with the frog to keep at the office for the girls, so I could bring mine back home.  I can't believe how much discussion the game got, but everyone should have a Mr Mouth set sitting with their Monopoly and Risk.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 10:44:44 PM by Techie413 » Logged

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2425 on: January 09, 2013, 10:38:26 PM »

they're worth it for those rare great finds

It's not so much that the thrifts in my area have the good stuff on a regular basis; there's just a LOT of them out here. There are five Goodwills and a Salvation Army I visit pretty much every day because they're on my route home from work (more or less), and six other GWs I visit at least once a week. I'm also near a couple Savers, one of which has a reasonably knowledgeable "connection" I've just made. There are also two locations of a certain bay area second-hand media chain that toss their stock of used games on the shelves at a particular time each week. Naturally, I'm usually right there to take advantage of the situation.

But even with all of the locations to check out, for every four places I hit, I'll find one that has something worth getting.

Got a How to Draw Sonic the Hedgehog & The Gang book. It's in mint condition considering its from 1999. Also he threw in Sonic Drift 2 for the Game Gear. Very glad to have Zagnorch hook me up with stuff I love. The book is very charming to have in my Sonic collection  Grin

Oh good, it finally got  to you.

I wasn't sure if you already had Sonic Drift 2 or not. I could have sworn some time back that you said you were looking for one of the Sonic Drifts, and I figured that might be the one.
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #2426 on: January 10, 2013, 07:40:59 AM »

Over the weekend both my girlfriend and I got to go out and get things for our collections.  While I got some N64 games, she is just getting back into what she likes to collect.  She likes arachnids.  Spiders, tarantulas, scorpions, you name it she likes it.  So she got 11 tarantulas and I got these Smiley

[img width=700 height=394]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g162/gooberjones/RF%20Generation/2013-01-10_07-27-56_222.jpg[/img]

First stop was R.U. Game and I found a few things there.  Army Men: Sarge's Heroes and Twisted Edge Snowboarding were to fill in some holes with orphans I have.  Supercross 2000 was also bought there.  Then I went to the other retro store in town.  I haven't been in there since the summer because they didn't have much for stock yet and their prices were kinda high.  They still didn't have much for different stock, but they totally changed their price system.  Everything that was commons and out on the walls and racks was $2.99.  Every NES, SNES, and N64 out there.  I didn't look but I'm sure the pricing is the same for Genesis and the like.  The games in the glass counter case were the rarer ones and a bit more obviously, but they averaged $10-$20.  I bought the rest of the N64 games shown there.  That was actually all the titles they had that I didn't except Battletanx: Global Assault because half the front label was missing.  So I think I will be stopping into that store more often to see if they get anything new in. 
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2427 on: January 10, 2013, 08:32:45 AM »

Over the weekend both my girlfriend and I got to go out and get things for our collections.  While I got some N64 games, she is just getting back into what she likes to collect.  She likes arachnids.  Spiders, tarantulas, scorpions, you name it she likes it.  So she got 11 tarantulas and I got these Smiley 

I think you got the cooler stuff out of the two of you.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2428 on: January 10, 2013, 10:56:04 AM »

^diddo

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2429 on: January 10, 2013, 10:58:23 AM »

I think you got the cooler stuff out of the two of you.

My wife would disagree - she would've picked both up.

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length