RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2024, 09:32:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 2! 0 Members and 27 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 401 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 2!  (Read 266781 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2130 on: December 21, 2012, 09:42:25 AM »

Sweet Neo Geo!!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2131 on: December 21, 2012, 09:47:14 AM »

Burningtoys, that looks very cool! Looking forward to a write up with your thoughts on this console.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
burningtoys
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #2132 on: December 21, 2012, 03:38:10 PM »

Forgot about that!  You will have I write a blog entry to let us know how it is.

I haven't had a lot of time to but some serious play time into it yet but if you guys want to see some silly videos of me unboxing it and some game play comparison to a Neo Geo MVS check out my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/burningtoys

I was going to straight link to the videos but they kept getting imbedded into the thread and I didn't want to crap up the thread with that.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:42:36 PM by burningtoys » Logged
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2133 on: December 21, 2012, 03:40:01 PM »

Forgot about that!  You will have I write a blog entry to let us know how it is.

I haven't had a lot of time to but some serious play time into it yet but if you guys want to see some silly videos of me unboxing it and some game play comparison to a Neo Geo MVC check out my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/burningtoys

I was going to straight link to the videos but they kept getting imbedded into the thread and I didn't want to crap up the thread with that.

You could always start a new thread just for the Neo Geo X. That kind of video would be welcome there.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2134 on: December 21, 2012, 08:10:30 PM »

[img width=700 height=418]http://i.imgur.com/SMaDS.jpg[/img]

I splurged on myself for the Holidays.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2135 on: December 21, 2012, 08:18:41 PM »

Well today bombatomba dropped by my work to pick up a Sega Genesis model 1 that I offered to him for free since his bit the dust a few months back, just trying to help my fellow member/neighbor out. 

To my surprise he handed me a small wrapped item. When I opened it I was extremely happy to find Sonic Adventure 2 for the Dreamcast as a very generous gift from him. He definitely put a big smile on my face as that has been a game I was really anxious to get since I picked up a Dreamcast recently. I'm glad to have him around my neck of the woods.  Smiley

Also picked up a Dreamcast blue controller, blue VMU and a 3rd party rumble pack at my local game store.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w462/RazorKnuckles/dcpicups2012_zps961ea47c.jpg[/img]
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2136 on: December 21, 2012, 08:23:38 PM »

Very nice!

I used to have a blue controller and a blue VMU. Sonic Adventure 2 is loads of fun.

Sirpsycho, that Tekken in the long box looks sweet!

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2137 on: December 21, 2012, 08:26:35 PM »

The VMU's are neat. I wish they could store more than 3 games before running out of memory. I've got several copies of Sonic Adventure 2 for the GameCube but now I can play it on the original system which is always the best way to play games.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2138 on: December 21, 2012, 08:28:10 PM »

Some of the later longboxes are like this, its the exact same case as a Saturn case.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2139 on: December 21, 2012, 08:48:24 PM »

If memory serves Sony didn't have enough cases at launch, so they bought some from SEGA's supplier. SEGA thought it was pretty funny at the time, but it seems Sony had the last laugh.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2140 on: December 21, 2012, 08:50:02 PM »

cool, never knew that. that's the kind of random company history that would be neat to hear about in the podcast, if you found enough things like that to talk about Wink .
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2141 on: December 21, 2012, 08:51:51 PM »

If memory serves Sony didn't have enough cases at launch, so they bought some from SEGA's supplier. SEGA thought it was pretty funny at the time, but it seems Sony had the last laugh.

I had heard Sony bought Segas overstock since their system was failing...

jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2142 on: December 21, 2012, 11:01:08 PM »

I got a copy of Golvellius: Valley of Doom for the Master System. It has become relatively expensive on Ebay (at least "buy it now"s are significantly higher than they were a year ago). I was glad to find a CIB copy for $15 at the store.

I'm part of the management team at my work and we made a deal that we wouldn't buy each other Christmas gifts this year (we did buy some for our employees, of course). One of the other managers couldn't resist, though. He warned me before I opened my gift that he hadn't paid a cent for it. What I found were few NES games (Rampage, Excitebike and Blaster Master), a game genie and a couple quickshot controllers. He knew I collected so he just raided his closet for anything vintage he could find. I was very happy to get them.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 11:03:18 PM by jansolee66 » Logged
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2143 on: December 21, 2012, 11:08:01 PM »

I got a copy of Golvellius: Valley of Doom for the Master System. It has become relatively expensive on Ebay (at least "buy it now"s are significantly higher than they were a year ago). I was glad to find a CIB copy for $15 at the store.

I'm part of the management team at my work and we made a deal that we wouldn't buy each other Christmas gifts this year (we did buy some for our employees, of course). One of the other managers couldn't resist, though. He warned me before I opened my gift that he hadn't paid a cent for it. What I found were few NES games (Rampage, Excitebike and Blaster Master), a game genie and a couple quickshot controllers. He knew I collected so he just raided his closet for anything vintage he could find. I was very happy to get them.

Thats pretty awesome of your co-worker! My boss did the same thing for me a few years back and I ended up with some free Gamecube stuff.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2144 on: December 21, 2012, 11:13:02 PM »

Some of the later longboxes are like this, its the exact same case as a Saturn case.

Random trivia knowledge:
Did you know that there are two types of clear long box cases? It seems there was a revision on the long box cases some time during the Sega CD that I noticed, but I'm not sure if it was done for the others. The holes on the top/bottom of the case where the hinges connect changed sizes, which makes it impossible to use the larger hinges on the smaller cases.

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 401 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length